“Relax and enjoy!”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Relax and enjoy!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great luxury hotel with everything you need. Rooms, service, food, everything was as it should be in this type of lux hotel. I personally didn't like the beach, because the sea is dirty and the sand is black, and you cannot find better because that is how the sea is in Cyprus, but this is another issue. The hotel has great gym which is near the pool. The rooms have modern look, nice comfy beds, great pool and nice vast space down the beach where you can sit, relax and enjoy the holidays!

Room Tip: Ocean view are better than rooms with no view at all, because at the other side of the ocean, there...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am gad that you liked our new rooms and the service we provide to our guests. I will pass your kind comments to our Executive Chef about your comments for the food.
Thanks a lot for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future. Please contact me directly at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com when planning your next visit to Cyprus.

Kind regards
Amathus Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have been going to Cyprus for many years now and have stayed in many of the five star hotels, including approximately 14 times in the five star hotel that is a near neighbour of the Amathus and now part of the same group. Having had issues with sunbeds and space for sunbathing at the previous hotel, we decided to give the Amathus a try as we have always admired their sweeping lawns and the amount of space there is around the sunbeds on the grass. We went with an open mind but we were obviously going to compare everything between the two hotels.

We arrived quite late in the evening but were warmly welcomed by the porters and our luggage taken from us. We also had a warm welcome from the receptionist and while checking in a cold drink appeared. We were soon in our room on the third floor and were very pleasantly surprised. Everything in the room looked new and modern and appeared to have everything we needed. Our luggage soon appeared and the porter was very helpful and even asked us if we had enough coat hangers. I loved the modern bathroom even though it appeared quite small, it was very modern and clean. It didn't have a walk in shower but did have a monsoon type shower and a hand held shower over the bath. It had a good hairdryer on the wall (there was also another one in the bedroom drawer) and an illuminated make up mirror. The toiletries were lovely.

There were coffee and tea making facilities in the room and plenty of wardrobe space but drawer space was fairly limited (a lot of space is taken up with the mini bar and glasses etc). The view from our room 318 was great, overlooking the pool and the beach.

After unpacking we went down to the Nu Bar and had a snack and a drink where both the service and the food was great.

Normally we do the beach path walk before breakfast but on our first day we decided to give it a miss and go to breakfast. We were greeted warmly and asked whether we would like to sit inside or outside and shown to a table, then the young lady asked if I would like an orientation of the breakfast buffet and she showed me where everything was, including a yoghurt bar where you can choose the type of yoghurt you want and various fruits and nuts to go on top. We were then asked what we would like to drink and our coffee arrived quickly. The breakfast selection is vast and the staff can't do enough for you.

After breakfast we decided to go and find some sunbeds. You are given cards to get towels from a lovely man down in the lift lobby at beach level. This system seems to work very well. We hardly stepped out on to the lawns when we were approached by pool boys wanting to help us. I have never stayed in a hotel where the pool boys have been so great (except perhaps in Malaysia). They let you choose where you want to go and then they wipe down the beds and give you as many umbrellas as you wish. They only have to see you trying to move your sunbed and they are there to help if you need them to. The security guard even offered to help me move my umbrella on one occasion!

We like to go out to local restaurants so we only ate in the hotel three times in the evenings. We wanted to try Limanaki but there was some unusual weather while we were there and on the night we wanted to go it was exceptionally windy and quite chilly so we didn't get to try that restaurant this time, although we have eaten there in previous years before it was renovated. There is another new restaurant called the Grill Room but after looking at the menu we decided that it would have suited my husband but not me as I am vegetarian. Therefore we went to the Italian evening and also ate A la Carte one evening in the Kalypso restaurant and in the Nu Bar on our first night. Everything we had to eat was excellent as was the service. One tiny suggestion is that it would be nice to have candles on the tables on the inside terrace the same as they do on the outside tables.

I know everyone says the staff are wonderful but they really are special, they all have a "can do" attitude and come across as genuinely wanting to help the guests and have an interest in them having a good holiday. I was so impressed with the staff at this hotel. There was a lady who cleaned the reception and Nu Bar area and she was always busy polishing and plumping cushions and always had a lovely smile for you. All of the cleaners where ever you saw them spoke to you, the porters were lovely, the pool boy, the girls and boys serving drinks and food outside, the girls in the Nu Bar especially Svetlana, and the staff in the restaurants and reception were all great and it makes such a difference to your holiday.

