Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to a major renovation. It will reopen March 26, 2018.

“Comfort, Care and Courtesy: We Loved our Stay at the Le Meridien!”

Parklane, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We were extremely impressed with the Le Meridien Hotel which exceeded our expectations. We have never had better service in a hotel. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful. The resort was nicely landscaped with beautiful flowers everywhere and the room was clean and comfortable The hotel management added thoughtful touches. For example, as it was Easter, each guest received a free basket of bread and eggs. The facilities were amazing and included: swimming pools (indoor and out), a fitness centre, bowling, archery, football, ping-pong, badminton and fitness classes. We even had a private yoga lesson and the instructor was superb. The spa was amazing - we each had three different treatments! The buffet food was excellent. All of the food was fresh and, with a different theme each night, there was a lot of choice. We highly recommend this hotel and wish to thank the staff for making our stay so memorable.

There are newer reviews for Parklane, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have just come back from yet another wonderful holiday at the Le Meridien Limassol. This is our fourth visit and it simply gets better each time. We booked one of the Jacuzzi Cabana rooms located in the adult only wing of the hotel which was wonderful for us as we didnt have any children. These rooms really are worth paying the extra for,especially when you can step out of your room to your sunlounger by the spa pool!. We booked early and had a free half board upgrade. We have on occasions dined in the hotels many other restuarants on offer, one of which is the italian open air restuarant 'Trattoria' -outstanding dishes with wonderful service.

I can highly recommend the spa, the treatments are endless. One of the best spa's I have ever experienced during my travels. The hotel has 3 outdoor swimming pools and one heated, all of which were lovely and relaxing.

This hotel is prefect for couples, honeymooners or families. We spoke to one family who couldn't praise the hotel enough for the supervised childrens club and creche area. We feel the le Meridien has everything we could ask for and more.The Meridien is set further out of limassol which is a bonus as the area is so much quieter than being in the centre. If you fancy a day out then the hotel offers a very good shuttle bus service to the town area.

Reviewed 23 April 2009

We chose Le Meridien because the Amathus Beach Hotel, where we have spent 200+ nights the past ten years, was closed for renovation. Having heard how grand the hotel is from several friends and acquaintances, we decided to give it a shot. Since our trip was to be our 7 year-old's Spring Break vacation, we thought we'd give Le Meridien's famed kid's club a chance to win us over from the Amathus.

First impressions were not that great. Although entry was made through a nice driveway lined with fresh-scented flowers and trees, our room was still not ready at 16:30. The "two minutes" it was supposed to take took more than half an hour. When we were shown to our seaview deluxe room, we were generally underwhelmed by the fittings. On a positive note, the closets are modern and functional, although useable drawer space is insufficient for three people over a weeklong period. The bathroom is split into a workable arrangement with pocket doors separating a) the showering area, b) toilet and bidet area, and c) general sink area. There is also a scale and safe in the toilet area. However, the sleeping area is nothing special ... certainly not five-star standard. The desk is a long and narrow countertop with insufficient electrical outlets. And the bed -- that atrocious bed -- was as hard as a concrete slab. Attempts to get a softer mattress were rebutted: "all our mattresses are the same." Of course, they also had to add that "most of our guests are so pleased with these mattresses that they often ask how to acquire them." Well, I was not pleased and my back truly suffered for the entire week. Not having a box spring or a large "featherbed" on top of the mattress definitely makes these beds HARD! They're essentially firm mattresses on top of heavy wooden platforms.

This naturally leads to a discussion about service at Le Meridien, which we felt to be extremely lacking. Our impressions of Cyprus in general are not favorable when we reflect on customer service but, for a supposed five-star establishment, there was insufficient impetus behind the work pace at this particular hotel. Housekeeping was spotty, room service was slow, baggage handlers never arrived upon check-out, communications were garbled. Further, management didn't seem too eager to satisfy despite my premier standing with Starwood. When an expensive item came up missing in my room -- the fact is, it was stolen -- there wasn't an inkling of sympathy. There was no attempt to try to assuage my frustration, other than to tell me how the item might reappear in the laundry at some point. The simple response was "we'll look into it but there's no evidence that anything was stolen." Although I agree that there was no way to prove wrongdoing, dealing with my concerns could have been more professionally handled. Other guests complained about missing items, too, so I got the feeling this wasn't necessarily a rare incident. Further, when we complained about loud neighbors yucking it up at 3AM on Easter eve, it took until 4:25 before hotel staff ventured to confront the offenders. Even then, we had to turn on the A/C unit at full-blast to muffle the noises that continued to emanate from Room 569.

