“Nice hotel, good location.”

Livadhiotis City Hotel
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Larnaka City
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The hotel is nice, but not the best hotel in Larnaca. Breakfast definitely needs improvement. Rooms are OK. Staff's help is spotty. Decent choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hexagone6x6

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Lovely downstairs area, room average. The location is good. Breakfast is poor, little choice and no fresh fruit or juices. Also the hotel bar tends to close about 10.30pm.

It's ok but I think you can find better hotels for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Holly B
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is my favourie hotel in Larnaca. Very good location, next to the St. Lazarus Church and
only a few minutes from the Beach and Restaurants. I have stayed at LIVADHIOTIS City Hotel three times. Modern hotel with everything you need.Very good breakfast with large selection. Nice sidewalk bar/ restaurant. Very popular by locals and tourists alike. Free WI-FI in the Reception/ bar area. Some rooms with balcony, all fully airconditioned. You are in the middle of the old town, with small streets and shopping, only two minutes walk to the Palm lined beach and
the Fortress. From the minute you check in you feel velcome. Reception is very helpful. You will be very confortable in this hotel.
Egil from Oslo, Norway

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony is nice, if you like an evening drink before you go to bed!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Had a pleasant stay here. Rooms were small, and our shower was even smaller! Stayed for 3 nights and no clean towels! Good location,plenty of restaurants and shops close by. Beach area is only a 5 minute walk away, with the hire of 2 sunbeds and parasol only €5.
Breakfast was ok, good choice of food.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank rosie-jim-london
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I chose the hotel because of its location. It is listed as a category 3 and I had reservations about this. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the excellent service t I received. I stayed there for two weeks. I enjoyed the very good breakfast the hotel provided as well as all the other meals I ordered from the bar. The staff was very polite and helpful. My room was very clean. If I had to make a recommendation would be for fuller mattresses and pillows. All electrical equipment worked in my room. I intend to stay there again when I visit Cyprus in May 2013.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Livadhiotis City Hotel in April for 3 nights. We were looking forward to our stay here after having chosen this hotel by the good reviews on Tripadvsor.

On arrival our first thought was we had picked well. The reception area is very modern and clean and the cafe very nice. It is also very well located, close to the main strip where there are many resturaunts, cafes etc.

Unfortunately it went down hill from there. We had booked a suite. The decor of the room was very 80's, decorated in oranges and browns. The bed was as hard as a rock and the pillows were worse. The TV reception was poor and our room was situated above a busy street where cars would going screaming around the corner with their music turned up as loud as they could till the wee hours of the night.

Our shower was nothing short of a joke. When you turned it on the shower head would spurt water just about everywhere but in the bath it was over. It would spray up the wall, on the floor, to the left and right, you virtually had to run around the bath to get wet. Everytime you sat on the toilet you just about slipped off onto the floor as the toilet seat was broken. We did mention this to the housemaid but it never got fixed.

When we first arrived we were keen to have a shower as we had had a long day travelling. The towels left in our room to use were terrible. They were full of holes and as thin as paper with threads hanging off them everywhere. It takes a lot for us to complain but there was no way we were going to use these towels so I took them down to the man at the reception desk and ask for them to be replaced with better ones. As he took the towels from me he threw them on the ground very unhappy.

After having stayed 2 nights we mentioned that our shampoo, conditioner and soap were just about finished and it appeared when our room had been cleaned the housemaid had overlooked replenishing these essentials. We were told that we only get the shampoo, soap etc when we first arrive and if we need anymore during our stay its upto us to supply our own. We have never stayed in a hotel where we have had to do this. The tea and coffee in the room is also not replenished during your stay. If you want more you either have to buy it yourself or slip some into your pocket at breakfast time so you can take it up to the room. On a positive note breakfast was good.

The hotel did have 3 PC's for the guests use. You have to pay to use them and we found we had problems with them not working properly several times after we had already inserted our coins.

To say we were dissappointed with this hotel would be a understatement. I believe I have been very generous rating the hotel a three but it did have some redeeming features such as location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jnkSydney
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights from 26 th may. Had a single room I requested a quiet room for my colleague and it was provided the hotel is very clean and modern a very adequate breakfast provided. Most enjoyable stay

• Stayed: May 2012