“peaceful relaxing retreat”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Latchi
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“peaceful relaxing retreat”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a healthy, relaxing spa retreat for those who enjoy yoga, peace and solitude this wonderful resort would be hard to beat. I have never left a review before, but felt compelled to do so because of my warm feelings towards the resort and the staff. There are things that could be improved upon such as the chaotic administration and some unfinished footpaths etc., which in my view, once I had settled into the atmosphere of the resort, merely added to its charm and characteristic. Outside the resort is a lovely harbour and a few shops, but don't come here if you want shopping, excitement and things to do outside the resort. For me, there was plenty to do in the resort, extensive daily classes of yoga, dance, meditation and fitness classes. The restaurant serves healthy food (mostly vegetarian and fish), much of it grown in the resort.
This holiday has been a reviving and spiritual experience I shall carry with me always.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Andrea L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Kent
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Zening is not for everyone that's for sure but I just loved it and it's quirkiness was part of the appeal so as far as I'm concerned other reviews are genuine (see Eva b- Never again) for I know I was not alone. A standard hotel it is not and whilst there were some issues in the overall scheme of things they were minor, mostly explainable and acceptable once the ethos was explained by the owner - more could be done to communicate this both on the website and once at the location. It does need more professional managers to oversee the delivery of consistent good service though had some wonderful personal touches from the hard working friendly staff. Was there with Destination Yoga and brilliant teacher Zoe and just had such a good time and was very sorry to leave. It is new, evolving and finding it's place but the location, facilities and genuine good intentions and ethos will sustain it into developing into a really really great venue. The food, service and cleanliness including the pools were very good and the views, gardens and wildlife just beautiful. I found it a very relaxing and reviving experience and appreciated the quietness and unhurried pace of life. A great adventure all round and I look forward to going back and seeing where it's journey has taken it.

Room Tip: We had one in block 12 which was up the hill,overlooking the pool and also got the most afternoon ev...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank TeeJJ
ZenTeam, Owner at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review.
We treat each review to be genuine and accept it with gratitude. Your comments are right on the mark. We have a lot to improve. Our management team is improving constantly and catching up with the self-motivate individuals who work in all our departments and make all our guests feel special. We remain focussed on serving and improving standards. One of our inspirations is master Zhangzhi who says “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centred by accepting whatever you are doing.”
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was my first holidays in Latchi, Cyprus and my first visit to Zening .I found this place great. The location of the hotel is ideal and the view from my room was wonderful. The food was very fresh and tasty. The service team was very friendly, polite and helpful. My room was every day clean and tidy by the housekeepers, even the last day of my departure the room was cleaned in the morning ,something I haven't seen in any other luxury hotels I have visited.
I had a very relaxing holidays and what I liked most was the peace and quiet atmosphere.
I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Natalie A
ZenTeam, Owner at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. Cyprus is simply the best holiday destination in Europe and we are just one of many excellent hotels on this island of love.
It is a pleasure to note that you had a good vacation and we hope you will continue zening wherever you are and visit us soon for your next vacation.
Paris, France
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've visited this place and I was thrilled!!! From where should I start? The location is perfect opposite the sea - Akamas coast, the view is breathtaking, and the atmosphere sooooooo ZEN! Just entering the resort you can feel the peacefulness - its like you have been stressless from the day you were born! The spa was amazing - professional people giving you the most amazing massage! But I was also surprised with all the facilities you can do there -except meditation and yoga! Furthermore, for people that they like quality food - you will appreciate this: I have been to a lot of restaurants around Europe with Michelin stars, but I had the most amazing fish with orange sauce at Zening resort - Priceless!! The room we stayed in was superb with a private Jacuzzi and a wonderful sea view! All people working there were all very polite, friendly and very helpful and loved the fact that the resort was so quite!
The most important of all was that anywhere you are in the resort you have this breathtaking sea view!
Definitely visiting again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Valerie L
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Cyprus Polis Latchi Riviera is a little paradise on earth so it was the right place for us to create a health retreat with zen like atmosphere. Cypriot people have incredible positivity, grace and dignity and so we have found an oasis of calm and peace in Europe for zening at ZENING.
Thank you for visiting us and we hope you will come to Cyprus and Latchi again and again to give us an opportunity to serve you.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I am a Cypriot and I live in the area of Polis Crysochous,The Zening open last year
I visited Zening this year for a spa therapy and dinner. This place is amazing !!! Is a place
You go to relax is away from the Towns noice polution and is no cars and machines allowed
around the Hotel premises,there you only listen the natures sounds.The atmosphere is perfect and the aura in Zening make you feel so good.
Zening is what was missing from the area ..is a paradise and while your there your connected with
universe...and thats the idea of Zening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Vangelis S
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
ZENING is unique because of the wonderful nature and people of this area of Polis Latchi Riviera. Not only is the nature of Akamas and this riviera the healthiest and beautiful, people of this area are warm, hospitable and honourable. All guests are treated with a smile and sincere welcome. ZENING is just one of more than 50 tavernas, restaurants, small and large family run hotels of this area. Polis Latchi Riviera offer the best holiday destination in Mediterranean.
ZENING is a little retreat within this paradise of Polis Latchi.
Uccle, Belgium
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to Zening and I was taken aback by how good it was since what it is offering is new to Cyprus. The vegetarian food cooked by the Chef, Stelios and his team, was very varied and appetising - regardless of whether it was on the buffet or ordered separately. The service team led by Anna-Maria was very friendly and helpful as were Simona and her therapists in the Spa. Activities were well organised - only suggestion would be that they are operated on Sunday as well. What I liked most was the peace and quiet and the absence of mobile phones in this day and age of mobile this and mobile that. very relaxing.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Twig C
ZenTeam, Owner at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are always striving to deliver more. Our mission is personal attention, care and service to each and every of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to our resort.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place was great. I'm so glad I found it. I have been traveling solo and am always worried I might feel uncomfortable at places by myself. But there were plenty of other solo travelers along with couples and small groups, so it was no problem at all. The food was great. Breakfast was a buffet, lunch was a buffet with a main course and dinner was salad, soup and a main course (usually a fish dish or another choice, like pasta. There was no problem just lingering, having a coffee and watching the sunrise over the sea. The staff and management were very friendly and helpful. For instance, I didn't know how to book a boat trip and the receptionist did it for me, or they helped me find others staying at the Zening village who wanted to do some activities together with other solo travelers. The Zening village itself is just so nice, with 3 pools (one indoor), spa, tennis court, along with many other things. The location is great, just across from the marina, with cafes and restaurants and activities such as boat rides and scuba diving lessons.

Room Tip: There is a variety of rooms. Not sure of them all, but some have sea views, some have double rooms a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank WorldTravelerStill
ZenTeam, Manager at Zening Resorts, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Zening is for Lovers. No doubt you loved it. We hope to make your next stay even more lovely.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Latchi
Aphrodite Beach Hotel
#3 of 14 in Polis
The King Jason Paphos
Mariela Hotel Apartments
Akamanthea Holiday Village

Been to Zening Resorts? Share your experiences!