We didn't use the spa, though most commented favorably about its quality. We also really couldn't use the pools since they weren't heated. Yes, they claimed water temperature at the main pool to be 26C but it was no better than 23C ... much too cold for us. Even the indoor pool was unoccupied the entire time we were there as it simply was too chilly for anyone to use. This was a major disappointment for our son, who chose Cyprus in the first place so he could swim outdoors. You'd think that they could afford a little heat in the pools, given their near 80% occupancy rate during this holiday period.

The breakfast offering was comprehensive and substantial. There were five types of cereal, six types of cheese, some of the best omelettes we've eaten in buffets, pancakes with multiple toppings, fresh orange juice, and a few varieties of yogurt. The fruits were nothing special but I suppose it's not quite the right time of the year just yet. The breakfast meats were also meager. Overall, however, our impression was positive. Unfortunately, breakfast ended everyday at 10:00 (although we saw people arrive as late as 10:25 and not get turned away) and there was a mad rush at this time. The noise level approaches 100 decibels with all the clanging, chatter, and children screaming. It's somewhat stressful, in fact. But since it's included in the rate, one just has to get used to the bustle.

Le Meridien is isolated, although it's easy to drive the twenty minutes into Limassol with a rental car or, better yet, for €1.50 per person the city bus leaves right outside the main entrance every half hour until 10PM. This makes it convenient to get into town to sample a wide variety of restaurants. We took the bus six evenings in order to avoid eating the generally predictable fare at the hotel's buffet.

Sadly, the only highlight of this trip was the children's club. It was fantastic. Our son generally shies away from such facilities but actually looked forward to going there each day. There's much to do: an outdoor football field, basketball court, playground, a large inflatable jumping area, and several building with multiple activities. It was a busy period at the hotel, and there were anywhere from 25 to 40 kids in the club at any given time. There were also 4 - 5 staff working there, all of whom spoke great English and seemed genuinely eager to engage with the children. Don't expect a set schedule, though. They generally decide what to do each day based on the composition of kids and what the kids' moods are.

This review is negative. Please bear in mind, however, that we're comparing Le Meridien against one of its five-star competitors down the street (The Amathus). Thus, it's a fair comparison. In every category except two -- the quality of breakfast and the kid's club -- the Amathus wins: comfort, service, cleanliness, location, management, and price. Perhaps a large chain resort can never compare well against a local, stand-alone one? There just didn't seem to be any emotion, no care. Plus, other than the younger Eastern European staff (doormen, some front desk clerks, and some restaurant staff), there was a general sense of indifference to the guests. Note that I have also slammed the Amathus in previous reviews: it's by no means paradise on Earth! However, unless you really need to take your vacation somewhere that you need to have your child looked after competently everyday from 10:00 to 18:00 or are trying to cash in a bunch of Starwood points, I wouldn't suggest Le Meriden as your destination.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I completely disagree with the last reviewer as it looks for me more like some kind of revenge rather than an objective opinion which is unfair to other tripadviser readers.
I travel a lot and usually I spend part of my holiday in a place I’ve been before and really like in order to avoid disappointments and the other part of my much deserved holiday time I spend discovering new destinations. I also would like to confess that I am one of the fussiest person and like everything to be perfect. Le Meridien Cyprus is my safe bet I visited it 9 times and I find this hotel one of the best resort in the world and definitively the best resort in Cyprus. This time I spent one week (in April 2009) and returned back to work feeling fabulous, relaxed and tanned.

I find the architecture of the hotel amazing it is very spacious made in a modern style and has a lot of light. The air conditioning is great (which is not the case in some other 5* hotels). The rooms are clean and have a lot of space. I was staying at the sea view room and the view was stunning, the sunsets (no words to describe it). The beds are very comfortable and big enough. I like the bathroom area with huge mirrors.

The service was fantastic, very friendly as usual. The room service was very fast and efficient (I was ordering some food which was not on the menu and they were doing their best to bring what I wanted). The reception was very helpful and polite.

