This hotel has some very distinctive pros and cons.
Let's start with the good, and there's lots of it:
- The location: couldn't be better. A few minutes away from the promenade by foot, and yet feel like actual Larnaca and not part of the touristy waterfront strip.
- The room was clean.
- Hot water, good toilets - check and check.
- Friendly staff made us feel welcome, replied multiple questions, summoned a taxi for us, and even let us borrow a network cable.
- Free cable internet at the room works like a charm.
- Staff let us take the room upon arrival, around 9 AM. "We knew that you were coming, so the room was ready.". It's the first time any hotel I've been to provided me with a key so long before the official check in time. Kudos!
- Good breakfast. Nothing fancy or unique, but good enough to get you on your way with a full stomach.
- Free parking also very useful.
Moving on to the bad part, which is short but considerable:
- Noise from the street. We were on the second floor, north facing if I'm not mistaken, and there was a considerable street noise.
- The beds were not the most comfortable, and the pillows were just plain uncomfortable with no alternative pillows to choose from.
For us, this did not lead to sleepless nights, otherwise this would've been a 3-star or even 2-star review. After all, the first and foremost purpose of a hotel room is to let you get a good night's sleep, the rest is luxury. Luckily, running around Cyprus probably exhausted us to the point where the noise and the pillows did not prevent us from plunging head-first into dreamland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Livadhiotis City Hotel is situated just 100 meters from the famous Larnaca Seafront (Phinikoudes Beach). Located in the heart of Larnaca town centre, it is surrounded by lots of great cafés, pubs and restaurants. It is only 10 minutes away from the Larnaca International Airport and just a stone’s throw away from the town's main shopping and commercial centre. The surrounding area is steeped in history with the historical Saint Lazarus Church been directly opposite the hotel, while the Pierides Museum, the Larnaca Marina, the Medieval Castle, and the Larnaca Archaeological museum are within short walking distance from our location. No wonder the hotel is the top choice for both the holiday maker as well as the discerning business traveler. We are all you need for a comfortable, friendly and reasonably priced stay in Larnaca. Feel at home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Livadhiotis City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Livadhiotis Hotel Larnaca