“best i have experienced”

Parklane, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Manchester, United Kingdom
“best i have experienced”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I have just returned from what I can honestly say is my best holiday experience. My wife and I booked to stay at Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort for one week with elegant reosrts. We have stayed in Cyprus before, twice in Paphos and once more in Limassol. We always stay at 5 star hotels and this last visit at Le Meridien is by far the best from my previous visits at other 5 star hotels on the Island.

When we arrived we were quickly received by the bellboy who promptly opened our taxi door and welcomed us. I knew this was a good sign of things to come. He escorted us to reception where he announced our arrival by name and a very pleasant young lady took care of our check in. She handed us a couple of fresh scented face towels and a juice and gave us all the information we needed about the hotel facilities. We were then escorted to our room 463 which was a very spacious sea view room overlooking the main pool, carpet free which is what i really wanted, just a nice parquet.

Our holiday was nothing more then perfect, the restaurants were all of very good standards and even though we had booked the special offer with free half board we still tried the a la carte restaurants and considering their setting just meters from the sea, very good and genuine service from Sotiris and Sotiroula and quality food we did not feel they were overpriced but just right.

The is a big Resort and gives you the chance to hide away if you like by the grotto adults pool or the sea water pool, if you want more commotion you can stay by the main pool where mostly families enjoy. The gardens are in mint condition and finally the icing on the cake for this Resort is Le Spa. It is probably the biggest spa we have seen with 3 indoor and 4 outdoor sea water pools for thalassotherapy and a book of spa treatments, not a flyer. Anyone can get lost in what they have to offer but the Spa Consultants are very professional and give excellent advice. We must have spent at least 12 hours each in the spa during our stay. We did not want to leave!

We have already re-booked to go back in early October and we are counting the days a fully recommended hotel!

Room Tip: rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Child friendly resort on Limassol Beach. We are a late 20 something couple from London.

Our trip was very resort focussed, and we alternated between the restaurants which were open the week we were there. The Japanese restaurant was our favourite and probably the best overall, though service everywhere was excellent.

The weather in July was perfect, consistently blue skies with light breezes, perfect for doing very little but swimming, tanning and sleeping. We spoke to a Russian family who were there for three months (July - September) every year and who said it was like that through the summer!

The Beach is grey sands and the resort have a managed bay area which is safe for children and a bit of swimming, but the three pools kept us busy. It is a very child friendly resort so if we sat by the largest pool we knew we were in for a morning of instructor led water aerobics, and a day of small children dive bombing in front of us. We are expecting our first baby so it's quite fascinating to watch but I imagine it might be a bit irritating if you are expecting a quieter experience. The other two pools were definitely quieter. The two bars were pleasant, with simple lunch dishes, like burgers and salads.

Two minor things. There are two computers in the lobby which gave free internet access. (Otherwise the hotel has a pay to use policy) We found these computers plagued by plump 13 year old boys who were on them all the time, and on the few occasions when they were free, locked to the hotel's pay to use page. The other issue was that it felt like we were discouraged from leaving the resort. When I visited the concierge to ask about local trips, I was told that it was too hot, or that everything involved a 90 minute car journey and the only way to do it was by private hotel car, or that it was not like the Greek islands so if you did take a boat trip there was not much to see. It was hot so I'm sure the first point was valid, but given that we had also read that there were some amazing Roman ruins within 20 minutes drive it felt a bit odd.

Two tips - if you have Starwood points, use them, and if you can get an all-inclusive deal, do it because the food is good and it can be expensive to pay for all food separately.

Overall, a really good, lazy break.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Mansfield
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend beautiful hotel very clean. Food was ok nothing special, rooms nice although we didn't have a view just some bins !

• Stayed October 2010
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 July 2011

On arrival we were shown to our room....and my wife broke down in tears. The rooms would struggle to get a 2 star rating (not the generous 3.5 elsewhere in the reviews on this site). Tired and old, with heavily scuffed furniture from the 70s, and worn floors, avocado bathroom suite - you could be in an episode of Life on Mars. The helpful front office staff moved us to a compound-style suite with a pool in the middle. Very nice and very convenient, and highly recommended upgrade for a family. On the downside, the room reminded me of student digs, with sub-Ikea furnishings and chip-board wardrobes.
It really is such a shame that the "crisis" seems to have arrested any refurbishment of the hotel, because when you step out of the rooms the facilities are really pretty good - especially for those with young children. The Kid's Club is the best we have ever experienced, and there's a kid's restaurant with free food for 4-and-unders, along with entertainment for the youngsters til 9 every evening, and babysitting service with the staff from the kid's club. Plenty of pools, attentive staff, and a great spa for the ladies.
Again on the downside, the high prices for food, but moreover for the wine - somewhat unnecessary given the quality of the local plonk. Make sure you choose the half-board option if possible - the daily buffet looked to be excellent.
With some investment this would be a great place....shame.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank PaulAngel22
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were there for a week in July. The Spa was great, even superb except for the prices. There was a PADI dive resort on premises, which was cool. What wasn't so cool, was the amount of restaurants open compared to how many there was supposed to be. For instance, the two best restaurants are only open in the wintertime, which wasn't really advertised anywhere. Of the restaurants that were open, one was not open all week, but was closed for three days. This turned out to be ok, though, as once we did go there, the food was mediocre at best.

Overall, the staff was friendly but there was just too little of them in a given restaurant at any time. Half of the staff seemed to be trainees as well, so maybe they have a staff turnover problem?

If you happen to dislike Russian tourists, by th way, this is NOT the place to go.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank phekko
Andorra la Vella, Andorra
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I travel a lot around the whole world. My last flight took about 10 hours long.When I arrived I was really tired, dirty, nervous, etc…
Just like in any other 5* hotels a doorman open the door of the cab, helped me with my luggage and escort me to the reception.
As a well experienced traveller I knew my check-in would take long, when I saw dozens of people by the reception I thought: oh God, here we go again!
I must wait another 30 minutes until I can take a shower and get some sleep.
BUT here came the unusual experience! The doorman who escorted me in realised the situation at the reception, he stepped to me and said: “Sir, I apologise for the inconvenience, the reception is busy at the moment. Please take a seat, I will make your check-in procedure.May I offer you some refreshment?”
Everything went like a proper check-in.
This simple thing made me feel special and very happy because I didn’t have to wait for the queue and so on.
On the way to the room he explained the major facilities and services, in the room shew me everything. Overall I never had such a nice and fast check-in ever!
I must say this is a real professional 5 star service!
Thank you Le Meridien! Thank you Mr. David!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank vladimir9
kent
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Me, my parnter and our 3 year old stayed at Le Meridien This June. We also had our wedding there. The whole experience was out of this world.. The hotel was beautiful and the service is brilliant.
Our wedding day was perfect thank you to Jenny and all that helped to make our wedding day unforgettable, they couldn't do enough for us. Everything from the locations and Decoration was Beautful and not to mention our Wedding Dinner... One of our guests mentioned it was the best wedding dinner he ad ever had, it was truly wonderful and again the service through out the meal couldn't have been better.
For children the it's wonderful... Penguin village is brilliant, Dinner in Mickey's is perfect and the pool's for the kids are aslo brilliant.
Over all it was the best Holiday/Wedding we could have ever dreamed of and we want to thank you all at Le Meridien for making that possible.
Victoria, Dean and Grace xx