“3 night business stay”
Review of Hotel Parc Belair

Hotel Parc Belair
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed 12 June 2013

it was the third time I've stayed in this hotel and I was glad I came back. My room was a standard one and was spacious enough for one person, or even two. Comfortable bed. Wifi is free now and there was a good reception in my room. Breakfast has a lot of choice. Parking is underneath and quite expensive. Dinner is across the street in the hotel bistro or in the grill restaurant right of the main entrance.Between 1800 and 2100 there are free drinks and snacks in the lobby. Although is was quite warm outside, 20-22°C, the central room climatisation seemed not to be active, I had to open a room but didn't complain about as my room was a the park site and was very quiet. I'll be back next stay in Luxembourg.

Room Tip: ask for a double room for single use and at the park side (more quiet than street side)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is upmarket compared to most of the business hotels I have to stay in. Such a refreshing change to be somewhere really nice. The room was super - spacious, quiet and comfortable. I did not have a park view, but the traffic was not a problem. Breakfast is excellent, with plenty of hot options and fresh omelettes on request.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear have a view over the park.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Overall, I had a very nice stay at the Parc Belair. The room was exceptionally clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Nice big towels. Excellent breakfast in a lovely breakfast room overlooking a park. I also ordered room service one night and the food was quite good.
Couple of things to note about this hotel: the furnishing are a wee bit dated. It's not a big deal, but this is a pretty traditional looking hotel and it could use a little updating. As usual with most European hotels, the rooms don't have indivdual climate control so it can get stuffy. The good news is that windows are big and you can get a nice breeze into the rooms so that wasn't a problem for me. Also, while the staff was helpful and accomodating, I always got the feeling questions or requests were a bother. I don't know if they were just reserved or what, but it was a pretty consistent attitude among the staff.
While there were tiny shortfalls, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I visited Luxembourg business related and stayed in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was completely booked so they gave me a suit for the first night and apologized because I had to move to another room for the second night. My working clothes therefore had to stay in a suitcase for the whole next day since I was out until late in the evening. But ok, I could live with it. However, when I came into a regular room around 23h and tired as hell just wanted to crash on the bed and sleep, problems started. When I opened the water tap, black (!) water came out! And then weird noices and it stopped. I switched it off but the water started running a little and I could not shut it off. Shower worked weirdly as well - mixed black and in a changing pace and in all directions. I just wanted to wash my face and I was all wet. Almost until midnight a girl from the reception and one man tried to fix it but they managed just to shut it off. They apologized and said that I can use shower after all and that they can't do anything because a hotel has been fully booked. They didn't offer any discount by themselves (although I expected that night not to be charged at all!), no complimentary drink or whatever ... Personally, I don't care about free drinking, the point is customer service which is simply terrible for a hotel with 4*. I would expect them to find me a room in any other hotel in the city, pay for it and transfer me.
Terrible booking managing, terrible customer service. This hotel for sure does not deserve the stars it has.
They have nice pillows and nice breakfast, I give them that.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katarina S
GoeresGroup, Manager at Hotel Parc Belair, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments.
Could you please kindly get in touch with us by mail as we can give you more explication regarding your negative experience.
Sincerely yours,
Duriau Gabriel
RD Manager / Goeres Group Luxembourg

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business and I have to say the hospitality in this hotel is top class. Rooms are spacious and very quiet. High speed wifi throughout came at no cost. Breakfast was excellent with an array of items to choose from.

On the second even we worked late and had 2 beers before bed. It was very late and I didn't expect staff to be on. A gentleman catered for our needs without question. Lovely part of the city with a fine supermarket about 400 yards up the road. (Out the main door and turn right). 90 channels on the flat screen tv and the menu bar reasonably priced.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Hotel was comfortable and staff very helpful. A little tired/dated in parts but that is part of it's appeal if you are a general tourist. Nice atmosphere and location pretty good, not that you are that far from anywhere in Luxembourg, it is not a particularly big place. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry K
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Those people pretend to run a 4 star hotel, with 5 star prices, 3 star people, 3 star breakfast, 2 star room amenities and 2 start cleaning people (the shower box, the wash basin and the toilet were not properly clean (all yellow in the corners)). The room did not have a chest of drawers for storing clothes. Just had a rod for hanging clothes. I had to leave the clothes in the suitcase.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business