I am quite fussy and I thought I would have a list of negatives but I don't. I thought I had found one fault as when we arrived there were no hooks in the bathroom for the bath robes but half way through the holiday two hooks appeared on the bathroom door as if by magic!

The only thing that bothered me slightly when sitting out on the covered terrace for breakfast was the amount of birds that fly in and walk over the tables and peck at the food when guests are away from their tables getting food. Maybe they need some cats but then not all guests would be happy with that idea. The other option is to sit inside but the view from the front line tables is lovely.

All in all I have to say that I prefer the pool at the Four Seasons as the main pool at the Amathus is not so big or interesting and seemed to be taken over by children when we were there. There is an adult only pool but it has no views and it didn't really appeal to me. Having said that we were more than happy on the grass area with lots of space around us and lovely views of the sea and it was only a short walk to the pool if you wanted to use it. Of course there is also a fantastic indoor pool with jacuzzi, steam and sauna which would be particularly good if you had a winter holiday. We didn't try the gym but it looked very good and was very well used.

We had a superb holiday and I would certainly consider this hotel again and that is mainly due to the staff and the space!

Room Tip: The views from the sea view rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TwigsOxford
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking so much time to post your detailed review of our hotel on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your husbmand enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.

We are indeed very fortunate to have 200 meters of sea frontage and 4,000m2 of immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens, so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed this benefit of our hotel. Our sumptuous breakfast in the spectacular setting of our Kalypso Restaurant Terrace is very popular amongst our guests, and I was glad to read that this was one of your highlights.

Most of all, your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team create for our guests.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Amathus, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.

Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 17 June 2014

An amazing, luxurious hotel with very friendly and helpful staff that offers an excellent service. Internet could be a bit faster but it was still satisfying. Had some delicious food including a rich breakfast, and had some good nights sleep (which i didn't have for a while :) ). Really want to come back and I am certainly recommending it!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1Malvina
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Your fantastic review describes what we strive for every day – thank you so much. It will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to our team.We look forward to welcoming you back soon. With all good wishes,

email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife came to Cyprus to visit friends. We decided to celebrate our meeting in Amathus Brach Hotel by the pool. We got an excellent service, food, drinks and wievs. This hotel is definitely one of the best hotels I have been!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ints R
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit at the Amathus. I am delighted to read your kind comments on the experience and to read how much you enjoyed the service, food, drinks and views of our hotel. I will share your feedback with the team here and I hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
Andreas Georegiou
email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I enjoyed a lovely (but short) holiday here. It was recommended to me by a business partner staying in Cyprus who knew this hotel well. The rooms I stayed in were completely new, on the third floor with a very modern design and all the necessary facilities with free coffee and tea which was a nice addition. Most of the nights I was eating in their wonderful Limanaki restaurant which opened just the day before I arrived - really a top dining location, right next to the sea (literally on the beach), very stylish decor, delicious food and friendly service. Don't miss it when you are there! Other than that the hotel also has nice swimming pools, clean beaches, friendly staff, fitness centre with very good instructors and incredible desserts in the Newbar...all which add to a great holiday!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are brand new
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. I was really pleased to read your kind words and have passed them on to my great team at the hotel. Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.

My best regards,
Email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at amathus.Beautiful interior,a lot of amenities but more importantly great service,polite and willing to help you!maybe a nicer beach and to be closer to the city center I would have said,perfect stay!two thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank a1leonidou
Dear Reviewer,
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Amathus. I am truly happy to learn that you had such a great experience with our staff. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations.
Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Email: ageorgiou@amathushotel.com
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I spent last weekend in the hotel with my wife and two children.

We enjoyed every moment in the hotel...from the moment we arrived! We liked the beach area, the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor) and the restaurants. The hotel is recently refurbished (I think), looks new, feels nice and clean. Excellent location as well.

The hotel people were very polite and we felt extremely well looked after, they always had suggestions that proved to be very helpful, they even made reservations for us for front row sea-beds. Especially front desk manager and his staff were very helpful and patient from our time of arrival with children accommodation, beds etc. and throughout our stay.

As far as architecture is concerned the hotel was designed by TAC (Walter Gropius - The Architects Collaborative) and a local firm, and as an architect I very much appreciated its minimal but at the same time luxurious interior space, with exposed retarded concrete and designers furniture. Excellent piece of architecture which definitely stands out in Limassol...

We are visiting the hotel in the near future, for sure.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have balconies, which is a must if you intend to spend much time in the room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. I was really pleased to read that we met your expectations in terms of the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. Your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them.

Our Hotel is a great place to relax and I do hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again in the near future.