“Fantastic hotel - extremely nice personel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fantastic hotel - extremely nice personel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Excellent hotel close to the city center and the train station. We have rarely experienced such a good service in a hotel. Exteremely friendly guest relation, excellent food, nice room, great rain shower, no polyester sheets or cushion. The good old style of a first class hotel but modern and stylish room and hotel intereur. Very nicely isolated rooms - it is very, very quiet - just great !
10 minutes walking distance to the train station, 10 minutes walking distance to the city center.
We loved it and would certainly go there again !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ocean140858
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Ocean140858,

Thank you very much for having shared your recent Sofitel experience.

Excellent service is what we strive to provide to all our guests and I am very happy to hear that you were very satisfied with the experience you had at our hotel.

Your comments will definitely help to motivate our ambassadors in order to continue to provide our guests with 5 star service.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you again at the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sofitel Le Grand Ducal while celebrating our second anniversary. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and they even upgraded our room for us! Without a doubt, I would stay here again. Our room was clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities we required. I especially liked the glass, square-shaped shower with the color-changing mood lighting. The view from our room was perfect. It overlooked the lower part of the city - which I highly recommend you request a room with this view.

The refrigerator was stocked with drinks every day at no additional charge. We did go up to the hotel bar to check out the spectacular views of the city, but the drinks were a little overpriced. Overall, this was an outstanding hotel experience, and we look forward to staying here again in the future.

Gay stamp of approval ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Luxembourg's lower town. Best views of the city! Wow!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John M
Dear John M,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your second anniversary at our hotel and that you were happy with the complimentary upgrade you were given.

I would also like to thank you for complementing our staff. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of them.

We hope that you will visit us again

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Concierge Hicham is amazing. He listens and communicates with the staff so guest requests are not lost in the chain of command. He always seemed to be taking care of things.

I had suite 619 and it is very roomy and the view is good. There is currently construction immediately in front of the hotel which somewhat reduces the impact of the view. The bed sleeps great, the amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bath gel, shower cap, cotton swabs, slippers, robe, make up mirror, hair dryer and soap. The amenities are Hermes and for me, the scent was too strong. The tub is huge and the water pressure great. The internet is wonderful. My closet was fine except there is no shelf space. I had to move the coffee pot to make room for my things, and then they were always on display.

Breakfast is good with lots of variety. Room service was accurate and prompt. I needed some documents printed, so I emailed them to the front desk and the concierge, called to let them know these emails were coming, and they promptly brought my documents to my room.

This hotel is very modern so it doesn't have the old world charm that I wanted from being in Luxembourg. It is a shame because the service here is great, and all the staff is very friendly. I asked for many changes and each one was addressed without fanfare. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quieter and ask for a room with a view of the valley.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christmas2010
Christmas2010,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I will make sure that your comments will be shared with our Concierge Hicham. I am sure he will appreciate your positive feedback a lot.

Besides this I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the layout of your room and our panoramic bar on the top floor. During your next visit please let us know that you do not enjoy the Hermes products and we will provide you with a different type of amenity.

We look forward to welcome you again at our Hotel.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend city break. It all looks very slick and stylish with some nice artwork and sculptures. Everything is kept in good condition.

The best part of the hotel is the top floor bar and restaurant which has fantastic views across the city. We enjoyed some great cocktails here and then breakfast the following morning. It really is a wonderful asset.

Staff were very friendly and helpful with all our enquiries. Rooms were nicely done out in a modern style. Great shower with good water pressure. The bed was one of the comfiest I have ever slept in. One downside; I found the A/C not particularly responsive to the desired temperature on the display.

My only grip was the fitness room / gym which wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. It was small and lacking in equipment (no cross trainer or rowing machine for example).

Would recommend Luxembourg in general as a nice weekend city break for couples.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Calthrop
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Calthrop,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience which you had at our hotel.

I am pleased to hear that your weekend city break was a success and that you had a great time at our hotel and in Luxembourg.

Besides this it is with great pleasure that I read that you were very happy with the delicious cocktails and breakfast you had at our top floor.

Thank you as well for commenting about our other facilities which we have at our hotel.

We hope that we can welcome you again at the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal.

Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and clean. It is currently undergoing construction externally which made it a bit hard to find. It is centrally located to many tourist sites. The hotel accomodated our big family well in two nearby rooms. The breakfast was fabulous but very expensive. The view from the breakfast and dining area was spectacular.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Truthseeker01,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience in regards of your recent hotel stay.

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties in locating our hotel. However it is good to hear that you were satisfied with its convenient location to the city center.

The entire team hopes that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at our beautiful property.

North America
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of the old city and train station. The outdoor entrance is under renovation, so access is a little obscure via car. The staff are very attentive and professional. The rooms are new and have very modern furnishings. The ambience is quiet with a black and white theme throughout. Lovely views of the city from our room.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FLOPEZLENS, Directeur général at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear sawbones,

Thank you for having taken the time to comment on the Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal.

In order to facilitate the access to our hotel I would like to let you know that we have a valet service available 24h/7. In case the construction is still going on during your next visit you can just leave your car keys with our valet team and they will do the rest.

I am looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel