Port View Hotel(Famagusta)(Great Value!)
US$74
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,503 results
All reviewssalamichinese restaurantnorthern cyprusshuttle busall inclusive hotellobby barevening entertainmentplenty of choicesea viewfamily holidayanimation teamthe main hotelworth a visitlarge hotelturkish bathall inclusive packagechoice of food
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is definitely great, I enjoyed there a lot. Food is great, the beach even better and the animation team is very amusing, they organise games and shows, and are great for chatting too. I have nothing to complain. You should check out this hotel, it's fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
salamisguestrelation, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Salamis Bay Conti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice recent review.

I am pleased that you have had an enjoyable stay and you were satisfied with our animation team.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Soroush Khadem
Guest Relation

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very nice hotel with very good atmosphere. I enjoyed the sea the most, it was clear, calm with clean sandy beach. Firstly, I thought the beach was small with not enough capacity but than I realized there are lots of places for sun-beds, also on the terrace and near the pool, where you could find cool shadow under the trees. Secondly, I was impressed by the staff who were very nice, caring and hardworking. Food was very tasty, various and restaurant with nice outdoor terrace with a view on the sea. I was satisfied also with room service, the rooms were cleaned every day. Thirdly, I enjoyed the animation program very much. Starting with daily activities such as water gymnastics and zumba with Tereza or pool game and water polo with Ozy. During the day the animators had short nice chat with the guests or they tried to entertain the people as much as possible (Ozy was the best). The evening program started with children disco and continued with some performances. I enjoyed this holiday very much!

Room Tip: Every room should have view on the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Eponka

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice recent review.

It extremely has made us happy that you have had an enjoyed your stay and you were satisfied with our animation team.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to welcome you back in a close future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just returned from a two week stay at the Salamis.It promotes itself as a five star resort hotel and casino,and whilst it is true to say some facilities are upto five star ie the pools and water park,other facilties are not so good.Food was plentiful and varied if a little repetitive,and the restaurant area was at times chaotic with hundreds guests endeavouring to get their meal choices all at the same time.However that said the waiting staff and kitchen staff were upto the task at hand and coped admirably with empties being cleared promptly and fresh food replacing depleted trays.Staff in all areas were friendly and helpful.What spoiled the holiday for us was the very poor evening entertainment which was at times embarrassing in its amateur and dated content .But what really let the resort down was housekeeping and the room standard.We stayed in duplex villa 2217 which was quite frankly a disgrace,with the shower in the upstairs accommodation not worthy of even a one star rating.Housekeeping was at best sporadic with some days no cleaning, some days no towels, some days wet towels.This is not a five star resort it probably is a three star at best.

Room Tip: .Dont stay in 2217.Ask to stay in the new accomodation
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mike503734
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Prior to going away I had read a lot of previous comments, some of which gave poor feedback and I was concerned. We returned last night from our 11 day stay at this lovely hotel and wonder if in fact we stayed somewhere different from these other people! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were impressed with the cleanliness of the place, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. However, if you want to stay with a lot of British holidaymakers this is not the hotel for you. (There were only a few other British couples there during our stay.) This suited us just fine as we enjoy being around other nationalities whilst on holiday. I understand the poor comments regarding the entertainment but I think that is because they cater for the majority of people who are not British (but it was still amusing to watch them!!!!!) The restaurant was spotless and the tables were constantly being cleared but sometimes you had only just put your knife and fork down. Thinking this through more I have come to the conclusion that there are a large amount of people to cater for at mealtimes and I didn't find this a problem - it just added to the cleanliness of the restaurant area. I would recommend this hotel for a fabulous holiday and I would also say to anybody reading the negative comments to go to this hotel and make your own minds up which is what my husband and I have just done and are so pleased that we did just that! A tip is to hire a car as this is a beautiful part of Northern Cyprus to explore.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Barbara and Fr... M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my second stay in this hotel. Mostly because I got this year last minute special price from agency so it was value for money. Last year definitely was not and we overpaid this hotel. This year I went to swim on beautiful beach and clean sea. I saw some improvements from the last year (better and more food so you don’t have to stand like in some canteen all the time, more sunbeds, hotel grounds are little bit cleaner,…). But be aware that this is still not Turkish 5* category hotel…now, with this improvements, it is maybe 4*. Last year it was for 3*. Personnel is friendly and doing everything they can to make you feel more comfortable. But I was on beginning of the season. I don’t know are they going to be that friendly at the end of the season when they are going to be dead tired because they work all the time. Hotel grounds and the beach are not big enough for hotel capacities but they should open amphitheatre soon and then maybe something will change. Anyway, I don’t drink from morning till evening like most of Salamis guest do, so I see some disadvantages they maybe don’t see. Rooms are in my opinion too small for 5* hotel (in old building – can’t say how they look like in new bulding - you can get room there if you are lucky) and bathroom is a horror movie. Full of fungi and rust. You can enjoy Salamis if you like crowdy and loud vacations with just eating and drinking all the time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Bubolina
salamisguestrelation, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Salamis Bay Conti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Indeed we were so happy to host you once again in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have seen improvement in the services. I gaurantee you that the hotel is continously improving. We wish you the very best and safe travels. Hope to see you soon in a near future.

Regards,