“Fanatastic !!!”
Review of High Life Hotel

High Life Hotel
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Kyrenia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I use trip advisor all the time before I book a holiday and must admit it strongly influences my choice yet I am not the best at writing reviews myself , however I felt I had to feedback on this holiday as it really was superb. If you are looking for somewhere to relax , recharge and enjoy the beautiful surroundings then you will struggle to beat the High Life. The Staff across the board are superb the cleaners , gardeners, Waiters are all really pleasant and have a smile on their face al the time. They work tirelessly to ensure everything is to your satisfaction and genuinely cant do enough for you. I travelled with my wife my teenage daughter and her friend and can confirm we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the high life. We stayed b&b which suited us and ate out a number of restaurants recommended by Hussein the manager all of which were superb and good value for money, the China House and Bella Moon our two favourites . The food in the hotel is also excellent if you don't fancy going out we had a couple of great evenings staying in. This is my second visit to North Cyprus (different hotel) and I enjoyed the first time , but this hotel really has got something special , go enjoy you will not be disappointed .....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank John W

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My hubby and I have just returned from here having spent an idyllic week enjoying Huseyin and staffs hospitality. The hotel is small with only 20 rooms a 15 min drive from Kyrenia harbour or Bellapais and benefits from a peaceful location and sea front position.

The rooms all have sea views and some with pool view also. Everywhere is maintained beautifully with the premises set in lush gardens.

Breakfast is good served to the table we also dined in the evening once which was also very nice.

The pool is kept pristinely clean as are all amenities.

The overall ambience is peaceful.

High life represents excellent value for money, clean, well maintained, and a wonderful way to relax and get away from it all. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank trixabelle1
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. Stayed here with my girlfriend for two weeks in July/August. Good location with clean rooms. Helpful and attentive staff. Good food and drink. Great pool and nice access to man made beach and sea. Most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I, with our three teenagers spent a week at High Life, Kyrenia during the third week of July and we had an amazing time. It was a quiet period but luckily we, as a family, enjoy each others company and didn't mind not having other families around. We could not have asked for better weather with temperatures in their mid 30's every day.
We spent many hours everyday by the swimming pool....and I have not seen a cleaner pool than the one at High Life. It was very relaxing with the option of cocktails and snacks by the poolside, but we chose to use the restaurant patio area by the sea. The view from there was breath taking. The nearby beaches were still littered with broken bottles and other rubbish but the area in front of High Life was clear of debris. You could also enter the sea water directly from the hotel jetty. We did this on the last two days of our holiday and that to me, was the highlight of the week - swimming in the sea before breakfast in lovely warm water. Sun loungers were available here too giving you the option of soaking up the sun beside the sea, instead of by the poolside.
Breakfast was very filling but I must admit that by the end of the week we wanted to try something other than the tasty omelettes, of which we unanimously voted the vegetable one as the best. Reading other reviews we were not sure of the quality of the evening food at the hotel itself but on the nights we had our supper there, we found the food very good and I do recommend you eat there at least one evening, if not more. Try the 'Penne Ariabetti'...it was superb! The 'Chicken Saute' was very tasty too. We also did not think the prices of the food & drinks were higher than other restaurants and bars in the surrounding area, contrary to some of the other reviews.
We were lucky enough to be there on July 20th when the 'Turkish Red Stars' air display took place to commemorate 40 years of Peace and Freedom. From the hotel we had excellent views of the display without the hustle bustle of the crowds in the harbour.
If you choose not to hire a car or take a taxi, the walk to the old harbour, via the roadside, is doable but it will take you 40 minutes to get there. In the heat, this could be challenging. There are a few stopping places en route where you can shop, eat or have a cooling drink but in hot weather, I suggest you only resort to walking as the last option. Other option is you can walk along the pebbly beach (wear shoes!!) towards the new harbour. This is a pleasant walk. Walking the other direction, away from the harbour, you can follow a rough path next to the hotel to a nearby cove where there is a sandy beach. Again, wear shoes as some broken glass can also be found here in the sand.
We did also decide to drive to nearby resorts called 'Escape' and 'Dennis Kirzi' to try out some of the water sports but found that you had to pay per person just to access their beaches. Additionally your own food or drink could not be consumed there so you would have to buy in their own restaurants. But, it was a change for the day even though we did not end up doing any sports. These resorts had sandy beaches which were clean and very busy, so ample opportunity to meet other people there. Warning - You do need to get there early in order to find a parking space.
There is a beach nearby where the turtles lay eggs and there are nightly trips laid on by students to see them hatch. I believe the hatching season is July, August and possibly September. We missed out as we did not secure a place at the beginning of our holidays. So keep in mind to book the day you arrive as there are limited places available.
Recommendations to places for sightseeing and other restaurants were readily given. Hiring a car via the hotel allowed us to visit the Bellepais Abbey as well as the Hillarion castle , both highly recommended.
Oh and the garden surrounding the hotel is beautiful with fresh fig trees. I was lucky enough to taste the figs fresh from the tree.
Huseyin has taken over the management of the hotel from his father Beha, about a year ago. He was available everyday for advise and general chitchat and I would like to say a personal thank you to him and his staff, Hussain and 'B', as well as the Chef (name not remembered - sorry) for making this a very memorable holiday. I do look forward to visiting again hearing of the potential modernisation plans that Huseyin has in mind.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are in the newer of the two buildings but you may prefer the rooms with a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 5ATeam
HighLifeCyprus, Owner at High Life Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for the kind review 5ATeam. We are very happy you had a good time with us.

