“Lovely stay, can't wait to return”

Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here whilst on a business trip and really can't fault the hotel in any way... Room, staff and service were all excellent!! Very pleasant stay.
The hotel staff couldn't not have been anymore attentive and alway friendly and welcoming

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My family and I had two rooms at this hotel - 1 standard room and one small suite. Both rooms were just average and in definite need of a remodel. They were definitely not worth the price.

The service was actually spectacular, which was redeeming. Also, the restaurant - although very expensive - was very good. The breakfast was fairly nice as well. None of this made up for the fact that this hotel is I tired and dated and charging too much for their rooms. A little facelift though, and this hotel would have the makings of a luxury weekend getaway spot.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Le Royal Hotel Luxembourg is located on Boulevard Royal; other than that, it's nothing royal really. Some locals seem to think this is a 5 star, leading hotel, but I am not so sure after staying 2 nights. I like the rooms which are bright and cheerful, and the toiletries. Breakfast: the scrambled eggs were too wet for me. What turned me off about this hotel was the fact that when I registered for the check in, there was a selection of newspapers, and I ticked the International New York Times. When I checked out, I was charged 3 Euros per day for the papers. I did not mind paying; I only objected to the fact that it wasn't transparent in the registration form. Many five stars hotel offer a selection of newspaper in your room, especially if you're on a business trip. But this hotel does not warn you it's chargeable. The room also lacks a kettle for tea/coffee -- something I consider very very basic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hilltriber
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Le Royal for two nights. We had an upgraded room and found it to be far more than what we expected. Service was definitely first rate. A rush dry cleaning order was handled flawlessly and when my wife needed to buy some chocolates for a relative before the gift shop had opened, the most gracious concierge opened the store and patiently helped her make a decision. Emphasis on "patiently." The only meals we ate at the hotel were breakfasts; they were great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittleJoeFromChicago
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent, friendly, clean and great position. Worthwhile staying if money is not an object.
Concierge set us perfectly right on where to go and the best restaurants will come back again.
Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for one Saturday night on our city break. The hotel facilities were good and I would say probably 5 star but the experience was not. The location is excellent, very central without being too close to the night life. Staff were friendly enough (some more then others) but there seemed to be something missing that did not make you feel like you were a valued customer. We had arrived the day of the Luxembourg Marathon and so the hotel was very busy and we could not check in before the allocated time. The concierge staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a courtesy bus from the airport so make sure you book this in advance. The food in the restaurant was excellent though again they were inflexible as our child wanted the buffet but we wanted a la carte and we could not combine the two. Overall we had a fabulous time in Luxembourg and the location of the hotel made it perfect for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Le Royal is a nice hotel in a good location. It is quite expensive though. Unfortunately the rooms have always been very warm. Seems like there is no proper air conditioning. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business