“Good Flammekueche”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Waterford, Ireland
“Good Flammekueche”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Happened upon this spot for lunch. It was quite busy, but we didn't experience any delays. I must say the Flammekueche were really delicious and pretty decent value for money, but everything else about this restaurant is very ordinary and quite touristy. I don't think I'd recommend it for dinner, but it is a really good option for lunch.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Fleet
“A bustling little gem”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Finally got to try this restaurant (1st March) when in Luxembourg visiting friends, back in December we were unable to walk in as they were full. Always a good sign, this time we had a reservation

Worth the wait, our friends are lucky as they live locally and can visit anytime. From the moment we walked in you could not fault, the staff are all friendly and spoke good English; the atmosphere is lovely, candles up the stairs twinkling away. A bustling little gem, our table was on the first floor. The service was not rushed, that was down to us spending too long chatting over the drinks that came out promptly and it certainly was not slow, about right really if you are planning to spend a fair time having dinner with friends and chatting away.

We all had different starters and main meals, all very tasty and the portions are about right as is the cost. Other restaurants in the area are a lot more expensive. The menu is in different languages although some of the translations are interesting! Our waiter knew the menu well and was more than happy to help us out

We will certainly be returning when visiting our friends again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Yvonne_Kevin
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great food, nice ambiance”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I reserved a table (which wasn't needed) a couple Saturday nights ago. We were on the first floor (upstairs). I was quite surprised to hear so much English being spoken by other tables; particularly American English. There were a few locals in the restaurant as well.
The service and food were spot on. Others have complained about poor/slow service. We’ve been here numerous times and never had those problems. I bad a local Lux bier that was okay. For dinner I had the Lyonerpfanne (a Saarland specialty), my wife had spaetzel with speck (bacon), and our friend had a tarte flambé. All meals were good although I’d skip the Lyonerpfanne next time and go with a different selection.

For good food at reasonable prices and nice ambiance in the Grund section of Luxembourg this is a great restaurant. It’s particularly nice during warm weather when you can eat on their terrace.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank travelmeisteren
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great value for money!!!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I love this restaurant! The location is great and a perfect experience for tourists.
The food is superb, but not fancy. The prices are great for Luxembourg.
If you are looking for a romantic and nice restaurant to spend an evening, this is the place to go.
My favorite is the tarte flambée(Flammkuchen)!

• Visited July 2013
Belfast
“Best Steak in Lux”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Oh my.

Ate here on a quiet Sunday night in October, we were quite late (9.30pm) but the restaurant was still open and ready to make us whatever we wanted, staff were lovely and attentive, all spoke perfect English too.

We ordered a baked Camembert to share as a starter and it was was so very tasty, it didn't take us long to finish it. Then came our steaks, with mushrooms and onions and a salsa and onion and garlic dip with potato croquettes. I had asked for mine med-well and my friend had requested med-rare, they were cooked to perfection. It was a best steak I think I've ever had. The red wine recommended by the waiter matched the meal perfectly.

Had a lovely evening here with my friend and if I'm ever in Lux again I'd go back!

• Visited October 2013