The sea water was too cold to swim at this time, but there are two big swimming open air pools which are heated and a smaller pool with a silence area for relaxation (there are also pools in spa area and gym). I didn’t have any problems with my towel. It always waited for me at the place I left it 

The best part of the resort is The Spa. Absolutely fantastic! I tried four hands massage, frangipani float, cold marine facial, foot massage – unforgettable! I highly recommend frangipani float.

The big plus to the resort is a very big territory around so it is possible to have a long, romantic walks at night around the hotel and enjoy the stars and sea. To sum up a very beautiful, relaxing resort with a fantastic spa! I would highly recommend everyone to visit it!

2  Thank NJ_2009
Reviewed 11 April 2009

I usually travel once a month for business and sometime my family join me. This hotel claims to be family oriented but if you stay there you will learn the hard way that it is not at all, our children came crying to us as my daughter was pushed of the slide by the two russian sisters from hell "as they were named by other guests" several times, but since the hotel child supervision was Russian they took the side of the Russian "mafia like" family staying at the hotel", I understand that the crises hit Cyprus too and that they are trying to keep their rich Russians but not on the expense of violence used on our little daughter.
By the pool we put our towels on some beds, which were available, when we returned the parent of the Russian kids decided to bully us too and had removed our towels and book and dropped them on the floor, we spoke to the pool attendant but he claimed that they were at the hotel before we arrived and that they always sat there, no body informed us that priority was for Russians.
In the restaurans our food order was wrong, we asked for plain sandwiches for our children and they came with other things inside the sandwich, when we asked the waiter to change them, his voice tone and face expression clearly looked not happy, although he took them away and took 40 minutes to return, agian the order was wrong.
Management only cared about their "VIP rich Russians" you see them get all their attention in the bar, pool, restaurand and even service at the reception, it was frustrating for us and the other few British people we met at the bar or by the pool, ironically even a Russian couple staying in a standard room also told us that they were annoyed by the management and staff, another couple explained that the dark cloud is due to two big buildings where some sort of works were being carried out next door, not sure what they are but I surely don't care as I won't return there.
The rooms are good and the beds were comfortable, I had a facial at the spa and thought it was fine, the concierge staff were very helpful in recommending a nice sandy beach as the hotel had a strage dangerously rocky beach.
The room cleanliness was very good but the one of the main public areas as the public toilets needed some serios attention.
It is a shame as I have stayed at this hotel chaine several times and they will deffinetly be hearing from me as the one in Cyprus is distroying their reputation.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank marial0p
SourceLimassol, Public Relations Manager at Parklane, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2009

Thank you for posting your review.

We would kindly like to bring to your attention that no member of staff nor management have received such verbal or written adverse
comments from guests staying during the month of February 2009.

Please kindly contact me directly in order that we may further investigate your comments.

Mrs W. Kenny
Public Relations Manager
Le Meridien Limassol Spa & Resort
Cyprus

Reviewed 5 April 2009

The rooms are clean and very spacious… the nice thing about this hotel is that it is fully private, with huge spaces and grounds! By far much larger than other hotel I visited in Cyprus over the past 5 years.
This was our second visit of the hotel but for the first time we came to Cyprus in winter. The hotel has a heated external swimming pool which gave us the pleasure to enjoy the sun and have a later morning swim on a daily basis. Summer in Cyprus in winter, can only be experienced in this hotel, which has the only heated pool on the island. That’s what they say and was confirmed by my agency.
The spa is terrific, and when you see stars like Jean Paul Gautier, Cavalli, and other celebrities visit it, then you will understand why.
I fully recommend you try their new thai massage followed by an underwater massage. Very unique and special. I Will be returning again this year in August.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AlinaDuesseldorf
Reviewed 27 March 2009

What shell i say? When we arrived we were amazed by the spacious accommodation. Though we have booked a standard room it was plenty of space for me, my husband and our 5 years old son! Room was very clean and nicely arranged. We had a bottle of wine and a fruits as a compliment on arrival which we enjoyed same evening:)! Then we were recommended to take our son to kids club-Penguin Village. When we went there we find huge play ground outdoors and indoors: all for kids! We would leave our son there almost everyday with professional babysitters and we didn't need to worry - and it was free of charge. He was well taken care and very happy and even didn't want to leave! Big thank you to Le Meridien to give us a chance to have a fantastic holidays for us ( we spend all time at Le Spa while our kid was at Penguin) and for our young traveler! Would highly recommend this resort to my friends!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family