The hotel is very nicely set out and the staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. The room I stayed in had a great view over the valley across to the City. However, there were some things which let this place down a little. The air con was very noisy and kept rattling. The glass shower cubicle was unusually right beside the bed which was fine for me alone, but if I was travelling with friends might have been awkward (although the rain shower was amazing).
It missed some small touches like not replenishing the shampoo / shower gel after the first night, not having any shampoo at all, not having enough coffee.
All in all a pleasant stay, but would probably try somewhere else in the city if I came again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Alzette and Petrusse Valleys, the luxurious Sofitel Luxembourg le Grand Ducal enjoys stunning views of the historic city centre. The hotel is at the centre of the Espace Petrusse complex, a short walk from major multinationals, embassies, major tourist attractions and shopping. On the top floor of the hotel is a high class restaurant serving gourmet cuisine prepared by a star rated chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Lux Le Grand Ducal Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Sofitel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal Luxembourg City