“Exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
London, United Kingdom
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday (5* hotel) away from the crowds, the Anassa is without a doubt the only place to stay in Cyprus, seculded beautiful very well kept large grounds with fabulous views and pristine sea. I read all the reviews and researched other hotels so did not need to stay there but it is truly the only choice away from crowds with a high standard despite the high costs. HOWEVER...it really is worth what you pay and we would happily come back. We could not fault it - beautiful large bedrooms & bathrooms (they kindly delivered on my request for a high floor with views - amazing), entire property including gardens and pool very high standard and well kept, efficient and friendly service (best breakfast service... never more than a couple minutes before empty plates cleared, toast appeared, coffees appeared, glass filled with best fresh orange juice (thank you Marina!), pool bar - best sandwiches and worth every euro, great pool / beach service, housemaid, everything and everyone working at the hotel! Only negative which you can read in most of reviews is the exhorbitant price of dinner. We hired a car and ate out every night, besides visiting the island. A pity as we would have enjoyed eating a couple times but had no intention of spending €200+ per night every night which is what it would have cost. Thanks to the fabulous staff at the Anassa, we will be back!

Room Tip: Hotel is well spread out so research carefully and ask what you prefer, the hotel were very accommod...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Nevines
Stephanie C, Front Office Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Nevines,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether first time, returning or guests visiting who may not necessarily be staying in the hotel.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us

Best wishes
Stephanie Christodoulides
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just returned from a two week stay in this beautiful resort. We normally travel longhaul so this was our first European holiday in a while and we were not disappointed. The architecture of the building is stunning-it reminded me of a monastry but a very elegant one! A huge amount of thought seems to have gone into every aspect of the grounds from the waterfall pools to the stunning rooftop terrace-sadly underused during our stay. There is a good choice of food and the restaurants open on different nights but you are given a schedule so you can plan your week. The food was pretty much always of a high quality the only disappointment being a sandwich I ate at the poolside bar but this is nitpicking! The Greek Meze style of eating along with various themed buffets allowed my 12 year old daughter to try different foods without pressure and she was then able to order what she liked at the more expensive restaurants another night.f you fancy eating away from the hotel, there is a good selection of reasonably priced restaurants in nearby Latchi .

There is a good variety of watersports which you can do from the beach and this can all be charged to your room. One major negative we had though was on trying to organize two trips with the hotel, we were told that both required a minimum and maximum of 6 people so as a group of 3 this was tricky! They said we could pay for the missing 3 people but of course this would have made the trip ridiculously expensive.

This moves us on to cost. This is not a cheap hotel and you must be aware of this before you travel and factor it into your holiday budget. We had the half board option so much of the food was included however the drinks are very expensive so this really adds up over the course of a fortnight. A suggestion to the hotel would be to include soft drinks such as water, cola, lemonade etc in the half board price even if that meant paying a little extra up front. It would just seem to sweeten the pill a little.

To end on a positive the staff provide an excellent service on the whole in particular Marina, Alexandre and Sandra in the restaurants , Athena by the pool and our turn down maid.

1 Thank Tootyflutey67
Dear Mrs. Tootyflutey67,

Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to offer your valuable feedback which assists us greatly in enhancing our services and improving our guests experiences at Anassa.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Stephanie Christodoulides
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Anassa is open to non - residents. We had a heavenly day on earth! We started the day at the beach enjoying fresh lemonade served with tonic. Crystal clear waters for competent swimmers. Then we had lunch at Pelagos, the restaurant by the pool. Must try the octopus stifado (stew) & fish on the grill from the daily catch. And don't forget to try the desserts! Then back to the beach for recovering from lunch. We finished the day enjoying coktails & wine at the main bar up on the terrace accompanied with a cheese platter. We went there at lunch time & left after midnight. The service offered by staff exceeds any expectations. Excellent service highly personalised and above all genuine. Taking initiative. Making recommendations. Offering complimentary service. The young musician was also very good. We had a truly superb day. One that we will not forget!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andri P
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Andri P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your day with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether first time, returning or guests visiting who may not necessarily be staying in the hotel.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and maybe even staying overnight, if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed for one night at the beginning of July my sister had been there for a week. I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the landscape and the resort was. The staff were all very friendly and so accommodating and knew all the guests by name. The suite I had was spacious and all very pristine. I had a lovely short stay and would certainly go back highly recommended.

