“A great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Limassol, Cyprus
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Wonderful service began as soon as we parked the car, help was on hand along with a very warm greeting. Reception carried on in exactly the same way, very welcoming and when taken to our room wow, very spacious, massive bed and a brilliant sea view from our balcony. The pool and the sunbed area was fabulous, someone was on hand to help set our chosen sunning area and when the sun went round they came and helped with the umbrella again,wonderful. On recommendation from reception we booked to have an evening meal in The Grill - the food, service, ambiance in fact everything was fantastic, breakfast is anther plus a lot of choices for All tastes we could not fault this hotel and we would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Room 106 has a magnificent view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Doubledd1961,

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit.

I am delighted to read your kind comments on the experience and to note how much you enjoyed our facilities and services.

I will share your feedback with the team here and I hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.

Amathus Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We live local so on the spur of the moment we spent one night to check this hotel out as it had been recently updated. Wow what an experience the service is draw dropping nothing is to much trouble from being met at the car checking in and the room was amazing. The facilities are 6 star with the pool and outside area take your breath away. We ate at the new Grill restaurant and I had the best meal I have had in years. What i would say is that the Service by all staff is beyond what I would expect even from a 5 star hotel. We will be back!

1 Thank Deeg1962
Dear Deeg1962,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Amathus.

I was delighted that we met your expectations during your stay and that you have got a chance to try our new "crown jewel", The Grill Room. As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team who make this all happen.

Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great location.pool swimming and sea swimming.food variety and tasty.all amenities you would wish for.get cracking and book it.if you don't have car,the hotel is on a bus route.also across the road is a handy snack bar/pub,speaking fluent English.the staff will do anything for you,quietly and efficiently..

Room Tip: And no I don't own it.just a happy holidaymaker.book a room overlooking the gardens,palm trees...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the service and facilities to your entire satisfaction. It is always a pleasure receiving positive comments from our patrons.

As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team who makes this all happen.

We, the entire team of the Amathus, are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Spent five nights in jnr suite with plunge pool and enjoyed every minute. Suites are annexed to the main building via a long corridor, there is a lovely sense of tranquility about it. The location is perfect right on the beach but offers 3 pools, one of which is heated and indoor, one is family and one is adult only. Water temperature was a bit chilly in the main pool but probably improves in the summertime. Not too busy in May but I was told it is extremely crowded in July/August. Grill Restaurant had a few hiccups with our order but the genuine manner and apology of the waitstaff etc., more than compensated for it. Breakfast room is beautifully light and bright with in and outdoor seating, spacious and great variety to choose from. Hotel foyer is also beautifully bright, very modern and with glass walls overlooking gardens and down to the beach, and a lovely space. Maria (guest relations) and Ana (spa) were so helpful and represent the hotel very well. Quality of food is very good and generous servings in The Grill a la carte but it closes two nights, Mon and Tues. A short walk will take you to many, many nearby restaurants and also an ATM machine near Four Seasons hotel. We were spoiled, receiving afternoon treats of home-made cakes, chocolates, fruit, water etc as well as a glass of champagne and canapes in the afternoon at about 4.30. Excellent spa, quite beautiful, an excellent lobby boutique in case you forget something or want something special to wear - both men and womens' clothing and accessories. There is an area reserved for hotel guests on the beach and lovely grassed areas. All the staff were exceptionally professional and very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: 114 jnr suite was great. Private plunge pool and close to everything.
1 Thank ontheroadsince73
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I am always very proud to read about the outstanding service our team provide to our guests, and the memorable moments they create. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with all and especially with Maria and Anna.

I do hope that on your next visit to Cyprus, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, for what I am sure will be another great experience.

Baden-Baden, Germany
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

It seems to have undergone a recent renovation. Nice modern design, friendly reception staff, good room service, terrible life music on the terrace, restaurant concept not very attractive (salad buffet and only small choice, the other a la carte restaurant closed) . I booked a single room but in the morning I realised I wasn't alone ... There was an about 5 cm long "blatta orientalis" - a cockroach in the bathroom - the staff at the reception desk explained me it's a pretty normal phenomenon in Cyprus ... cool

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Mr Urban K,

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel.

Please accept our apologies because you have found a cockroach in the bathroom. Our Executive Housekeeper has already arranged to spray the entire hotel to prevent any similar incidents in the future.

I am sorry that you did not like the life music on the terrace, as we usually receive only compliments for our entertainment. However, I assure you that I will deal personally with this issue and ensure that all of our guests enjoy the live music.

I have already communicated your comments about our restaurant concept both to our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Chef for immediate action and have particularly requested them to check the choice of food we offer.

I appreciated your valuable feedback and kind words about our Reception personnel and the Room-service.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Amathus in the near future, so as to give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com to discuss in more detail your experience at the Amathus.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spend two nights at the hotel for a business conference. Although I knew Amathus as one of the leading hotels in Limassol, I was surprised by the professionalism of the stuff, the excellent room, service and food.

The stuff were always ready to provide any help for the conference. I recommend Amathus without hesitation as a wonderful hotel for your business conference or just for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Mr Alexandros P.

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol.

I was delighted to read that your experience with us while attending a Conference, was so memorable. Most in particular that our Conference Team make your event a success.

All of our personnel work so hard to ensure all our guests feel at home for every single moment they are with us. It is a genuine pleasure for me to share positive feedback such as yours with all our team members.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly prior your next visit. My email address is ageorgiou@amathushotel.com

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We spent a week at Amathus...Excellent and professional staff, excellent food, excellent stay !!! In short, Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol is a lovely paradise on the island of Cyprus...Just WONDERFUL.

Andrew.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect...You will enjoy...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Mr. Andrew M.,

I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team creates for our guests. I will share your comments with everyone here.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Amathus in the near future.

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol