“Unexpected Pleasure”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was recommended to this family restaurant by a colleague who had worked in Luxembourg. It is Clausen (a restaurant area) on the edge of Luxembourg City. We were one of two tables in the restaurant on a cold wet November evening - pretty close to private dining. The food was wonderful. Central European menu. Wild Boar terrine starter with beetroot and onion mousse. Great prawn risotto and stunning pork cheeks with lentils followed by carpaccio of apple and great cheese plate. Chef has an excellent palate. I would have been very pleased to have had this meal in London. .Ticked all the boxes.
87 Euro inc a glass wine and lots of bottled water, I was driving.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

A nice relaxed ambience with very special food. This place is good. Both my wife and I had the Epicurian menu, the veal main course was exceptional and there was an excellent cheese plate. There was a good range of wines and we had a great evening.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I went here solo late on a Wednesday night and actually was the only person there (don't worry I made a reservation). I got the tasting menu and it was excellent. Obviously the service I got was excellent.

The food kept coming and I found myself looking forward to every dish, and was disappointed after the last dish came only because I knew that was the end of the road.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is in town.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We enjoyed the dinner at Bick Stuff very much. We were a party of four and we all ordered different things. We did the typical exchange of morsels so we all got to taste a lot more variety. The food was very tasty and the service was very attentive as well. Specially recommend the crab ravioli and the tarte fine as appetizers and the duck and langostines as main. Servings are generous so you will not go hungry.

Desserts are also good with petit gateau de chocolate being the best. Portions are also generous.

Very much worthwhile to get out of the town center and visit this place.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This restaurant was a pleasant surprise to end our stay in luxembourg on. It was only us and another table, on a Saturday night, which I found shocking, given the quality of the food.
The ambience is very old style, which I appreciated, and thought it gave it something special.
The waitress, and her adorable baby son, look after the tables, while her husband is the chef.
The waitress is extremely polite and offers really attentive, professional, and caring service.
The food was a very good surprise. The foie Gras starter was exceptional, extremely smooth and full of flavour, both my duck main and my partners beef main were perfectly cooked, seasoned and presented. The basil spice rub on the beef was a stand out.
The desserts proved equally as pleasing, with the chocolate pudding being perfectly cooked and runny inside, still warm from the kitchen.
They offer a good selection of wines, we had a bottle of red which was great. Overall it was a really great experience, the service was great, and the cooking equally. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Fcorb