“Nice hotel, great location for business trip”

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Novotel is a nice hotel, located in Luxembourg's business district. It's therefor a great hotel to stay. Unfortunately there is paid parking on the hotel's grounds and the beds were too hard for me to sleep on. The staff is however very friendly and the breakfast is nice. If you want to explore the Luxembourg's surroundings by car (and also Trier) you might consider this hotel also.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Martijn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg.

I was really pleased to acknowledge the graduation that you attribute to our establishment and the comment. Please know that I have shared your really positive graduation and your comment with the team, so they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations. I was really glad to read that you recommend our hotel for the TripAdvisor user, thank you.

Feedbacks from our clients are really important to us so thank you Mr. Martijn.

We look forward to welcoming you again Mr. Martijn at the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg.

Quartier Européen Nord Kirchberg

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel with top service. I arrived the hotel quite late in the evening and discovered that there has been double booking so my room wasn't available. But the reception quickly arranged a room for me at the Suite Novotel across the parking lot. Next day I got a complimentary room on 7th floor with free mini bar, bath and espresso machine. Overall, the staff of the hotel is very helpful and friendly, room was spacious and clean and breakfast has a wide selection. I especially liked the selection of quality teas since I don't drink coffee in the morning. I would gladly stay here again in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Anna Liisa,

I am pleased to read your positive comments and I am glad that you took the time to share your experience with us.

I am really glad that the reception finds a suited solution regarding your booking. It’s a really great pleasure to acknowledge that you appreciate our executive room and our wide selection for breakfast. Please know that I have shared your comments with the all team so they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Our clients are very important to us and we strive to provide you the best service possible in order for you to be satisfied.

I hope to welcome you again at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg Dear Anna Liisa.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am currently even now staying at the hotel, but I am really disappointed with the overall experience in this hotel.
The very first day after the check-in, my husband had an emergency surgery of apendicitis, and he should not move for at least one week. Beside this, we had come with our 8-month baby, who requires special care for a two week long stay. At least, we received the baby crib for free.
It is positive that the breakfast is great, have a lot of choices and the staff there is very helpful and smiling.

1. Although in the comments below I am reading that the construction are near the end, it is not true! The high noise could come to our room very clearly in any moment of the day, without prejudice! I tried to tell the reception about this, but the noise continued with the same pace. The next day, my husband told one of the front desk officers about this, and again, the noise continued similarly, and it still goes on. We are here from 30 June until 12 July. The baby is awaken as soon as he falls asleep during the day, every day!!!
2. Most of the days the hotel didn't offer the towels for the baby, and sometimes even the hair and body shampoo for the adults, which I find quite unusual for a 4-star hotel.
3. The room is approached without privacy from the staff of the hotel!!! They enter the room without knocking, even when we have put the "Don't disturb" sign on the door! It was impossible to stay calm that day, because the phone rang on asking if it is true that we don't need service, the door knocked the same, and finally we decided to give up and have the service, despite the baby hours. But, the most important issue is the entrance without notification of the hotel staff, with the excuse of seeeing the minibar. This happened several time during the same day!!!
4. It was raining in Luxembourg. I decided to get out and take an umbrella from the front desk. The deposit for a quite-destroyed small umbrella was 50 Euro!!! Although you get the money back, I suppose you can buy 10 new umbrellas for this price.
5. The kid's corner inside the hotel was invisible, literally invisible. When you see the advertisement in the hotel site, you think about how wonderful will the kids feel, but when you see the reality, I cannot even find the words for how small and not practical it is, close to the chech-in desk and next to the cyber corner, where people work and amuse. Beside this, the kid's corner is only for the kids over 3 years old, so we couldn't make use of it for our little baby, who has just started to make his first steps.
6. When we tried to whatch one of the World Cup matches at the bar inside the hotel, they claimed that we cannot stay there without ordering, so that we couldn't see the match. Just for the explanation, the match was screaned only at the bar, but not at the lobby, where at least 2 monitors are located.

Finally, I can summarize that it is not at all value for the money and for the convenience staying at this hotel. My husband couldn't move in the meantime, and we had also the baby with us, but I would have chosen another hotel immediately. I am not suggesting this hotel to any of my friends, relatives and to noone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte R, Directeur général at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Arionela,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to explain in details your experience at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg and wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused.
It was a pleasure to meet you in person yesterday in order to exchange about the issues encountered and I am pleased that you were satisfied with the outcome of our conversation. I am convinced that you enjoyed the diner invitation we organized for your last evening.

Regarding your comment about the renovation I am pleased to inform our Tripadvisor readers that the refurbishment of all corridors are now completed and that the brand new lift will operate by the end of July giving the hotel a fresh and modern atmosphere.

I shared your comment about the housekeeping and restaurant department in order to avoid any inconvenience again. For the deposit about the umbrella, it has been indeed a misunderstanding as 15 € deposit was taken and not 50.

Finally, about children facilities, kids and families can enjoy our brand new garden of 300 sq meters, providing also a large terrace and a playground dedicated for children.

As discussed together, feel free to contact me directly for your next visit, I will make sure to allocate you a room on the top floor and welcome you personally.

I am looking forward welcoming you soon at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg again.

Kind regards

Jerome LEFEVRE

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Room Tip: Old sofas, rooms need interior refreshing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

If you are in Luxembourg for business, this is definitely a good place to stay. The rooms are clean and of decent size. The restaurants offer good food and the breakfast is of great quality. The neighborhood is very quiet. The only down side is that it's in Kirchberg which is about 15 minutes away from the center.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Kemperch,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment. I am pleased to acknowledge that you appreciate the quality of the food that we propose for breakfast and in our restaurant. Please know that I shared yours comments with the all team so they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward, so thank you Dear Kemperch.

We look forward to welcome you again Dear Kemperch at the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The rooms have been recently renovated (can still smell the paint) to a very high standard...friendly, welcoming decor and spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities in the bedroom and the breakfast buffet has plenty to choose from. Looking forward to my next business trip to Luxembourg!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BAW63
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Beverley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay in our establishment.

I was delighted to read your comment and that you enjoyed our rooms and the tea and coffee tray. I was really pleased as well to read that you enjoyed our large selection for the breakfast. I have shared your comment with the team so they are aware of their contribution to helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Don’t hesitate to contact me at this following address regarding your next stay so I could take care of your reservation:
H1930-DM@accor.com

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward so thank you Dear Beverley.

We look forward you to welcome you again Dear Beverley at the Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed there 2 nights. I checked in late, so there was only one person working behind the desk. Took a little time to get checked in. Once the I saw the person, check in process was fast and quick. Hotel is nice and clean. AC works great. Really great considering it was hot when I stayed there. Location is good. I had my own vehicle, so I didn't take public transportation. Internet is available, but slow. You can check emails but anything else is really really slow. The shower and sink took a long time to drain the water. The water pressure for the shower could have been better. I used their fitness center. All they really had in there was 2 running machines. A little disappointed that they didn't have free weights in there. Breakfast was good. Great selection. I did not eat there for lunch or dinner, so I can't comment. Would I stay here again, sure I would. It's not the best, and it's not the worst. It was clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Charlotte R, General Manager at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Crazzy,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Concerning internet, I would like to inform you that we are actually working on it so we will be available to provide a better quality service for our clients. I was glad to read that you appreciate the selection we propose for breakfast. Regarding your comments please know that I have shared them with the all team, so they are aware of their contribution to satisfy you and meet your expectations. When I acknowledge your comment I noticed that you didn’t try our restaurant, I would like to tell you that we propose since the 10th June a new menu with fresh and quality products.

Don’t hesitate to contact me directly at this following address regarding your next stay so I could take care of your reservation:

H1930-DM@accor.com

Feedbacks for our clients are really important to us, so thank you again Dear Crazzy.

We look forward to welcoming you again Dear Crazzy.