“Hope we'll be back”
Review of Hotel Pia Bella

Hotel Pia Bella
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kyrenia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

First time in Northern Cyprus and found this hotel perfect.Friendly helpful staff, lovely pool and gardens and comfortable room, although we did move from a superior room to standard as the former had noisy extractor fan close by, but moving was no problem. We were on bed and breakfast and the breakfast was fine. We did eat in the restaurant one evening and thought it was very good value, and the lunches we had in the hotel were good.Definitely one to go back to, sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: Busy road at front and beware noisy extractor fan at rear of block 2
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rothesays
Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I have been coming to this hotel in Kyrenia for the last twelve years. It is not the cheapest hotel (nor the dearest!) It is not the most luxurious(nor is it a doss house!) but it is the friendliest, most comfortable and nicest hotel in Northern Cyprus. Wouldn't go to any other hotel it is so ideal for many reasons, including value, convenience and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tyke_10
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Arrived on 30/9 for a week main reason for visiting Kyrenia was for wedding (not at hotel) about 30 of us stayed at the hotel, don’t like essays so I will try to make it simple….

THE Bads

Hot food was warm at best (what’s the big problem that they just can’t give you anything hot) salads fine though – only ate twice even though we were HB. as we had been invited out most nights.

Don’t bother with any fancy drinks, especially coffee as they are clueless, anything that has coffee in it i.e. Irish, iced, standard all totally bland - glad I brought my own from UK, everything in relation to coffee is Nescafe, think uk stopped drinking this in the massives from about the 70's !

Unless you are go a gorgeous blonde by the pool side, don’t bother asking for ashtray, after 4 time of asking had to leave my lounger and get one myself from the bar !!

DONT use your card to cash up at casino, I made 2 transactions of 300L and they were auth, 3 hrs later I went to cash up 1000L and was told my payments declined !!! what ? after losing my rag with the manager I was escorted out by security, my partner followed me out few mins later with the 1000L, why would they pay out if my payments declined ? anyway checked with my bank and guess what ? both payments of 300L processed faultlessly !!! so be good to see what reply to this is made by the management of Pia Bella and will they give me any compensation i.e. discount on future stay ? (room 3407)

THE Goods

Room was very clean and comfortable (make sure you get a room with a balcony) 3407 faced the mountains was lovely room…

Airport pick up & Reception check in all totally faultless, as we arrived after dinner they quickly processed the formalities and took us to the restaurant and gave us food – nice touch…

Pool and surroundings very clean, lovely kept gardens…

CONCLUSIOIN – Yes will probably go back but not in a hurry, need to resolve their staffing issues and revamp how hot food is served but beware of the casino and ensure if you booked a superior room that you do get a balcony as one of our friends did not, although apologetic as hotel was fully booked management were unable to resolve the issue as hotel was fully booked…

Room Tip: 15 Min walk to town, also if d you like Indian food you must try Bollywood (need taxi) and Chinese...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff at the hotel are very committed to doing what they can for you. However, after having paid for an upgrade to a suite it turned out that this suite was facing a building site where they are constructing a petrol station! and so got woke up early from the noise and we couldn't sit on the balcony - too noisy. I asked to be moved which they would do to a lesser quality room situated in a quieter place. But we had specifically paid to have a large room with balcony, and there would have been no refund! We stayed b&b and the breakfast was very good and you could sit outside in their lovely garden. The gardens and pool areas were great. There was a problem with the internet in the room but as soon as we walked to the reception area we got a good connection.

Room Tip: just check that the building work has finished before booking
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivienedixon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have just returned from 11 nights at the Pia Bella which we thoroughly enjoyed... it was very hot and we spent quite a few hours each day in the shade of their lovely garden. The staff there are wonderful, attentive and efficient, and they are very happy to chat! We saw lots of guests who obviously had been before, being welcomed like old friends. We were bed and breakfast but did eat our evening meal at the hotel on several occasions and we found it very good value. Our room was excellent, it was well cleaned and had very large comfortable twin beds and the air conditioning was very welcome. We only had problems picking up wi-fi on one morning. (I think some of your reviewers forget that this is not a four star hotel in central London). It would have been great if the hotel was a bit nearer the harbour, but that is a minor point. All in all, very pleased and would certainly return in the future.

Room Tip: A room on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing away from the main road would be best. We went for a superior...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3Maggie3
Reviewed 20 October 2013

From the reports on Tripadvisor I was expecting much better than I got. I was initially put into a standard room despite my reservation being for a superior one. I was moved to a superior room following a complaint at reception: I wasn't the only one asking to move. I stayed half board and wished I had only committed myself to B&B. There was a good selection of food at both breakfast and dinner but the 'hot' food was only ever tepid at best. I've stayed in a lodge in the Kenyan bush that managed to serve food hotter than the restaurant at Pia Bella. The food in the snack bar was good value and hot!. The restaurant staff were brilliant - very friendly and helpful. Couldn't escape the 'entertainment' - loud and went on forever. I expected better from a four star hotel. This didn't hold a candle to the hotel where I stayed in Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank JanetN189
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I completely agree with the previous review the usual moaning Brit I even heard one guest state he wanted normal sausage not the ones served at breakfast STAY AT HOME if you can't cope with the food served in foreign countries. Apart from that I would just like to say thank you to all the staff at Pia Bella we stayed for 1week with our grandson and had a fabulous time best holiday ever. We arrived early on Saturday morning after a night flight we were given breakfast and our room was ready by 11am thanks to the brilliant reception staff for allowing us to have the room earlier than expected. The room was clean and comfortable on the third floor in the reception block overlooking the pool area. The waiters were great with my grandson who quite happily sat chatting whilst I was getting ready in the evening. We did not eat in the hotel on the evening because there were many restaurants nearby, but we did sample the lunchtime menu which was excellent value for money. I too hired a car and yes it was an older model but it got us to where we wanted to go without any problems. Once again thanks Pia Bella we hope to return next year.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank E A
MehmetEminsoy, Manager at Hotel Pia Bella, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear E A, We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our staff. We thank you for choosing us and look forward to seeing you again. Many thanks.
Kind Regards
Hotel Pia Bella.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
1 mi away
#19 of 31 in Kyrenia
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios

Been to Hotel Pia Bella? Share your experiences!