“Great hotel, great staff”

Crowne Plaza Limassol
Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The staff at Crowne Plaza Limassol were very friendly and professional. Nothing we asked for was too much of a problem and requests were dealt with immediately. We tried various restaurants while we were in Cyprus, but the best meal by far was the one we had at the hotel's La Brezza restaurant. I am sorry that we only tried it out 2 days before we left, or we would have spent many more evenings there. I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza - especially for people travelling with kids as there is easy access to the beach, a pool and play area with swings etc. The hotel's location is also a bonus as it is on the beachfront and within walking distance of the new Marina & old port. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Bateleur,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol and for sharing your Crowne Plaza experience on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear that you preferred La Brezza to other restaurants you tried during your visit to Limassol and that the Crowne Plaza Limassol team was able to help you with everything that you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Crowne Plaza Limassol again soon! Until then, wishing you all the best...

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Limassol

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed twice in a Crowne Plaza hotel before, bug I can say this hotel has less of the Crowbe Plaza spirit if I can call it so.Two of the other Crowne Plazza I stayed at for example were in Toulouse, France and Cochin in India.Both were somehow similar in spirit and had something special about them...Not this Limassol one! I have nothing to say about staff or cleanliness , it is over priced , too over priced 180 euro not including breakfast is too much for this hotel... ..I don't think I would stay at Limassol Crowne Plaza again...I will still use Crowne Plaza ...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank eljedm
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Eljedm,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol. We are glad to hear that you like the Crowne Plaza brand in general and that you would like to continue staying at Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts in future. In addition to free internet for all IHG Rewards Club members, we are also rolling our new Fast & Fresh menus as well as our Energy Essentials running station. A lot of exciting new benefits are on the horizon for Crowne Plaza! We also embrace the One Step Ahead motto at our hotel and are usually rated by our guests as being one of the best Crowne Plaza hotels in Europe especially for cleanliness and for the helpfulness and caring attitude of the staff. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was different. We hope that you will give us another chance and stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol again in future. Our aim is to create Great Hotels Guest Love.

marketing@cplimassol.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent location for a Limassol all round experience! The hotel is located along the beach promenade, near shops and within walking distance to the old city of Limassol. If someone feels like walking the distance they can even take a longer walk to the Marina! On the other hand if someone was to stay with in hotel grounds, it has two large swimming pools, one indoor and one outdoor, and a cosy servised private beach with bar! There is generous variety of breakfast which one can enjoy on the veranda with amazing views to the sea!
Last but not least, the staff is polite and always treating client requests as a priority!

Room Tip: Superior Room with City view is ideal for families wiht small children as it is spacious - it can fi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Fly2Fly2,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your Crowne Plaza Limassol experience on Trip Advisor! We are delighted to hear that among other things you found the rooms family-friendly, the location convenient and the breakfast generous. I will most certainly pass on your kind words to the Crowne Plaza Limassol team. We all hope to see you at the Crowne Plaza Limassol again soon for another family break.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel was ok but staff were good. Bedroom tired and perhaps smokey (???) despite sign outside lift saying "No Smoking" with an ashtray alongside. The AC worked fine but there wasn't a sea view available so I had to make do with the road which was not the same at all. Good wifi and PC available in lobby as I hadn't brought one. Breakfast fine but need more fresh fruit and why charge for coffee when the stuff you serve is awful - must be a money making plan? Not sure I will be back.

Room Tip: As everyne says - go high, sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Durris681

Dear callan681,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Limassol and for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are pleased the hear that you liked the staff and that the Crowne Plaza Limassol team were able to make a difference to your stay.

With regards to the issue of smoking, I do apologize if your room was smokey. All hotels in Cyprus face a similar problem because by law we are not allowed to have smoking rooms. As such hotels across the island occasionally face this issue. Had this problem been brought to our attention during your stay we would have made every effort to move you to a different room.

We are pleased that you liked the breakfast. The type and quantity of fresh fruit we offer varies according to the season because we try to offer the best locally grown products. We are currently offering sliced watermelon and melon because they are exceptionally juicy at this time of year, and either sliced orange, grapefruit or kiwi, as well as whole fruits such as apples, plums and bananas. With regards to the filter coffee we serve at breakfast I will look into the matter as we have never received a complaint regarding the quality of our coffee before.

We are also glad to hear that our computer kiosk and internet speed helped you get the job done, and the AC in the room was to your liking.

As one of the most recently renovated hotels in Limassol and the closest beach hotel to the city center with a friendly service we hope that you will in fact return to the Crowne Plaza Limassol again soon. The earlier you book the higher the chances of finding a sea view room available.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good service very nice crew
I will always go back when i come to limassol
The breakfast is amazing and you get the view for free
For diner dont forget to go to restaurant La Brezza the food and
service is great .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pascaline N
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Pascaline N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Crowne Plaza experience on Trip Advisor.
We are very glad to hear that you liked the team, breakfast (with the sea view of course) and that you enjoyed dining at La Brezza. We hope you will indeed return when you are next in Limassol!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am back here on business again this year and am just beginning my third week. I am a woman alone, but feel as if I am with family and friends.
The hotel is top class in every respect-rooms, air con, public areas, the restaurants, the gardens, the beautiful pool and beach areas. The terrace overlooking the sea with top class musicians every night-a pianist one, a sax player the next, then a duo-violinist and guitarist-all give atmosphere to warm evenings watching the moon over the sea.
What really makes it, though is the staff in every department. From arriving -the door porters, the reception staff, who welcome, wake you gently with real voice alarm calls, book taxis and excursions. They even print my Observer crossword on Sundays and bring it to my breakfast table and yesterday helped me out with 20€ when I was short for a taxi. The rooms are immaculate and served by an army of efficient, pleasant staff. The bar and waiting staff are second to none. Everyone looks really smart and always has a smile . Sad that I only have another 10 days and will be working in another country next year, but for now-thank you all at Crowne Plaza!

Room Tip: On business my company chooses the cheapest-but I have seen the rooms opposite-all the ones with a s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jennifer W,

We are very pleased that you returned to the Crowne Plaza Limassol again this year and that the Crowne Plaza Limassol team has become like family! Also great to hear that you enjoy our live entertainment in the evenings. It is indeed a shame that you will not be returning to Cyprus on business next year...perhaps you will be able to arrange a holiday in Limassol instead?
I very much hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to the whole team.

Wishing you all the best of luck with the crossword this Sunday!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 5 days on business there and had a fantastic stay and great hospitality. The location was great, staff helpful and the manager when we checked in and the manager half way through the stay were great. We were privileged to get an upgrade and I think Athene was lovely in the way she kindly offered to assist in changing our rooms. I would recommend going there and indeed I may be going back soon. There is nowhere else for me to stay in Limassol. A big hotel with a boutique mentality. Thank you to all the staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
PetrosPierides, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Kinidarker,

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! I will pass on you comments to the whole team and especially to Athene, who I am sure will be delighted that she was able to make such a difference to your stay. We hope that you will indeed return in the near future for another productive business trip!