Not sure why this hotel belongs to “Leading Hotels of the World”? Service and facilities are definitely not at that standard.
We ordered the pick-up from the airport. 25min after arrival and 10min after we had our luggage I phoned the concierge and was told that the car is in traffic and should arrive within 5 min. When I called again 10min later I was told the same story. Another 10min later I was told about major traffic jam in Luxembourg. The car finally arrived 50min after our arrival. Not a good start for a Surprise weekend to which I had invited my partner. The way back to the hotel took 15min and no traffic jam insight. After arrival I spoke to the manager on duty and she told me that traffic jams come and go very quickly. She even didn’t bother to say sorry.
The rooms are furnished in 80’s style. We were disgusted when we realised that the toilet still had brown stains from our predecessors. We booked the Executive room. Even a coffee maker is missing (many 3 Star hotels have one). Hairdryer is an early 80s style weak device. Sauna and Steam room are also in 80s style. The sauna was only at 70 degree C so not really useful. I booked a massage for my partner and she rated it as 5 out of 10 points not knowing that one hour costs 160€. She said it was not really a massage but more a stroking. You can get a great massage for half the price. If you pay extra-ordinary prices than you should not accept below ordinary performance.
On Saturday we left the hotel at 9:00 for the city and put the “make-up room” sign outside. When we returned at 16:00 we wanted to relax but at that time the room was not even made. I had to call housekeeping and we spend the waiting time in the bar. At departure the trip back to the airport took just 15 min.
The stay in this hotel was really disappointing. The only thing which is 5 Star and higher are the prices. Service and facilities struggle to reach even 4 stars. I would not recommend Le Royal to any of my friends. It is easy to find better value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its sophisticated European hospitality and impeccable service, Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg is arguably the only five-star hotel in the heart of Luxembourg and one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Heavy renovation works have just been achieved: 170 renovated rooms, the Piano Bar with a contemporary design enhanced by original lights and music and, the last but not the least, the new restaurant Amélys which proposes a traditional, natural cuisine in magnificent surroundings brightened in the summer by a flowery terrace. Fine dining at La Pomme Cannelle epitomizes culinary excellence, while the Club Santé offers professional spa treatments, a fitness centre and an indoor swimming pool. Golden Key Concierge service, airport shuttle bus, garage parking and a lovely boutique complete the first-class experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Royal Luxembourg City
- Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg Luxembourg City