My wife, our 18-month old son and I stayed at Anassa for a week in late July and had a wonderful time. It is a luxurious hotel with excellent service, but we'd recommend heading out to eat and drink. Prices in the hotel are, as others on TA, as well as tour guides and drivers we spoke to during our stay have reported, extortionate. More of that later, but now, from the top...
Around 45 minutes from Paphos Airport by car, we immediately had very favourable impressions of Anassa. Greeted by friendly staff and checked in efficiently, we were taken to our room, a Garden Studio with Pool, which was clean, spacious and well-specified, although we had to play 'hunt the power socket' (behind the bed and behind the sofa).
- consistently friendly staff
- excellent service throughout the hotel (reception, guest services, hotel shop, spa, pool, restaurant, doormen)
- fresh fruit on most days of our stay
- great facilities for babies/toddlers/children - while we didn't make use of the kids club, other guests we spoke to recommended it highly.
- lovely spa facilities, which both my wife and I enjoyed
- fantastic pools, all of which were enjoyed by our little boy in particular
- clean and well-maintained grounds
A few negatives:
- having mentioned the fresh fruit, one piece did go rotten, attracting a stream on ants into the room, but I dealt with them...
- the General Manager was dismissive of local restaurants, noting (when we mentioned that we were heading to Polis one night, and on another when we dined in) that she didn't know where any of them really were and that they all served the same food anyway. She only spoke highly of restaurants in Anassa and its sister hotels. While I understand the desire to promote one's own hotel and ensure that guests' money is spent there, I felt that this was tactlessly done. This did not detract from our overall enjoyment of Anassa, but to encounter such an attitude from the GM was a surprise. Suffice to say that other members of staff were more forthcoming with recommendations for restaurants!
- food and drink in the hotel is (very) expensive! As others have mentioned, €5 for a small coke (not even a 330ml can) and up to €18 for a gin and tonic is ludicrous. I also noted a particular local wine that was on the wine list for €60, which I later found at the winery itself for €7.50. To use the words of one tour guide, "Anassa don't do mark ups, they do make ups."
Despite the high prices (since we mainly ate out), we were very pleased with our stay at Anassa, and hope to see the excellent staff again. Until next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anassa - meaning 'queen' in ancient Greek - is a luxury 5 star hotel resort on the Mediterranean shores of Cyprus. Anassa is the jewel in Cyprus's crown: a majestic resort that exudes the charm of a traditional Cypriot village. Tumbling down a secluded hillside towards the infinite blue of the eastern Mediterranean, the resort's classical low-rise buildings and Mediterranean gardens are arranged around an idyllic village square complete with Byzantine chapel. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, facilities are inspired by the surrounding landscape: from the extensive Thalassotherapy programme in the luxury Roman-style Thalassa Spa to local, seasonal produce served in five 'farm-fresh' restaurants. World renowned as one of the world's most beautiful and exclusive 5 star luxury spa hotels, its Mediterranean location, golden beach, and family friendly luxury surroundings make Anassa one of the hottest luxury destinations in the world. From our friendly kids club and beach activities, to our five star silver service restaurants. From luxury brand boutique shopping to relaxing in the beautiful hotel gardens, drenched in wonderful Cyprus sun. Whilst looking at beautiful scenery or sharing a fantastic Mediterranean sunset, Anassa, the ultimate Mediterranean retreat, will ensure your stay with us will be engraved on your memories forever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anassa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anassa Hotel Polis
- Anassa Resort Polis
- Anassa Hotel Cyprus