“Really nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent 5 nights here in April and was immediately impressed. The Standard of the rooms on the 4th floor was modern and light. Unfortunately on the 1st morning I was woken up by some building work at 7.30 am. I spoke to reception after breakfast ( wonderful choice really top quality and range although some herbs with the omelette would have been good) and I was upgraded to Junior suite away from the noise. The Junior suites are in an annexe and are larger. Although the room was quieter and above junior suites with a jump pool the rooms are an older style and not so light and airy. These need upgrading but had I not been in another room I am sure I would have been happy. The bar was set high.

Room Tip: Get a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kremmen1955
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during the first morning of your stay at the Amathus. Being a member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”, our standard policy is to strive continuously to improve both our services and facilities offered to our guests. Within this context, on this specific date, a number of preventive maintenance works took place on the 3rd floor of the main building. We are glad to note that our personnel took immediate action and moved you to a junior suite.

Within the last four years we have renovated all of our rooms in the main building, while our immediate plans include the refurbishment of our junior suites.

I have passed on to our Executive Chef your comments about having the option of herbs on the egg cooking bar, and he is thanking you very for your excellent idea that he will adopt very soon

Thanks a lot for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future.

Kind regards

Amathus Beach Hotel

There are newer reviews for Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel when we arrived late at night from our flight. It was a true 5-star experience from start to finish. Beautiful contemporary accommodation and public spaces, great food (breakfast buffet was fabulous) and friendly, courteous and very attentive service from everyone. We stayed when the hotel was quite empty, so were lucky to have things to ourselves and parking was easy in the hotel car park, but were impressed with how the service was always sharp and the staff seemed genuinely delighted all the time to look after us. There are so many beautiful places to chill - in the bar, the lobbies, the gardens, by the pools - that it felt like it would never get crowded even in high season. There was a happy hour each night from 6-7 which was great! We had a non-sea view room, which was spacious and just a little noisy late at night but nothing too bad. It's a good 20 min drive into town so we only did that once in the evening. Only UK tv channel was BBC World and pay per view films were limited so suggest you take some music or films with you.

Room Tip: Sea view would be better if you are happy to pay the extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team creates for our guests. I will share your comments with everyone here.

We have noted your comments about the UK channels. I promise you that we shall do our utmost to enrich the UK TV channels in the very near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Amathus in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The Amathus hotel is a magnificent resort reserved for those who wish to be pampered and treated in style and luxury. From Katerina who helped organise our stay, to Marios on the front reception desk to Evelyn in the restaurants. Their genuine service with a smile is second to none! The CEO who owned the hotel even met us in the lobby and bought me and my wife a drink! - Who does that?!? The SPA facilities are both ultra modern and super relaxing! I never usually wish to return to places twice.. But the Amathus Hotel is somewhere I must return! The 5* it boasts truly are 5!

Keep up the fantastic work!! A valued guest for life!

Anil & Julie

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AchilleasD2013, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Mr Anil and Mrs Julie

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your stay at the Amathus.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.

Most of all, your feedback regarding Katerina, Marios and Evelyn was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our teams create for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Amathus in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We spent a weekend in Limassol at Amathus Beach Hotel a week ago.
From the parking through the reception, till our departure we found very high level of hospitality, with kindness and service orientation of all team members, the cleanliness and the high quality of maintenance , the well designed and decorated comfortable rooms, outstanding food variety and quality, excellent swimming pools and beach, indulging and tranquilizing SPA - everywhere you could find a "piece of paradise" from the smallest details which made our stay as one of the best vacations over the 31 years of marriage - we are looking for the next opportunity to return.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are the most favorite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit at the Amathus, and also for choosing to stay with us.

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future, where we shall spare no effort to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for one night, on business. I was upgraded to a junior suite, which had a stunning sea-view. What was really nice was that it was not just an upgrade, but that they still addressed all my booking requests: high-floor, quiet and away from any source of noise (and I would always prefer that to an upgrade if I had to choose).The room was wonderful - well appointed, comfortable and spotless. I left the door open, and drifted off the sound of waves lapping on the beach (though that might not be so easy at high season in the summer). The staff were attentive and polite. Special mention to Maxim at the front desk. Shame it was only one day, and that most of that was spent in an office in town!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit to the Amathus.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and service you received during your stay and that our Team has met your overall expectations. I have already communicated to Maxim your constructive comments about his performance, and I am sure that these will boost his moral even more.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you very soon at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

From arrival to departure the staff in the hotel ensured our comfort. The room was spotlessly clean, complementary fresh fruit and water and a well stocked mini bar all made for a good start.
The quality of food was excellent wherever and whenever we ate. The Spa facilities were perfect both for the very active, or the more relaxed! The couple of very minor issues we had were dealt with very professionally and courteously. A perfect hotel that we would have no hesitation in returning to and recommending to all.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room with a balcony to enjoy the sea view, fresh air and no worry of road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine E
AchilleasD2013, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a great stay here, the rooms are spacious and have alot of light, with beautiful views of the beach. It has a number of great pools, very clean private beach and the best breakfast buffet ever.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

I am glad that you liked the new rooms and I will pass your kind comments to our Executive Chef about our breakfast buffet.

Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.