“Basic but nice for a short stay”

Petrou Bros Hotel Apartments
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Larnaka City
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Well placed in the city center, 5 min walk from the beach. Small parking but we always found a spot and this is very important if you come with a car.
Nice service at the front desk, with useful explanations about the city. The rooms are large and clean, a bit basic but enough for us for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
2  Thank Pascal B

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I chose this hotel on tripadvisor reading other impressions and I was not wrong. The location is well placed: close to the beach, the promenade, central and convenient for the airport. You can have apartments with a room or two very decent, with equipped kitchen, and A/C without limits. It makes daily room cleaning, changing towels. I never had problems with hot water, Wi-Fi signal or other utilities. At the reception desk, you will find very helpful staff led by manager Greeg, which will help with reservations, advices etc.. What's more important: quality-price ratio is excellent. Finally I ordered a taxi to the airport at a price of 15 euros / 4 persons.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Greeg D
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was the second time that we have stayed at this hotel, for the price you pay, it is excellent value for money.
The staff seem to go out of their way to help you, The manger and Danny on the desk was very helpful when it came to printing out boarding cards etc, The manager and all of the staff that we met were all very polite and friendly and seemed to go that extra mile to make your stay memorable for all the right reasons.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonmarsh
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've been staying at Petrou Bros - or recommending it to friends and family - since 1998. Perfectly located just a short stroll away from the seafront promenade (Finikoudes) and all the shops, cafes and restaurants. Also relatively easy to slip out of town behind the wheel (just ask Reception the best route out of town). The private car park is also a welcome facility. The staff are warm, friendly and incredibly helpful. Matina on Reception is an absolute angel, always happy to help in any way she can, and Greg, the Manager, is a most reassuring gent. And Danny, also on Reception, always greets you with a smile and a cheerful word. You can tell that they take pride in what they do. The apartments are well-maintained and cleaned every day by smiley, trustworthy ladies. What's more, the apartments are currently being renovated, floor by floor.

I usually visit once, twice, on occasion, three times a year - sometimes at a day's notice - and they always bend over backwards to accommodate me.

I've stayed in 5-Star hotels across the planet but none feels like home the way Petrou Bros does.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a better, wider view of the street below, and the balconies get the sun...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RayMantra
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great location, rooms were cleaned every day. Staff were FANTASTIC and really enhanced my stay. Metina behind the desk was SUPER helpful and friendly, she helped me with directions getting around town, and ensured all my needs were taken care of at the hotel to allow for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Greg was great too and had good tips for places to see in Cyprus! The hotel is centrally located, a very close walk to the beach and public transport, as well as all kinds of shops.

Room Tip: Try get a room closer to the centre of the hotel as there as you will have a stronger wifi connectio...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Luvthew0rld
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Been there twice to celebrate the big Larnaca festival.
It is an average hotel apartment - but pleasant enough for the value of it. It is very close to Finikoudes, that the big festival is been organised. There is no breakfast option, but you can prepare your own in the small kitchen that it has. Fridge does not work very good and bathroom needs urgent renovation.
On arrival i asked where i can park my car - since the parking space that the hotel offers is tiny and always full- she was very very rude and replied that i could leave the car in the street.
Still, they offer a three bedroom apartment that we always share with some friends and our children, is it very spacious and we have a good time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I came here last year on my own. My brother died in Cyprus & I came for his funeral. What can I say. The staff helped me find where my brothers body was & rang the taxi to take me there.
I came to this hotel in an emotional state & the staff were very caring & did all they could for me. My apartment was clean & a good size. Just want to say a big thanks to all the lovely staff. Next time I come to cyprus I will definitely stay there again. Hopefully on a happier note

• Stayed: August 2013