We stayed in Amathus for the 3rd year in a row this July with 2 kids. Typically would have 2 connected rooms on renovated floors. This time around decided to have Junior Suite with pool for a change for one week. Initially chose the hotel as it seemed to us this place was best for children and it was still 5-star and well equipped. Kids definitely love it! Among all the hotels on this shore Amathus has the best beach with not to many strangers, very clean and sandy. For those who do not like natural water there are 3 pools of which we used the main one as it is definitely best for children. Also very clean and with deepest point at 3.85m will cater to most needs.
- renovated floors are really nice.
- a lot of stuff for kids to do and enjoy
- very clean
- best beach
- good pools including one for very small kids
- food is OK
- service is good
- staff is polite and mostly accomodating
Not so strong:
- overcrowded on w/ends with many people coming for a couple of nights/weddings, etc.
- this is the time when restaurants cannot cope with volumes so you can sit there totally forgotten for some time
- evening entertainment program is repetitive each week. if you stay longer you get bored with the same stuff happening every day of week
- there is free Wi-Fi internet connection but it is slow and interestingly the hotel does not advertize this option. Connection quality is not so good.
Having a pool in the room is really great. It is your own pool and you can use it how an when you like. It is expensive though but we think worth a try.
I would also like to mention that Amathus can sustain disasters well and keep impact on its guests to a minimum. When there was power outage in Limassol and in the hotel for the good part of one day (it is a separate story why Cypriots let it happen) the hotel staff did their best to inform and to keep facility running. They had all sorts of back up systems, which let all the critical systems function. We were impressed and really grateful!
In spite of minor points mentioned we consider Amathus is earning its price and we definitely recommend it to families with small kids. Every time we ask our children where they want to go for next summer vacation there is only one answer - Amathus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, a member of "The Leading Hotels of the World", you will enjoy deluxe accommodation, top-class range of fitness, sport and leisure facilities, fabulous restaurants with superlative cuisine, sumptuous and perfectly appointed surroundings including 4000 sq.m. of immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens and, on top of everything, efficient and uncompromising personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amathus Beach Limassol
- Limassol Amathus Beach Hotel