“Best Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have just returned from this wonderful hotel with my wife and two young boys. We stayed nearly a week and from the moment we arrived we were looked after by friendly and courteous staff. The pool areas are fantastic and patrolled constantly for safety and security. The restaurants served a great variety of food and the room maids kept our room clean and tidy on many of their visits throughout the day. Reception staff were also of the highest quality. Of the many hotels we have stayed in, this is the BEST.!!

2 Thank Andrewr6550
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit at the Amathus.

I was delighted to read that your experience with us was a memorable one and, most in particular, that our team were able to make you feel so welcome. It is always encouraging for them to read such positive feedback regarding the service they provide to our guests, and it will be my pleasure to share yours with them.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Amathus Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Amathus Beach.

I last stayed at the Hotel in 1990 and had wonderful memories of a great family holiday. I was similarly impressed by this trip and my family have returned home having had a very memorable holiday.

The hotel was excellent with great facilities. The staff were courteous, polite and attentive to your every need and the service levels are 5 star.

I would definitely recommend the half board option, the buffets are delicious and the differing regional themes provide interest at every meal time. It was also great to see the head chef out of the kitchen and meeting guests. He was great with my children and if yours enjoy ice cream his home made creations are delicious.

We enjoyed the company of many similar families around the pool and if you are looking for a relaxed break to get away and unwind as a family then this hotel is perfect for you.

We will return very soon.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Since 1990, we have carried out numerous renovations to our hotel, destined to provide guests with an elevated lifestyle experience and comfort.

I was delighted to read that your experience with us was so memorable, and of course in particular that our team were able to make you feel so welcome. They do work so hard to ensure all our guests feel at home for every single moment they are with us, and it is a genuine pleasure for me to share positive feedback such as yours with all our team members. Most in particular, I have already informed our Executive Chef about your very positive comments about him.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back a t the Amathus.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed in your lovely hotel and attended the ITU workshop Seminar. The whole organisation of the whole event was excellent, the food and the service was very good. I would like to pass my appreciation to all the staff who contributed to the event, especially to the conference team who were exceptionally helpful and very professional.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gosh P
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

I was delighted to read that your experience with us while attending the ITU workshop Seminar was so memorable. Most in particular that our Conference Team make your event a success.

All of our personnel work so hard to ensure all our guests feel at home for every single moment they are with us. It is a genuine pleasure for me to share positive feedback such as yours with all our team members.

I do hope that we, the entire Amathus team, will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future.

Berkshire
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent 5 nights here in April and was immediately impressed. The Standard of the rooms on the 4th floor was modern and light. Unfortunately on the 1st morning I was woken up by some building work at 7.30 am. I spoke to reception after breakfast ( wonderful choice really top quality and range although some herbs with the omelette would have been good) and I was upgraded to Junior suite away from the noise. The Junior suites are in an annexe and are larger. Although the room was quieter and above junior suites with a jump pool the rooms are an older style and not so light and airy. These need upgrading but had I not been in another room I am sure I would have been happy. The bar was set high.

Room Tip: Get a sea view
1 Thank kremmen1955
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during the first morning of your stay at the Amathus. Being a member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”, our standard policy is to strive continuously to improve both our services and facilities offered to our guests. Within this context, on this specific date, a number of preventive maintenance works took place on the 3rd floor of the main building. We are glad to note that our personnel took immediate action and moved you to a junior suite.

Within the last four years we have renovated all of our rooms in the main building, while our immediate plans include the refurbishment of our junior suites.

I have passed on to our Executive Chef your comments about having the option of herbs on the egg cooking bar, and he is thanking you very for your excellent idea that he will adopt very soon

Thanks a lot for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future.

Kind regards

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel when we arrived late at night from our flight. It was a true 5-star experience from start to finish. Beautiful contemporary accommodation and public spaces, great food (breakfast buffet was fabulous) and friendly, courteous and very attentive service from everyone. We stayed when the hotel was quite empty, so were lucky to have things to ourselves and parking was easy in the hotel car park, but were impressed with how the service was always sharp and the staff seemed genuinely delighted all the time to look after us. There are so many beautiful places to chill - in the bar, the lobbies, the gardens, by the pools - that it felt like it would never get crowded even in high season. There was a happy hour each night from 6-7 which was great! We had a non-sea view room, which was spacious and just a little noisy late at night but nothing too bad. It's a good 20 min drive into town so we only did that once in the evening. Only UK tv channel was BBC World and pay per view films were limited so suggest you take some music or films with you.

Room Tip: Sea view would be better if you are happy to pay the extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.
I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team creates for our guests. I will share your comments with everyone here.

We have noted your comments about the UK channels. I promise you that we shall do our utmost to enrich the UK TV channels in the very near future.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Amathus in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The Amathus hotel is a magnificent resort reserved for those who wish to be pampered and treated in style and luxury. From Katerina who helped organise our stay, to Marios on the front reception desk to Evelyn in the restaurants. Their genuine service with a smile is second to none! The CEO who owned the hotel even met us in the lobby and bought me and my wife a drink! - Who does that?!? The SPA facilities are both ultra modern and super relaxing! I never usually wish to return to places twice.. But the Amathus Hotel is somewhere I must return! The 5* it boasts truly are 5!

Keep up the fantastic work!! A valued guest for life!

Anil & Julie

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
AchilleasD2013, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Mr Anil and Mrs Julie

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your stay at the Amathus.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.

Most of all, your feedback regarding Katerina, Marios and Evelyn was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our teams create for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Amathus in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We spent a weekend in Limassol at Amathus Beach Hotel a week ago.
From the parking through the reception, till our departure we found very high level of hospitality, with kindness and service orientation of all team members, the cleanliness and the high quality of maintenance , the well designed and decorated comfortable rooms, outstanding food variety and quality, excellent swimming pools and beach, indulging and tranquilizing SPA - everywhere you could find a "piece of paradise" from the smallest details which made our stay as one of the best vacations over the 31 years of marriage - we are looking for the next opportunity to return.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are the most favorite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit at the Amathus, and also for choosing to stay with us.

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future, where we shall spare no effort to exceed your expectations once again.