“The most relaxing, rejuvenating holiday I have had in years...would recommend to yoga lovers”
Review of Zening Resorts

Zening Resorts
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am really surprised at some of the most recent reviews that have been added...

I went to Zening Resorts last year (September 2013).
It was my first singles holiday so I was looking for a break that would combine the activities I love (yoga and pilates) with sunshine, good food, comfort, and the beach; all within a safe and peaceful environment. I found all of these qualities at Zening Resorts.

Negative points:

I am a little saddened to hear such negative feedback from the recent reviewers, as I did not experience any of this from the staff. I will say in September 2013, Zening was in the process of adding facilities to the overall resort (for example there was no indoor pool at the time) or a Zening snack shop (which was originally advertised when I was booking my holiday) but (although the building work was visible...) this did not make a difference to the quality of my experience...I certainly never got into a dirty swimming pool! When I was there the class timetable did change every day but there were regular classes of early morning yoga and late afternoon yoga/pilates- so it did not vary too much- and there was no additional payment for classes either.

I cannot comment on the quality of the classes now or the package deals, but I do think it would be a shame if the classes weren't run as efficiently for guests as (in my opinion) this was the main strength of the Zening Hotel?
I now see advertised that they do a variety of deals to cater for activities outside the resort such as providing 6 hours of sailing. Personally I think it would be better for guests to seek their own deals and for Zening to concentrate on providing an excellent service (with the classes and treatments) within the resort, as that is what they are good at!

I did eat dinner everyday at the Soma restaurant and found the meals of a satisfactory to good level...but for the money I paid for the meals, it was not excellent. This is the one area that could be improved...the waiting staff are efficient and helpful but there was only one cook who became angst when there was too many people in the restaurant at breakfast or at dinner time. He would get so flustered that he would go from being friendly to a bit abrupt!
They frequently serve fresh fish at the Zening resort but when I asked if he could filet my fish for me before I had it served- he refused on the basis it was too busy!

Positive points:

Each and every member of staff was professional, friendly and helpful- all making an extra effort to ensure that my needs were tended to. Aphrodite at reception upgrading me to a front view Karma Suite even before I had arrived (simply because I asked and because it was available!).
When I arrived at Zening it was quite late in the evening but the staff at the Soma Restaurant were kind and allowed me help myself to a hot meal despite the fact that they were about to shut the restaurant and most of the guests had gone to bed...

Zening provided a great group of professional teachers and specialists. Ioanna and Lorenzo were great yoga and fitness instructors- they encouraged and motivated the group that we even had outsiders (not staying at the hotel) asking if they could attend classes! Ioanna would go round the group and correct our movements so we were assuming the yoga positions correctly, hence not pushing ourselves to cause any damage!
I was lucky enough to not only receive a one-to-one personal training session with Lorenzo, but as I had paid for a variety of Veda treatments, I also received a complimentary Detox Honey Massage from Dimitri the masseuse.
Ravi (the meditation teacher) introduced me to meditation for the first time. After a week I could still not grasp it, however I was encouraged and felt motivated to keep practising and attending sessions as it made me feel peaceful and relaxed after an active day, each day.

My break at Zening Resorts could not have been anymore relaxing or fulfilling.
I spent every day doing exercise, unwinding by the pool, reading, and having Veda treatments. I hardly drank any alcohol and by the end of my weeks stay I had had such a good holiday... I did not want to leave! My favourite spot was the Fontana Pool which was often only occupied by me- it was like having my own private pool as I read my book and soaked up the sun...a lovely reward for waking up and doing early morning yoga!

