Hotel Parc Belair
US$233
US$203
  • Restaurant
Le Place d'Armes Hotel(Luxembourg City)
US$256
US$303
US$294
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sofitel Luxembourg Europe(Luxembourg City)
US$322
US$298
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg(Luxembourg City)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$402
US$279
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Carlton(Luxembourg City)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$168
  • Breakfast included
US$318
US$234
  • Restaurant
Novotel Luxembourg Centre(Luxembourg City)
US$245
US$220
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Grand Hotel Victor Hugo(Luxembourg City)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Restaurant
All reviewslovely parkhotel bistronice hotelroom facing the parkminute walk from the centrebusy roaddelicious croissantscomfortable bedexcellent breakfaststayed for nightsvery nice staytea and coffeemain roadcouple of nightsno air conditioningstreet noisenice room
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed at the Parc Belair for one night on 10th April whilst travelling back home through France and were sorry not to stay longer. We had a suite with two balconies overlooking the park which was very pleasant with a very comfortable and large bed. The staff were excellent, always friendly and courteous and allowed us to leave our car in the secure car park after we had checked out so we could take a sightseeing tour of the city next morning.

The lobby of the hotel is very chic, beautifully decorated and has a smart bar for cocktails with good expresso coffee on tap for free at anytime, plus pastries and biscuits which was certainly a bonus, and something we'd not experienced before. They also have a swimming pool and spa which as we only stayed one night we didn't use but I think that is also included in the room price.

They have two restaurants, a bistro opposite the hotel and one in the park. The restaurant in the park looked lovely but as the weather was poor we had dinner in the restaurant opposite.We enjoyed it very much; the interior was quirky and cosy (it's Italian), and we had one of the best carpaccio's we've ever eaten and a great rigatoni veal bolognaise. There were lots of nice extra touches, a complimentary glass of peach champagne cocktail to start being one, and again the staff were excellent. It was also reasonably priced at £88.00 for two for three courses and plenty of wine.

We were very impressed and shall certainly stay again if travelling through France.

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the park as it's very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel between the 18th and 23rd March 2012. I had a standard double room (#316).
The Parc Belair is a suitable tourist hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The bed was comfortable and the room had a balcony overlooking the park which was nice. There was a shower and no bath. The TV was modern but only offered two channels in English, and both were news channels. There are by comparison around ten German language and ten French language channels showing a variety of programmes.
Breakfast is available downstairs in a nice restaurant area, but was not included in the price I paid (120 euros per night). It would have cost an extra 20 euros per person for a buffet. instead, there is a perfectly nice café to the left of the hotel if you take the road on the first left and walk about 200 metres.
There is no movie on demand system. Wi-Fi is available in the rooms for 20euros per 24 hours, but the signal was poor and didn't allow enough bandwidth for skype calls. The connection dropped several times every few minutes.
After 7pm you have to eat outside the hotel in the Bistro across the road. The bill can be added to your room. Food here was satisfactory. Pasta costs around 15 euros and a steak is 28 euros, which I found expensive for the quality. Room service is available, and it is the food served from the same bistro across the street. However, the nice photo of the terrace and restaurant on the TripAdvisor website for this hotel, is not actually at the hotel but in the Park, and you need to walk there.
The fitness centre is very small and most mornings I had to turn the lights on by going to the distribution panel, rather than the light switch.
On checkout I left a nice pair of headphones in the room by mistake. I called the hotel a few hours afterwards and was told the headphones were not there, and that the cleaning staff had not found anything. That was disappointing as they were definitely in the room when I left.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony with a Park view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank simonbirt
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have been staying in this hotel for the last few months on business, I find the hotel staff excellent and willing to help with issues that I might have. The location is very nice.

Good WiFi coverage in the lobby and rooms, good parking.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was in Luxembourg for a colloquium at the European Court of Justice. My hosts had booked me into the Parc Plaza hotel. But, luckily, it was overbooked, and I transferred to the Parc Belair, a much more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing place. There was no room availability in the Parc Belair itself. So we ultimately ended up in some annex rooms in a building just beside the hotel. No complaints, however, as the rooms had just been refurbished and were of a high calibre.

The lobby of the hotel is like a scene from "Cage aux Folles". Completely over the top in terms of decoration. But I liked the madness of it all and enjoyed a couple of nightcaps in the plush and comfortable surroundings of the lobby. Next morning, I had an enjoyable breakfast in a room overlooking the park. Indeed the breakfast room is so close to the park as to be almost inside it. Echoes of the "Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". Breakfast was standard EU fare: fresh rolls, selection of cheeses and cold meats, fruit juices and salads. As is usually the case in Continental europe, the coffee is freshly brewed and exceptionally tasty.

All in all, there was a high degree of escapism attached to staying in this hotel, something which enhanced the overall guest experience for me.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Insightful
Reviewed 1 November 2011

All one could want...great breakfast, solid internet (free in lobby otherwise $28 in room), and a bus stop right out side (or 15 minute walk to downtown). Would highly recommend!....also next to beautiful park to go walking in!

• Stayed: November 2011