“Not just luxury, the staff are wonderful”

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff at this hotel were marvellous with my father when my mum was taken ill during their stay. They looked out for Dad until we could travel to support him, and every single staff member was genuinely concerned for her welfare. I can't praise them enough.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, but sea view is always special wherever you go.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue P
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review for the Amathus!

I wish and hope that your mother has got well and by now she has fully recovered.

Your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be glad to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine pleasure to read about the memorable moments our team creates for our guests.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and we, the entire team of the Amathus look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your parents back at the Amathus, under much better circumstances.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned from a wonderful family weekend at The Amathus in Limassol. From the initial bookings the reservations department were very helpful and understanding. They noted our request for early check in and late check out because we had an infant with us and where possible our request was granted.

The staff were very polite and friendly and very kind to the children. Their interest in them was genuine and free full board is offered to all children under 12 for selected summer months.

Special thanks to Mr Charis for taking care of us during lunch and to Mr Demetris the Chef for showing interest in our son's love of chefs! There is a very inviting ice-cream stand at the buffet and the kids always looked forward to their desert.

The children's pool has a wonderful huge umbrella inside which offers constant shade for the children and toys are also offered to them to play. There are 2 stretches of beach which are available for swimming. One of them, again has a huge umbrella under which there are children toys for them to play on the sand.

There was a lovey magic show on the Friday night which they enjoyed outside on the grass.

I wish all hotels in Cyprus could be of such a high level of standard and service - The Amathus is a hotel which shows true respect to the customer.

Room Tip: The Superior Inland Rooms are ideal for a family of 4. They are large enough for a big double bed, a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking so much time to post your detailed review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you and your family.
I am always very proud to read about the outstanding service our team provides to our guests, and the memorable moments they create. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with all and especially with Charis and Demetris.
I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Amathus, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fantastic hotel with everything you need to relax and have a pleasant stay. The service is superb, the rooms are luxurious and very comfortable. The place is highly recommended to those who want to escape from the daily routine and receive an outstanding service

• Stayed: July 2014
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing the Amathus for your recent stay, and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We appreciate very much your kind comments about our service and our rooms.
We have already passed your encouraging feedback to our Team members. It is always inspiring for them to read such positive feedback regarding the service they provide to our guests.
Thanks a lot for your support. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future. Please contact me directly at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com when planning your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for two
weeks and had an absolutely fabulous time. The hotel itself and it's facilities are excellent - as is the food in the restaurants - you certainly won't go hungry! What really set it apart from the rest though was the exceptional service from the staff. Everyone we encountered was polite, friendly and extremely helpful. I would especially like to mention Evi and Evelyn from the Kalypso restaurant, Terrace restaurant and Limanaki restaurant who went out of their way to make our holiday more enjoyable with their thoughtful and attentive service. Would love to come back to this hotel - next time would definitely request a sea view room though as the one thing that was lacking from our room - lovely though it was - was a balcony with a view.

1  Thank FoxyMrsCoxy

Dear Reviewer,
We were delighted that you chose Amathus for your recent visit to Cyprus and to read your fantastic review. We are truly happy to learn you had such a great experience with our staff, and especially with Evi and Evelyn. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations. As I always do, I have shared your comments about our delicious food with our Executive Chef and his brigade.
We do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Amathus, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This felt like a Caribbean hotel, but without the tedium of a long haul flight. Our overriding impression was of a hotel that was run purely to give guests the best holiday (or business) experience possible, without putting profits first; this is a very rare find these days.
We spoke to many of the staff, who without exception, did their jobs to the highest standard, but more importantly with charm, grace, and a genuine pride in their work- a credit to a top level management team.
Our sea view room was stylish, comfortable and immaculately maintained, particularly the evening service -bathrooms were completely re-cleaned after our post beach showers, so they were lovely to use in the morning too.
We originally booked Bed and Breakfast, as we enjoy eating out in local restaurants, but after experiencing the delicious breakfast options, we took advantage of the half board meal offer (essentially pay for 5 nights, eat for 7) which worked perfectly for our 10 night stay. Both lunch and evening dining offered freshly prepared, varied and expansive options, only our waistlines are complaining!
Choices are set to be even better now, as guests can have the option of dining at the Four Seasons Hotel's range of restaurants ( next door) so can enjoy a different venue every night; one small point however-the buffet (and evening entertainment programme for that matter) appear to be run on a weekly rotation which is fine if you are there for a week, not so great if for a fortnight, so take advantage of the flexible dining package if you can?
The hotel's private beach, pools and grounds are all beautiful, Limassol town is a 10 minute bus (or taxi) ride away, with it's historic Old Town, and brand new Marina, so perfect for people watching.
Overall, we cannot fault the Amathus Beach Limassol; if you can, you are either extremely hard to please, or lucky enough to usually stay at 7* hotels... The smugness level of your choice will be increased if you paid a reduced price (late/early/repeater booking maybe) as it is a lovely feeling to get MORE than your money's worth for a change!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are all newly refurbished with high quality fittings, the suites not done yet, so...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking so much time to post your detailed review of our hotel on this website.
I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you.
Your feedback regarding our personnel was such a pleasure to read, and I will be delighted to pass your kind words on to them. For me personally it is a genuine delight to read about the memorable moments our team create for our guests.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Refined luxury hotel with amazing services and locations.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming .
Food is very tasty .
Concierge were very welcoming with always a smile on their face.
Well done.
I highy recommend it to all my friends ,relatives & clients .
Since i am an Airline Manager,
I will
Definitely recommend it as a highly friendly welcoming hotel

1  Thank Siwink
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for posting such a nice review, following your recent stay at the Amathus. It’s wonderful reading about your satisfaction.
I am truly happy to learn that you had such a great experience with our personnel. It is rewarding to know our team has fulfilled your expectations. As I always do, I will share your kind words with my brilliant team who makes this all happen.
It is also very kind of you to recommend our hotel to all your friends, relatives and clients.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you very soon at the Amathus. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit once again our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I have been twice yearly visitors to this wonderful hotel for a number of years and have just returned from our first visit this year. The hotel is under new ownership and various subtle changes have been made by the new owners, the most outstanding one of which is the refurbishment to the Liminaki Fish Restaurant which now must be rated as one of the finest fish restaurants in Cyprus, if not the whole of the Eastern Mediterranean. The setting is simply idyllic and is highly recommended. The restaurant is further enhanced by the opening of the new Lighthouse Bar where you can enjoy a cocktail or drinks before or after your meal by the side of the Mediterranean. The adult swimming pool ( over 16 years of age only) remains a haven of tranquillity and long should it remain so. The standard of service from the General Manager, Mr Andreas Georgiou and all of his staff is remarkably high, especially the Housekeeping staff whose excellence far exceeds the expected high standard. We are looking forward to our return visit in September and have no hesitation in recommending this glorious hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a sea-view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter528773
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you ever so much for posting such a wonderful review!
At the Amathus, we continuously strive to exceed our guests’ expectations through training and development of our personnel. Therefore your feedback is very important to us, especially from such faithful patrons as you, since you mention that you are twice yearly visitors to the Amathus!
I am also delighted to know about your triple excellent experience at the renovated Limanaki Fish Restaurant.
Thank you once again for sharing your experience with me, and we, the entire team of the Amathus look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Amathus in September for another unforgettable experience.