...All I can say is my experience at Zening Resorts was a very good one. I would definitely go back in the future and I really hope that they do not lose focus on what they are good at by trying to offer too much to customers staying at the resort.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, a Yogi Studio would be more than sufficient for a single person but if you are i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sagittarian-Girl21
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and you have given us a good check list of areas to focus on. It is amazing that you remember the names of so many of our team members. We are touched by this gesture and it means a lot to us.
We have a very dedicated and gifted group of people working here this year at ZENING. Guests seem to truly appreciate the genuine and sincere service and very warm and friendly attitude of the ZENING team. We are truly proud of the people who choose to come and work at ZENING and embrace this eco-friendly, healthy and meditative lifestyle.
The resort is lush green after the winter rains. We have planted thousands of flowers and dozens of fruit trees. The organic garden is already giving us its first crop. Herbs grown in our garden are served daily with teas and meals.
Veda spa is one of a kind with its unique design and soothing atmosphere.
We have recently started a lunch and breakfast "Deli" with fresh salads, antipasti and local delicacies. It is very popular with guests.
We are striving to provide better service with every passing day.
It is heart warming that many of our guests from 2013 are returning or have already booked to come back.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards,
ZENING Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place is a joke. Stay away. Management is the worst I've seen, all things advertised in packages are not offered, none of the facilities work and/or are too dirty to use, classes schedule is changed almost daily, teachers are extremely unprofessional, staff all are misreable (probably due to poor management and the fact most of them are unpaid). The food is cheap and of poor quality, but costs a fortune. You can speak to absolutely anybody within the area and they will ALL have something bad to say about Zening. It's a nice concept in a nice area, but executed in the worst way possible.

• Stayed April 2014
14 Thank yogagirl222
ZenTeam, Owner at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest: My team joins me in expressing my deep regret and sincere apology to you.
We hope you have enjoyed the overall good experience of visiting Cyprus and hospitality of warm and friendly people of this area of Latchi and Polis.
We take pride in our team who are highly motivated, professional and, as a matter of fact, adequately compensated. They are committed to serving our guests with a smile. Our yoga, dance, pilates and meditation instructors as well as our Chef and service team received high praise from many guests and it is therefore highly regretful that we have come up short in serving you.
Our vegetarian and seafood cuisine and absence of hard liquor or red meat is well augmented by many fine tavernas by Latchi Marina.
We thank you for taking the time to review our resort and hope to provide you a better experience on your next visit.
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Simplicity enhanced by a gracious venue of eye pleasing attributes and amenities. A delectable resort offering pleasing variables on one focused theme. R E L A X .
The lovely town of Latchi is most Inviting , by the sea and marina, all meditative disciplines offered for all tastes will Immerse you in a constant Invigorating yet gentle and simple spiritual primer.
I will return again and again.....I miss it already !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael D
ZenTeam, Owner at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
We are very lucky to receive many visitors from United States who value excellence of service, appreciate the culture of Cyprus and healthy, joyous meditative holiday of Zening. Our whole team join me in a big T H A N K Y O U for visiting Cyprus and Zening. We hope to see you soon again. Cyprus is just two flights away from most cities in the United States with excellent connectivity via London, Athens and Munich. We invite you to visit this island of Aphrodite Greek goddess of love, beauty and pleasure soon again.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I went to Zening Resorts in Nov 2013 based on a friend's recommendation as a solo traveller. I had a lovely place, where my view was of the sea, the room was comfortable and had everything I needed.
I attended a variety of different classes: Yoga, Pilates, Tai-Chi, Meditation, classes were a good size and with very good instructors who were all friendly. There were a good selection of classes with good timings too.
The food at SOMA restaurant was really good. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner there. The chef John comes out in the evening to greet the guests and asks what they think of the food. My favourite was the vegetable wrap, lasagne and chocolate cake. The fish was also nice too I loved all the food there. I always looked forward to the food! The staff at the restaurant were nice and friendly and I loved the breathtaking view when I had breakfast and lunch sitting outside.
The staff at Reception and on the grounds were really nice too and made me feel very welcome.
I also tried out the massages and they were heavenly! I had a pedicure there too which was also nice.
If you want a trip to rewind, take a break or relax Zening resorts is the place to be. I also went on a hike where the views were stunning! I was a bit out of breath but the views were worth it. And also going to a nearby farm for a visit to see some of the local produce was great too.
I would take definitely come back as I enjoyed it so much!

Room Tip: Try and ask for rooms with a view of the sea. This is such a great view when waking up.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sueman82
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Many journalists, writers, yoga teachers and wellness professionals have visited Cyprus this winter and experienced the nature and beauty of this area and our resort. Based on their feedback we will be operating all year around.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It is such a gift to stay at Zening Resorts in Latchi: a remote, peaceful and special place in the Mediterranean world where you can feel authenticity and simplicity.

The Resort is composed of a luxurious lush green garden with fig trees, palm trees, pomegranate trees, bright flowers, two swimming pools, a spa and many beautiful open spaces to sunbathe or read or just do nothing. All the bungalows are brand new with a cute balcony, stunning sesside view, modern facilities like aircon, fridge and hairdyer...oh, and I forgot: there is green tea and herbal tea bags to welcome each visitor.
I was treated like a princess with a buffet of delicious fresh and healthy vegetarian food and was happy to share my meals with new friends coming from all over the world.

During these four days, inspired by the peacefulness and the harmony all around me, I could immerse myself in the practice of yoga, in kundalini meditation, dynamic meditation, sitting meditation, dancing meditation, jogging meditation, sun bathing meditation, seaside walking meditation, even working meditation and eating meditation...and of course the beauty of meeting new friends and discovering the cute town of Latchi, the sea, the marina, the hills and countryside all around and the friendliness of the local people.

In this peaceful atmosphere everything became a meditation and I found myself deeply rejuvenated, inspired, relaxed and energized - And so grateful for a Splendid Holiday! Thank you Zening Resorts!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank AmritaTiana
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here in October 2013. At the end of my stay I was very relaxed and rejuvenated. The rooms/apartments are clean, well decorated and have some nice touches like a good coffee machine and a seperate tap for their own water supplied from an underground well, l I think.
All of the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They certainly made me feel like a very welcome guest. Ask Boshka (on reception) for anything and she will try to get it for you. John the chef will try to accommodate any food requests you might have and I would highly recommend this restaurant above others in the area. The presentation was second to none and all the produce was local and fresh. Breakfast was perfect with good coffee and a fantastic view. Sulla, Ilias, Nectarios and Viktor ensured that coffee/eggs/wine were delivered to the table promptly and with a smile. The local wine is very good but a little pricey.
Due to the lack of children/phones/etc the resort was very peaceful and calm.
The spa is definitely worth a visit or two for treatments, steam and sauna - the relaxation room has a beautiful film playing that lulls you into a state of bliss. Aaah.
I had yoga sessions, meditation, pilates and a fantastic Tai Chi lesson with Nikos.
The resort is just a short walk from the local town but it's not for party animals - thankfully!
The only thing that I felt could be improved upon was the activities schedule. It was a little changeable which meant organising your day to take the classes you wanted to could be difficult at times.
The manager Jeremy was very open to hearing feedback from guests and he did it all with good grace and a friendly manner. I would highly recommend the Zening Resort as a place to iron out the stresses of every day life and I wish that every hotel I stayed in made me feel as welcome as the people here did. I can't praise the staff highly enough.
Also, very safe and comfortable for solo females. Free Wi-fi that works well. Laptops for use in library. If you don't mind driving, hire a car from the airport as it's cheaper than taking a transfer by other means.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gypsy_Suzanne
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely place for relaxation and switching off from everyday fast past life styles. Restaurant serves healthy and only fresh local produce, (no meat but locally and catch of the day fish and seafood) professional and friendly staff, Chef John is a top guy who makes you feel very welcome and goes out of his way to please - massage is highly recommended by the professional on site staff and so is the free yoga classes. Overlooking Latchi bay and harbour the resort offers fantastic views of the Mediterranean and within 10 minutes walk from the harbour which offers a variety of fish taverns serving fresh seafood etc and boat trips and hire to nearby lagoons and bays. A must visit place you will not regret but don't gave a 5 star expectations.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhoenixT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latchi
Souli Beach Hotel
#3 of 14 in Polis
The King Jason Paphos
Coral Beach Hotel & Resort
Bay View Hotel Apartments

Been to Zening Resorts? Share your experiences!