“Great service and (mostly) wonderful staff - but not cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anassa Hotel

Anassa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great service and (mostly) wonderful staff - but not cheap!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife, our 18-month old son and I stayed at Anassa for a week in late July and had a wonderful time. It is a luxurious hotel with excellent service, but we'd recommend heading out to eat and drink. Prices in the hotel are, as others on TA, as well as tour guides and drivers we spoke to during our stay have reported, extortionate. More of that later, but now, from the top...

Around 45 minutes from Paphos Airport by car, we immediately had very favourable impressions of Anassa. Greeted by friendly staff and checked in efficiently, we were taken to our room, a Garden Studio with Pool, which was clean, spacious and well-specified, although we had to play 'hunt the power socket' (behind the bed and behind the sofa).

Other positives:

- consistently friendly staff

- excellent service throughout the hotel (reception, guest services, hotel shop, spa, pool, restaurant, doormen)

- fresh fruit on most days of our stay

- great facilities for babies/toddlers/children - while we didn't make use of the kids club, other guests we spoke to recommended it highly.

- lovely spa facilities, which both my wife and I enjoyed

- fantastic pools, all of which were enjoyed by our little boy in particular

- clean and well-maintained grounds

A few negatives:

- having mentioned the fresh fruit, one piece did go rotten, attracting a stream on ants into the room, but I dealt with them...

- the General Manager was dismissive of local restaurants, noting (when we mentioned that we were heading to Polis one night, and on another when we dined in) that she didn't know where any of them really were and that they all served the same food anyway. She only spoke highly of restaurants in Anassa and its sister hotels. While I understand the desire to promote one's own hotel and ensure that guests' money is spent there, I felt that this was tactlessly done. This did not detract from our overall enjoyment of Anassa, but to encounter such an attitude from the GM was a surprise. Suffice to say that other members of staff were more forthcoming with recommendations for restaurants!

- food and drink in the hotel is (very) expensive! As others have mentioned, €5 for a small coke (not even a 330ml can) and up to €18 for a gin and tonic is ludicrous. I also noted a particular local wine that was on the wine list for €60, which I later found at the winery itself for €7.50. To use the words of one tour guide, "Anassa don't do mark ups, they do make ups."

Despite the high prices (since we mainly ate out), we were very pleased with our stay at Anassa, and hope to see the excellent staff again. Until next time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank guannyeu
Stephanie C, Front Office Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Mr. Guannyeu,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to submit your very kind comments regarding your recent visit to Anassa.

I was delighted to read that you generally enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

I would like to apologise however for any shortcomings on our part and can assure you that we have taken immediate steps to ensure that similar situation do not arise again and have already addressed the issues raised with the relevant Department heads and and Management concerned.

I do hope this does not affect your overall impression of the hotel and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the very near future.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and should we be able to assist in any other way in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Overall a nice hotel but it is nothing special. The rooms was clean and well maintained but a bit dated for 1000 euro a night. The pool area is too small for all the rooms. The water is clear but it is not a sand beach and waves so not very good for small kids. The food and service was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Claes71,

Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to offer your valuable feedback which assists us greatly in enhancing our services and improving our guests experiences at Anassa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
Penrith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We first discovered this luxury hotel 11 years ago for our first holiday together and then returned 2 years later. This time we were a family of 4 returning in hope it was still as good as we remembered. We were not disappointed. Upon arrival the manager came to greet us and inform us our rooms had been upgraded which was unexpected but very pleasing. The hotel itself remains stunning, every single member of staff is fantastic, it was a joy to be greeted by a large number of staff that we met during our first stay. Dora, Andreas and Talik made our stay extra special. The different restaurants and themed evenings offer a huge variety of excellent food that meant we did not want to leave the hotel once we were there. Can't wait for our next stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. AlexisP273

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. We are constantly striving to ensure our guests enjoy the very best and unique experience at Anassa, whether short or long visits, first time or returning guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Anassa in the near future and if there is anything we can help you with in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Annasa hotel twice with my family and both times were pure bliss.
The hotel is of absolute luxury. Marble floors, infinity pool, luxurious rooms and complete isolation from the hustle and bustle of normality.
If you want to have a week of pure relaxation, then this is the hotel for you. The staff are wonderful, constantly asking if you require anything at all.
We stayed half board and all of the restaurants are lovely, the main being my favourite due to the vast amount of variety in fresh food. Lunch is also great, yet perhaps a little expensive if you are on a budget. If you are planning on staying at this hotel, then be prepared to have a large bill when you leave due to the expense of things such as bottled water.

The watersports (which is part of the hotel) is great fun. I went kayaking which is a must.
Make sure that you eat at the beach barbecue, very luxurious even though it is a 'barbecue'.
We never left the hotel as we didn't feel the need to, so cannot comment on the facilities in the nearby area.
Thank you for another wonderful stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Evie J
Stephanie C, Front Office Manager at Anassa Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Ms. Evie Jane J,

Best regards,
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Overall it's a great hotel but clearly overpriced for the experience we can legitimately expect from a luxury five star hotel member of Leading Hotel of the World.
Objectively the room was clean & the services were correct, but this is counterbalanced by the following :
- beach area : sun beds were too numerous & too close from each other and from the water sport center (not enough privacy & tranquility to relax and enjoy the beautiful beach)
- garden view room : the air conditioning system was too noisy and not very effective & the mattress was warped
- lobby & spa areas : first line staff did not remind to indelicate customers the basics of conduct in such a "5*" hotel, e.g : avoiding mobile phone use in the indoor pool at the Spa, no shirtless guest in the lobby area, no smoking people at breakfast who could bother guest eating inside
- visitor parking : dusty, no pavement ... which is very unusual for a "5*" hotel

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Brice M
Dear Mr. Brice M,

I must apologise any inconvenience caused during your recent stay with us and I can assure you this does not reflect our normal service. We have taken immediate steps to ensure this situation does not arise again and have already addressed this issue with the staff members and management concerned . We will make every effort to improve all areas of our services and do appreciate you advising us of this situation.

I do hope this does not affect your overall impression of the hotel and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Anassa in the very near future.

Once again Mr Brice M. please accept my sincere apologies and should we be able to assist in any other way in the meantime, please feel free to contact us.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Anassa, the service was totally impeccable, friendly & helpful. The hotel is in one of the beautiful parts of the island & everything has be done in a subtle & Eco - friendly way. I love the fact that as you walk around the hotel there are wild bushes of rosemary & lemon geranium scenting your way.
Breakfast was wonderful with raw honey on the comb & soaked figs with yogurt!
The views are so beautiful, I left there feeling totally relaxed.
We also attended my friends child's christening there, the party was on the beach, the food & atmosphere were just perfect, wish we could do it all again.
I will most certainly be back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Tonia B,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on these comments to the hotel team. Your feedback is always appreciated.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Arrived late evening. Lovely cold fresh lemonade on arrival in reception and a surprise upgrade to our rooms, from suites to a villa! Wonderful quiet location, amazing views, attentive and pleasant staff, Amphora restaurant buffets delicious, plenty of choice and great for children. Beach staff efficient and attentive, plenty of towels, small bar serving drinks and snacks. Plenty of activities available if required, Watersports on beach etc.
Would definitely consider a second visit!

Room Tip: A sea view is well worth having and a plunge pool as temperatures are over 30* in Aug! Rooms on the...