I was a little disappointed with the Alvisse Parc Hotel if I’m honest. The hotel is billed as a 4 star hotel, but I would disagree, with caveats.
There’s no doubt the facilities, dining and décor are 4 star. Both the indoor and outdoor pools are lovely, with the indoor pool being complimented by a steam room, sauna, solarium and small CV suite. The food was excellent, the staff are friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome, but there’s just a couple of little things that detracted from the experience.
Firstly, our room had no air conditioning. The room was stiflingly hot. There are air conditioned rooms available for an extra 30 Euro a night. The fact that not all rooms have air conditioning is not made clear at the time of booking. For a 4 star, this is unforgivable. Opening a window obviously helps, however the hotel is on a busy road which is one of the main commuter routes into Luxembourg City.
Secondly, there were no ironing facilities in the room. That’s not really a massive problem as reception hold a stock of irons and ironing boards. You have to leave your passport at reception whilst you have the iron and ironing board in your possession which seems a little over the top, and I had to collect and return the items myself. Now, I’m a fit middle aged man, so it wasn’t an issue. My point is that for a 4 star hotel, I would expect it to be delivered.
There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room, nor a mini bar. Again, not very 4 star.
I will reiterate that the leisure facilities are excellent, the general ambiance of the hotel is excellent, the staff are friendly and helpful and the public rooms are stylishly decorated and comfortable. There’s ample free parking and the transport links into the city are on your doorstep. This aspect is definitely 4 star. However, the rooms, arguably the most important part of a hotel, have been forgotten about and are very much 3 star at best.
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, just not the going up to my room to sleep part.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Its superb location makes Parc-Hotel Alvisse 4* an ideal choice for business and leisure travellers alike. The hotel is surrounded by a leafy, tranquil park and features a swimming pool. The city centre is only a short 5 minute drive away while Luxembourg Airport, the Kirchberg Plateau and the European Institutions can all be reached within 10 minutes. Parc-Hotel Alvisse features 320 newly renovated superior rooms and studios, all fully equipped with air conditioning, luxury bed linen, en-suite bathroom, free Wi-Fi and digital TV. The hotel’s Wellness Centre allows guests to relax and includes free access to our sauna, sunbed, gym, and indoor and outdoor pool areas. A free on-site car park with 450 spaces is also available. Buses run at regular intervals from the nearby bus stop and are a fast and convenient means to reach the centre of town. Guests can enjoy our tennis, ping pong and bowling facilities, and the beautiful surroundings make for pleasant runs and walks and feature a mountain bike trail. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the Belenhaff ‘Golf de Luxembourg’ golf course. ‘La Veranda’, our gourmet restaurant, offers delightful set menus and à la carte dining in a spacious, contemporary setting with a terrace overlooking our park and pool area. The daily breakfast buffet is a rich selection of both hot and cold options. Breakfast can also be served in your room. The lounge bar is open from 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. every day. The hotel has 12 function rooms suitable for groups of any size from 12 to 1500 delegates or guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking and Odigeo so you can book your Alvisse Parc Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Alvisse Parc
- Alvisse Parc Luxembourg City
- Alvisse Parc Hotel Luxembourg/Luxembourg City