“Home sweet home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
“Home sweet home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

It feels like coming back home for returning guests. This is our third visit to Amathus. It is the superior customer service that makes us come back every time. Special thanks to Angelina Koftoun for the warm welcome and Antonis Kyriacou for inviting us for the hotel tour. There is always something new to find out about this amazing hotel even if you are a repeat guest. Room tip: If you are traveling with two kids you have to give up the sea view. Only street view rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids. All of the floors are newly renovated but rooms on the 3rd floor are the ones that were renovated the latest. If you prefer a king bed rather than 2 twins next to each other make sure to ask for one ahead of time. There are a few rooms that have this nice add on. We were in room 325 and it has one.

Stayed August 2014
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Marina A,

Thank you ever so much for your outstanding review. It was a real pleasure for me to know how much you enjoyed your recent stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol.

As you know from your numerous visits at the Amathus, we continuously strive to exceed our guests’ expectations through training and development of our personnel; therefore your feedback is very important to us, especially from such faithful patrons as you!

I am always very proud to read about the outstanding service our team provides to our guests, and the memorable moments they create. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with all and especially with Angelina Koftoun and Antonis Kyriakou.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with me, and we, the entire team of the Amathus look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Amathus on 3 September 2014 for another unforgettable experience.

Amathus Beach Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed for 12 nights in aSuperior inland view room which slept 2 adults and 2 kids. The room was refurbished recently and was very comfortable. The standard and frequency of room cleaning was very high. Although breakfast times could be very busy the quality of food and the service was excellent. All the staff were attentive and provided great service.
We spent a lot of the time in the garden area which was spacious enough to give you a degree of freedom.
Two negative points were the kids club which is a small room providing limited facilities and the internet access which is very poor for a 5 star hotel. I provided feedback to the management and they have responded stating they will address the issues.
Overall we had a wonderful time at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mr. RichardB,

Thank you for taking time to write your constructive comments on the TripAdvisor and highly rate our hotel.

I was sorry to read that our free wireless internet service was slow. Please note that I have already given instructions to our IT associate, if necessary, to upgrade it the soonest, so as to avoid such comments from our guests.
On our next management meeting agenda, I have added the issue you have raised about our Juniors’ Club and I can assure you that we shall take all necessary measures so as to enrich our activities offered until now.
I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Amathus. Please feel free to contact me at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com whenever you decide to visit again the Amathus.

Haifa District, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was in the hotel for 3 days, for a business tour on a half board service.
It was a pleasure staying as the Hotel has a wonderful sea view, luxury rooms, great spa and good food.

The hotel staff was very polite and useful.
All the facilities, including the room, were in good condition and felt like they are kept as clean as possible.
The lobby is lovely and big enough so we even used the it to interview potential employees.
I would surly recommend the hotel for business visit ,for couples.
regarding visiting with children, I can say, although I saw many families.

Room Tip: take the sea view side
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elAlladin
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ElAlladid,
Thank you for choosing the Amathus for your recent stay, and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate very much your kind comments about our service and especially for our Spa and food.

We have already passed your encouraging feedback to our Team members. It is always inspiring for them to read such positive comments regarding the service they provide to our guests.

Thanks a lot for your support. I look forward to welcoming you back at the Amathus in the near future. Please contact me directly at ageorgiou@amathushotel.com when planning your next visit to Cyprus.

Kind regards
larnaca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Everything is perfect..the service, the cleaning, the personel..just perfect. there is nothing negative.. the food fantastic. Try the Limanaki restaurant down to the sea..is so romantic and the food so good. It is expensive but its worth it. The most amazing thing except from the decoration and cleaned all day every minute places of the hotel, is the SERVICE. Reception, kitchen, bar, pool, housekeeping personel AMAZING. Goodgradulations to the General Manager and the high training standards and the effort that all these people are doing just to please the customer. I also recommend for families this hotel because they have a very good kids club and teachers speak russian. english and greek.
Some recommendations
1.It would have been good if you had a seperate ice cream menu from the general one in the lobby area..
2.Barbeque events during lunch time.
3.Stop the prepaid accomodation rule especially for Cypriots.
4. The gym is also nice with all nesscary equipment. It would have been really nice if you offered in the morning hours some team programs. you have the place any way.
In general we recommend this hotel 100%. We had a lovely time and hope we visit again.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same. modern and comfortable. luxury i can say
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear MarinaLarnaca,

I thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent visit to the Amathus.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the location and service you received during your stay and that our Team has met your overall expectations.

All your great suggestions will be discussed during our next management meeting and all necessary decisions will be taken on the spot.

Most of all, many thanks for your great comments about the Limanaki Fish Restaurant that after its recent renovation is the talk of the town. It offers to our guests a unique sensory experience with its expanded territory with an ocean-view, private beach-front dining tents as well as an upgraded menu with healthy local and international sea food delicacies.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us, and I look forward to welcoming you very soon at the Amathus.

With kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week during my business trip. Common areas of hotel such as lobby and bars had very nice atmosphere with good music playing in background. I felt hotel rooms, although clean and fully equipped, were a bit small and outdated.
Breakfast buffet provided extensive choice while lunch buffet was usually less exciting. We spent the full week in the hotel meeting room. The meeting room's air conditioning was leaking and by the end of the day the carpet was soaked in one corner of the room. There was also a slight smell of mildew. No other area of the hotel had any problem like this.
We spent an enjoyable evening in the hotel outdoor lounge/ shisha bar watching the World Cup. Service generally exceeded expectations throughout the stay.
We did not have time to enjoy the pool,beach of spa areas of the hotel during our stay, but they looked very appealing.

Stayed July 2014
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Suzanne L,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol. I am glad that generally you enjoyed your business visit at the Amathus. Of course I am very sorry that we have not met all of your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and to commit myself that on your next visit to the Amathus we will exceed your expectations.

Unfortunately, during your business stay at the Amathus, we experienced a problem with the gutter of the conference room you were using for your meeting. Immediately, we switched off the water supply of the damaged gutter and at the same time suggested to the conference organizer to move your meeting to another conference room. The conference organizer preferred to remain in the same conference room, since he did not want to move to another floor (all conference rooms on the floor your meeting was taking place were already occupied by other conference organizers). However, I can assure you that we fixed immediately this unexpected problem and replaced the damaged carpet as soon as your meeting was over.

Being a member of “The Leading Hotels of the Worlds” and “the Leading Spas”, we continuous inspect our existing dining value proposals, as we do with all of our services in the hotel, and we take immediate action where and when necessary. However, I was glad to note that you appreciated our breakfast buffet, as well as the service we provided throughout your stay.

Andreas D. Georgiou
Nicosia District, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

A repeat customer of the Amathus. For me its the overall experience: Service, Comfort and Scenery.
Decided to have a Holiday within Cyprus and Amathus was the choice as has never failed in the past to meet my expectations.
Great refurbishment of the Limanaki Taverna that sits by the seafront very harmoniously.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea View Room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank George G
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear George G.,

It was really wonderful reading about your satisfaction. Your feedback is very important to us, especially from such faithful patrons as you!

Your comments regarding our services was such a pleasure to read, and I will be glad to share your rating with our personnel.

Many thanks for your great comments about the Limanaki Fish Restaurant that after its renovation is the talk of the town, with its expanded territory and ocean-view, private beach-front dining tents as well as an upgraded menu with healthy local and international sea food delicacies, offering guests a unique sensory experience.

With kind regards,

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

At short notice, we scheduled a four day weekend get-away from Europe for some time at the beach in Cyprus. We were overwhelmed by the genuine and friendly service at the Amathus Beach Hotel. We booked a sea-view room with an exceptional view of the Limassol Beach on the fourth floor that was spacious, immaculately clean, with tile floor, a comfortable bed and ample desk and storage space. The room was fitted with two flat screen televisions and reliable free Wifi. The bath had a shower-tub combination. Air conditioning was fantastic and quiet, and we slept soundly each night. We felt very safe and extremely comfortable throughout our stay at the hotel.

The property is right at the beach; whether it's the full size swimming pool or the beach, proximity to the water is a key feature. The ocean beach was protected and perfect for swimming and sunning. The spa was wonderful and very tranquil - and the gym was outfitted with the latest equipment and a helpful trainer. The facilities were expertly staffed and run crisply. The front office and bell staff could not have been more welcoming; they were always available to ensure our full enjoyment of the property. While the hotel was full at the peak of the summer holiday season, we always felt we were valued personal guests of the property. While we do not have children, the resort definitely is family friendly; everyone - young and old - seemed to enjoy themselves while on holiday. Breakfast each morning was enjoyable and ample to the standard of large resort dining.

A highlight for us was the hotel's arranging a third party tour of the Lemesos Castle and Kourion archeological sites for one day that was informative and opened our eyes to the beauty and great history of Cyprus. Access to downtown Limassol for a evening meal in the old town was easily arranged by taxi.

We most enjoyed our stay at the Amathus Beach Hotel. The excellent service and setting of this by-the-beach property are not to be missed when visiting Cyprus.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a high floor sea-view room with a superb view; don't miss a sunset drink at the groun...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas G, General Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear OnTravel4Ever,

Thank you for taking so much time to post your detailed review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience for you both.
We are indeed very fortunate to have 200 meters of sea frontage and 4,000m2 of immaculate sunbathing lawn gardens, so I was pleased to read that you enjoyed this benefit of our hotel.
I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the Amathus, for what I am sure will be another unforgettable experience.