All reviews excellent location an apple free wifi charming hotel fresh fruit croissants central location old town couple of nights large bathroom place d'armes breakfast room business trip the bus mini bar luxembourg city
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Awful stay here! Staff very unhelpful; room very strangely laid out; WiFi was poor (when it worked); sockets if working shot out sparks when attempting to use them. Bed was uncomfortable, was noisy and didn't have a great feel to it - over priced and better options available.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 9193benjaminb
CarloCravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Dear Mr Baumguertel, I am sorry to read that my hotel did not meet your expectatiohs for your stay in Luxembourg in November 2015. Did you check with our reception to have another one? Why sending you bad comments so late? I wonder if your comments are serious as I know wich room you had!
I really hope that next time you come to visit our nice city you will choose the one that will please your needs.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Great location, ten minute walk from everything down town. Extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly front desk. Big room, classic family hotel. Frenchstyle breakfast is just fine. Enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your nice comments and it is always great to read that people love this kind of hotel style. Vintage is a trend that is coming up again and you give me the strenght to go on on that way.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

You could not wish to be more central than this hotel. The hotel itself though has had not been updated I would say for more than 20 years. Very tired very old.

Staff there are very friendly the rooms are clean breakfast is not the best hotel breakfast I ate but wholly acceptable.

We were told by staff the this is a business hotel but seriously it's not it's way too tired and musty. Could not ever be compared to a Hilton or Marriott or Radisson.

Overall for a cheap weekend this is acceptable but is in desperately in need of a refurb! !!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katereto897
CarloCravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Guest, I thank you for your comments. Never ever compare a chain hotel with an independent hotel. I trust if you book an executive high standard room to business prices you will change your idea. It is normal that standard rooms with cheap prices in week-ends are of a different world. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I stayed at the Cravat in Luxembourg on a buisness trip in late April 2016. I had a big room with nice view. All was well, but WIFI was not free (except for 2 hours), so I paid quite a lot extra to have 12 hours access. This this should have been included, I think, but over all I liked it very much, and will come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony or vally view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
CarloCravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for your positive comments. Be assured that we will find a solution concerning the wifi connection during your next stay at the Grand Hotel Cravat. This should not be a barrier if all the rest met your expectations.
Kind regards, Carlo Cravat

Reviewed 19 April 2016

Here I was happy location, on the right bank of the city. Staff was extremely nice, spacious room would need a refresh.breakfast was efficient. Really liked the area just round the corner from Notre Dame cathedral.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
CarloCravat, Gérant at Grand Hotel Cravat, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice post. I am happy that you are pleased with my team and all what goes around. Hope that you'll come soon back to our nice little town.
Best regards,