For the benefit of others reading the review, would like to provide a clarification on the room tip info you shared: Currently there is no extra cost to have the upper floor gallery rooms. Our rate for two is the same for all rooms. If however there is a third person in the room, there is an extra charge.

Thank you for the cool pictures as well. We hope to see you back here some day.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the High Life last week and was 100% satisfied with every aspect, accommodation, the staff, restaurant etc. Two further excellent features are the provision of quality beach towels and tea-making facilities in the room.
Bus into Kyrenia 2Tl per person each way and taxi for up to four people fixed price 15Tl each way.
Price of wine and beer not excessive, but as you don't pay at bar on receipt of your drink, I advise you to keep a note of what you have spent so you don't have a shock when you come to pay at the end of your holiday. Mind you, I discovered I was being under-charged when I came to leave and had to correct the bill!
Whilst you are there, you must book a meal at the Bella Moon restaurant. You will be collected from your hotel and returned at the end of the evening at no cost whatsoever. The price of the meal is very competitive, the food is first-class and the restaurant has a lovely ambience. However, a word of warning, do not over eat on the mezzes as you will not have room for your main course!!
Would we go again? Most definitely.

Brian Anderson

Room Tip: Entire hotel is only two storeys high. All ground floor rooms have a terrace (with table and chairs...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Brian A
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Superb holiday here. Rooms,food,staff,cleanliness,attention - all beyond reproach.

Everything that you would want for a perfect holiday.

Beautiful pool and gardens. Extensive library.

Explore the sandy cove - left out of the hotel, left again, and down the steps at the peninsula.

Easy access to town (taxi on call for about £4.00).

Room Tip: Rooms 24,25,26 are ground floor,have a garden balcony and are nearest to pool, reception, bar and re...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank alan h
Reviewed 3 August 2014

One of the best holidays! Fabulous hotel, food, atmosphere and wonderful staff. Hotel and gardens lovely. We will definitely return. Thank you so much for making our first trip to N. Cyprus so memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms 24, 25 & 26 overlooked the garden. Close to pool. Very quiet. Lovely rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeanW200
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
Hotel Pia Bella
#1 of 7 in Lapta
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios

Been to High Life Hotel? Share your experiences!