“Excellent hotel”

Amorgos Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Larnaka City
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Just about to check out after 4 nights at this hotel. I can't find any fault with it. The service is friendly. The rooms are clean and well sized. The bed was perfectly comfortable. The breakfast was good. The hotel is modern and clean. It is well situated, near the sea front and shopping areas.

One piece of information which may be useful for people with poor sense of direction like me (especially if you arrive in the evening, hungry, with a bellyful of British Airways 15yo Glenlivet). Until you get your bearings, all you need to know is turn right outside the hotel, at the bottom of the road, turn left and walk down the alleyway next to KFC. You will come out on to the sea front where there are a myriad of bars and restaurants.

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend and will be recommending it to anyone I know who wants to visit Larnaca.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bigstan1888

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Chose this hotel for a one night stopover and it was ideal. It is located one street back from the beach and, for the price, the rooms are well appointed. It is easy to get to if you catch the bus from the airport - just get off at Finikoudes and it is only a short walk away (behind McDonalds). Others have mentioned the street is untidy but I found it to be fine. We arrived late to a twin room and we were able to change straight away to a double room, but unfortunately only a smoking room was available. It seems that smoking rooms are cleaned thoroughly which may be the smell some people have commented on. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was perfectly functional and the breakfast was very, very nice. Reception and breakfast staff were all very friendly. The only points I disliked was that our balcony didn't have any furniture and I would be concerned about the nightclub across the street if it was high season, but being November I had an excellent sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very good Hotel, great for a holiday or business trip. Very close to the beach and centre of Larnaca. Best boutique hotel - modern and comfortable. Highly recommended. Friendly and efficient staff. Breakfast very, very good.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days in August whilst on business travel in Larnaca.

I arrived early at 5am and was delighted my room was ready. Friendly staff at the check-in desk registered me quickly and efficiently.

Room was clean and tidy, you need to insert a key in the wall for power so it is a bit warm at first but cooled down fairly quickly.

Well stocked mini with a complimentary water bottle and small bottle of red wine.

Bathroom modern but small so consider this if you are gonna share with friend as you will need to dry off in the main room. The shower is all glass and forms the wall between the bedroom and bathroom. It does have a clouded stripe to hide your modesty but still doesn't leave much to the imagination!

The balcony door is linked to the aircon, so if you open the door the air on switches off. My room had a dodgy switch so switched off a couple of times, but a quick open and close of the door reset it.

The corridors and lift do not have air con.

There is no outside areas to sit out and no pool but the beach is less than two minutes away.

The breakfast buffet is very good with a large selection of hot and cold food. No other meals available, but lots of restaurants within a minutes walk, so no problems.

Wifi is good but quite expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Speedbird_238_Heavy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

It’s been a week since I returned from Larnaka, since my dream vacation ended.
I spent 10 beautiful days ( August 13th-23th, 2013 ) in Amorgos Boutique Hotel. I am so glad to have chosen this very hotel. I had been expecting something very nice and stylish since I had visited the official site but it was really great to see everything in the real. I enjoyed the marvellous style of the hotel, it is decorated with sophisticated taste and I felt very cosy everywhere in there ( in my room, in the hall, having breakfast, even in the lift – so fresh and polite )). The hotel is located in a minute walk both from the beach and the centre; the place is very quiet, comfortable, and safe, to my mind, the best possible.
I loved my room, equipped with everything I needed, and I had all the facilities promised. The service was great, the room being cleaned immaculately every day.
And the breakfasts were enormous!!! I was amazed with really great variety of delicious food.
I enjoyed the atmosphere and the service, and what I also really loved was the Amorgos TEAM. It was fantastic to find the Amorgos professionals doing their job at the highest possible level and what is more, enjoying it. The people working at this hotel are extremely qualified, hard-working, greatly hospitable and exceptionally friendly. One can enjoy the conversation in many foreign languages with the staff)) I loved their team spirit, and how caring and helpful they were. What I also appreciated it’s their sincerity.
If I ever go to Larnaka again I will definitely choose Amorgos Boutique Hotel again. I strongly believe that it’s hard to find another place like that, so, it’s so great to know that such a wonderful hotel exists ! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Anastasia K
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have stayed at the Amorgos Boutique Hotel three times, booked in by my HQ and each time I have been really pleased and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is in a tatty little street just behind the beach front cafes and restaurants but don't let the street put you off as one inside it is a little quiet haven, clean, stylish, excellent breakfast and wonderful coffee. Rooms are stylish,clean and fresh I had complimentary fruit, water and wine! Nice balcony with views of the sea through the gaps in buildings. Reception staff have always been very pleased to help and speak very good English. Try it , I think you will be very pleased. I think better for adults of any age.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GAYNOR W
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Bravo, Amorgos ! I’ve been staying in your hotel a few times. The breakfast is excellent, the rooms are always clean and confortable, the lobby are has a very good design and style and,if you wanna go on the beach, it takes you only 2 minutes walking…The staff is always friendly and professional :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business