Room Tip: The room at the back facing the sea was delightful, all amenities were available and the terraces we...
1 Thank Sophia P
Dear Sophia464,

It was very nice to read your recent review regarding your stay with your sister at the Anassa and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful, beautiful place! I stayed here with my family in July 2014 and it was one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had! The hotel complex is beautiful with elegant decor and breathtaking views! The food is definitely worth the price and the service is just excellent! It was only a short break, but we had a lovely time and can't wait to come back! It deserves its title as the best hotel in Cyprus.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Emily L
Dear Emily L,

Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Firstly, I booked through Soverign at their sister hotel in Almyra in Paphos, that was dreadful (but that's a another review). Paid for an upgrade to the Anassa, they misinformed me how much it was, they said £147. But negated to state that it was an additional £147 per night. Had to pay £70 for a transfer from the Almyra to the Anassa, where upon at arrival, they knew nothing of my booking. Then I told to wait for 4 hours until they got it sorted. Finally, get to my room, fabulous room, great hotel, superb location. BUT, due to their incompetence, I ended up paying an additional £1029 on top of the cost of the original booking at the Almyra. The hotel management, did not take any responsibility for the mis information and debited £500 off my card on the first day. I had to complain to Sovereign in the UK, this took 2 days, which totally ruined my week. All in all.. It's a super stylish hotel, with exceptional service, but they will not take any responsibility for their mistake, which cost me an additional £1500 on top on the original price of the holiday.
The hotel management did not try and help me, even though, all the hotels are owned by the same family and the failure of the Almyra to provide what was booked is their responsibility, not mine!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Sarah T
Dear Sarah T,

Thank you very much for submitting your comments regarding your stay with us last September and I was sorry to read that you had experienced some difficulties regarding the room reservations and room rates. I would like to offer our sincere apologies for this as it is always our intention to offer immediate assistance to our guests' complete satisfaction in these unusual circumstances.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities and I will be sure to pass these comments onto the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the best experience possible at Anassa and I am aware that the entire team worked very hard to make sure that your stay was as comfortable as possible given that you had experienced some initial difficulties at the beginning of your trip.

We as the management were also keen to resolve the issues quickly in order for you to relax and enjoy your time at the Anassa and I trust that this had been achieved by the end of your stay.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Anassa in the future and in the meantime, please do let me know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Suffolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I absolutely love the Anassa. The service is fantastic, the staff are welcoming and friendly.

First the beach. The beach is spacious with a water sports centre which is fantastic. There is a bar at the beach which means you can have cold water, with ice and lemon whenever you need, perfect for the 35 degree temperature. The sea is warm, crystal clear and delightful to swim in.

Second the pool. The pool is very clean, but because there are so many people it is VERY strongly chlorinated, meaning it can get quite painful on the eyes. There is a pool bar where the service is quick and reliable, and you sit on bar-stools in the pool, and have a drink. They also offer food at the bar, some light salads and delicious snacks. The pool has two mini 'waterfalls', which look quite pretty, but can be quite loud at times. Also the pool can be VERY busy at which time it is unpleasant.

The rooms are very clean, spacious and luxurious and are cleaned twice daily, once in the morning and once when you are having supper, and they get the beds ready to be slept on - the room service is brilliant, the staff come in under ten minutes, I must admit I have had one experience where they forgot to turn up, but I called and they came very quickly. This has only happened once though; I call them often and they come up very quickly.

The restaurants are fantastic, the staff are all friendly and kind. The service is very quick, in the 3/4 restaurants I have been to there. In the casual restaurant there is a different themed buffet every night and the food is always fantastic - delicious and there is a lot of choice. In the fine dining restaurant the service is excellent, and the menu has a lot of choice, the chefs suggestion at the fine dining restaurant is always perfect and a after each course they give you a different flavour sorbet every time as a palate cleanser. In the pool side restaurant (not the one I talked about earlier) it is pretty much the same - friendly and welcoming staff, great service and excellent choice. The bars have a lot of fantastic drinks.

All the staff at the reception desk are very happy to help, and will give you any assistance you require in any way. When you arrive, after a long day flying, they give you a delicious refreshingly cool drink that really soothes you after a long tiring day. You can get free wi-fi from the Anassa by entering a password.

Only thing I would say; there is no toilet very near the beach; you have to go down into the kids club for the nearest.

Also the Anassa is not for you if money is in mind; but for the service it's worth it! It is incredibly expensive, but I think it is definitely worth it.

Keep it up Anassa! I will see you next year!

Sleep Quality
Jacqueline D, Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 382_charliem,

It was very pleased to read your recent post to trip advisor and I personally would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We welcome all kinds of feedback as we are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

Executive Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latchi
Almyra Hotel
The Annabelle
#17 of 90 in Paphos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,366 reviews
Alexander The Great Beach Hotel

Been to Anassa Hotel? Share your experiences!