“Classy, great location, expensive, polite staff, great view, spacious rooms.”

Hotel Parc Belle-Vue
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had to make a 2 day detour in Luxembourg to visit relatives. It was decided on the last minute and I did not have many options on hotels to pick from. I ended up spending over a hundred euros at this one, since I needed something downtown.

Parking is available on site.

The place is very well kept and clean. There is nothing to complain about regarding that. The entire place is smoke free, so bear that in mind. You will have to go outside the premises to smoke.

I remember the feast. That is what their breakfast should be called. They had everything you can imagine and I have to say it was worth the money I spent.

The staff is European standard polite. They are not condescending as the Dutch staff members, so you can trust that you will be well treated when you arrive.

Even though the place is clearly sophisticated and sleek, there is no vibe of pretentiousness over it. It's laid back and downright relaxing.

I haven't used the internet inside of my room, since it was a short stay and I barely stayed inside, I chose not to pay the few euros for a 24 hour internet pass. Instead, I decided to go to the lobby to take care of my needs for free.

Staff was friendly and accommodated my change of plans when I had to extend the stay.

Heating was superb and the shower was hot on demand.

The view is spectacular and even though you have large windows, if you keep them open, it would be very hard for someone from outside to see what's going on inside the room. At least in the upper floors, that is.

There are no buildings in front of the windows for what seemed like over 200 metres, so, again, privacy is assured.

This seemed like a business-executive hotel, but it wasn't close to the financial district.

There are several restaurants and bars within walking distance. The historical monuments and sites are also within walking distance. There are bus stops in the area. The very street where the hotel is located seems to be one of the main streets of Downtown Luxembourg City.

Overall, I'd have chosen something else, but I was out of choices. It turned out to be a great place to stay. A tad expensive, but worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. I don't think all of them have it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here in May 2014. The hotel is made up of several buildings, some of which have offices in them, so it's a large complex. parking is available, but the underground parking can be a little difficult to get into, we had to get help to get in when we were leaving! Our room did not have the fabulous old town views, but it was nice and quiet, very functional. Breakfast was great, definitely worth it. It's in a separate building (served in the restaurant), and it had a large variety of healthy food and pastries. It gets quite busy, so you need to grab the waiters' attention if you want coffee or a refill. I had room service on one of the nights, they specialise in pizza from their in-house pizza restaurant. It's only available from 6.30pm, but I put in an order at 6.10 and at 6.35 it was at my door, very impressed with the service and the pizza was delicious. Location-wise, it's not bang in the centre, it's on one of the main routes into the city, but was just right for us as we had a car, and we could just walk into the city centre in less than 10 minutes. the reception also has a free coffee machine and water dispenser, but you can only use it until 11am. Nice hotel, quiet and functional.

Room Tip: Add the breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank d0ra-expl0ra
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here for a week on a business visit. Very efficient friendly and good staff. Well tidied rooms and purpose built space, almost travellodge premierinn-esque. Great view towards the back of the hotel though overlooking the valley. Good breakfast served in a very efficient manner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dierahul
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location, within 5-10 mins walk of the city centre and all the sights. This was primarily why I chose this hotel as the train station hotels are a good 25 min walk from the city. The room itself was rather plain but the view over the valley was impressive. The hotel (two hotels in one) itself looks like an old office block or school but the Italian restaurant there was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Luxembourg is a very expensive place, but we got what we wanted at the price we accepted. We spent 4 nights at the Parc Belle-Vue Hotel in the centre of the city. We had a double room with a queen size bed. The staff was friendly even if we didn't really need any help since we spent the time with our daughter and her family. So we just needed a bed to sleep. Anyway the room was clean and confortable. The room wasn't too small and the bathroom had soap, shampoo and enough towels. It also had hair dryer but lacked of a bidet. We were charged 260,00 euros for 4 nights, booking by Booking,com.
The location was very nice and within waliking distance from downtown. Even the railway station could be reached on foot.
Breakfast was not included and it was charged 15 euros. I can't say what it is like as i didn't take it. But even if Luxembourg is very expensive there are a lot of places where you can have something to eat and drink for less.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madiba1996
Reviewed 29 April 2014

.....not trying to be too harsh...but staying in this "hotel" ...is not the best option/choice even if you are trying to forget international standards....
I dont know were the other reviews were based upon....I am really not difficult traveller...but this stay was simply unacceptable.
Kind of unfriendly reception personal...even after my second comment that I do not speak french continued to be asked in french what I want....(and only after that switched to English)...rooms terrible...two beds pushed togother and at the slightest move of yourself the bed(s) followed...by far the smallest TV hanging from a corner in more than two meter hight....37 cm tube thing from the century before last....hardly to watch without getting tired immediately...
No minibar....no fridge...no nothing....vending machine for drinks/chocolate in the entrance of the rooms part of the hotel....like in Vegas in the 80´s.....only that you had more fun on gaming floor in these days....and the price was all in all not really cheap...as to justify it....
parking horrible expensive....and room service was a pizza menu...nothing else to be ordered....although there was a restaurant "attached" to the hotel.....
first and last time stay for me....

Room Tip: dont remember if there was a fitness or pool..so please excuse if I voted in case....no further comm...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Georg S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

From outside this hotel is probably one of the ugliest. It is attached to another hotel which is more upmarket. The Parc Belle Vue looks like university accommodation!. It looks much better at night when it is lit up.

The rooms are clean but quite basic and bland with a decent size shower room. If you choose to have breakfast it is taken in another building not connected so you need your coat on to get there. Breakfast was very good.

It is a five minute walk into the centre of the city which I thought was quite stunning. Make sure you walk to the viewing point over the older bits of the city towards the modern bits.

The hotel whilst lacking any charm is well situated and perfectly ok for a short visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple