“Good but no perfect”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I went there in summer and the food was nice.The location is amazing near to the sea and we have a nice time with my friends.You are literally sitting right on the water.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Took the whole family there for an evening meal and ordered what I thought was plenty of food. The waitress insisted that I hadn't ordered enough so I put a few more items on the order. We ended up with way too much food and therefore ended up paying 60-70 Euros more than we should have. On the good side the food is very good and the location is fantastic. You are literally sitting right on the water. I would think twice before returning however. It's unfortunate as it used to be one of my favorite fish tavernas.

1  Thank ScTraveler1
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have been frequently visiting High Chaparral for lunch or dinner the last 5 years. We are very sorry to see that the quality and quantity of the food, especially since the last six months, is deteriorating. Last two times that we went for a meze some of the fish was pre-fried and heated and instead of the huge platter with shrimps they brought the standard 5 piece small portion. The prices have always been high, but for eating a wonderful gigantic and fresh lunch by the sea, it used to be worth it. After our last experiences, it is not worth it anymore.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

This is a locally "famous" seafood place literally over the Sea with a few pleasant features. The service was excellent and they offer limitless bowls of fresh fruit for the taking. The decor is eclectic and the dining room comfy although we would have preferred to sit outside but were told the patio was closed for the season. All the same, the view from inside was pleasant. We ordered a few appis but the star was the grilled Haloumi cheese--the BEST I have ever had! They have lots of seafood and we tried the grilled garlic mussels but found them overly rich. We couldn't eat them all but they were tasty. The place is worth a visit if you're a fan of cheese and fruit.

1  Thank Andrea C
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Although there are nice views this is about the only thing this place offers. I found it to be very expensive and a tourist trap. With those prices please renovate and hire a professional gourmet chef. Very disappointed with the outrageous prices and lack of character. A prime spot on the seafront deserves more with such a price tag.

1  Thank aekbabe