“Exellent Hotel”

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 22 July 2009

according to some previous reviews written on this website about the hotel,we have had some worries about it because we already have made our reservation in this hotel for our honeymoon.
but as soon as we arrived to amathus hotel in limassol all our worries faded away.
it is a fascinating and outstanding place.the location is great.the room was perfect (they upgraded our room to a seaview room).the service was incredible starting from the doorman,to the room service staff,even the manager of the hotel assisted us personally and made sure that we are satisfied and that our stay would be unforgettable.
every one that goes to cyprus should go to this hotel because everything in it is great and excellent.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockLebanon
Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed 21 July 2009

My wife and I heard the news when we visited the Amathus Beach Hotel in 2008, this related to a remarkable face lift covering the period from Christmas 2008 and reopening 25th April 2009, so you can imagine our feelings when we had made our reservations for June 2009.

Will these new modifications compare with the “Old Amathus” we had got so used to!

When the taxi arrived at the entrance, familiar faces greeted us with “nice to see you back again”. What a surprise, all the alterations were shown and appreciated by us, the new gymnasium with it’s new equipment for the enthusiasts, and a choice of restaurants, ably managed by the Head Chef and his team, serving up gastronomic delights to satisfy any request.

The “Limanaki” Restaurant is quite a romantic place to visit, by the sea, and serving freshly caught fish, a full moon and your partner sharing, what more does one ask for?

Occasionally “theme” nights are popular such as “Cyprus” night with the locals providing the dancing and encouraging guests to join them.

The “Nu” Bar has been resited to its advantage, and the extra space used for seating.

The Hotel has well maintained gardens with extensive lawn areas which are easily accessible to the beach and sea.

All the staff were so helpful and obliging that we decided to revisit this superb hotel in 2010.

Thanks again for another wonderful holiday.

Mr and Mrs F R Moss
Room 346

1  Thank Journeyman54
Reviewed 20 July 2009

This Hotel is one of the Finest hotels my wife & i have ever had the pleasure to visit & spend 10 glorious nights whilst in the company of some of the finest facilities,food,service & most importantly, staff on the wonderful island of Cyprus.
This Hotel has really got it right in all its Various departments(from Doorman through to Hotel manager).No requests were to small or to large & always met with a smile, be it requesting a beverage or snack around one of the Three immaculate pools or taking time out (from the wonderful weather this island appears to be blessed with) & relaxing in the shade at the Hotels Beachside Bar.
HANDY TIPS whilst staying at the AMATHUS BEACH HOTEL,Limassol :
Try to book a room on the 1st Floor & sea view.All rooms on this floor have been redesigned and the furnishings,fittings,bathroom & Views are 5 STAR.

Make sure you book HALF BOARD.The Cusine on offer here from any one of the five restaurants & the attention afforded to every diner by the staff is highly recommended.

For the odd night when you want a change of scenery & entertainment pop across the road and off to the right is STRAY CATS LOUNGE BAR & RESTAURANT.Where you can Watch your Cocktail being prepared(Mojitos are highly recommended !!) & relax to Live CYPRIOT-GREEK MUSIC.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardstill
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I was quite surprised to read some of the disparaging reviews of this hotel and I have to say, I completely (for the most part, anyway) disagree with them.

The Amathus has been recently refurbished - and very tastfully too (though I concede that decor is a matter of personal preference). The bar, the terrace and the reception (all on the ground floor are airy and bright. As you walk into the main entrance, through the mini waterful to the reception all you see in front of you is floor to ceiling glass, and beyond, one of the most stunning views that any hotel, anywhere in the world could purport to offer. It is spotless throughout. The new rooms on the first floor (floors 2-4 are due to follow suit soon) have been beautifully redecorated and refurnished in sandy tones (though not before time I admit). The new spa is really something to see. The grounds are stunning, immaculate and maticulously tendered to. The pools are the traditional swimming pool shape, but the beauty of this hotel is in its unfussiness. From every area of the grounds - the pools (indoor and outdoor), lawns, beach bars or the beach, the views are simply breathtaking.

There are an abundance of restaurants, offering more than enough quality and variety, from italian or themed buffets under the stars (though I agree with a previous review - some more music here to add to the atmosphere would not go amiss), to table d'hote or the excellent oriental cuisine, and the jewel in the crown, the fish taverna at the water's edge, open between May and October.

Most of the key staff - senior waiters, receptionists, doormen etc have been working here for decades. The hotel's continued loyalty and commitment to its staff (and vice versa) is a refreshing change in today's world, and their friendliness and commitment to service remains a pleasure to see. True, perhaps one or two of the younger generation might learn a thing or two from their bosses in terms of the standard of hosiptality that guests require in such a hotel, but these are minor gripes. Those that clearly take their careers in the industry seriously make it known, and those that do not will, I am sure, be let go.

No, the hotel is not cheap, but it is not over the top expensive either, and I think, in terms of quality and service, you tend to get what you pay for. Look for bargains such as happy hour drinks every evening in the bar - you can relax on the beautiful outdoor terrace enjoying your half price cocktails, overlooking nothing but an oasis of sand and palm trees and the Med. And also check the website for special offers - I stayed on a free half-board basis.

From our very first night we were made to feel so welcome and at home. Nothing was too much trouble. Every effort was made to tender to our needs and each of the next 10 days was exactly the same. Wonderful weather, wonderful service. Great, fresh food. A beautiful, classic, elegant, relaxing, peaceful and wonderfully welcoming hotel. Yes, it has had its ups and downs over the years, but for sheer beauty and relaxation this is still, in my opinion, the best on the island.

2  Thank RJS3
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This year my family holiday was decided on the destination of Cyprus, i have never been before and i was stunned with how beautiful the country is, so much beauty and history. I travelled with my husband, and 2 children who are 8 & 12.

When i go on holiday i like nice hotels that also cater for my children which i always find very difficult beleive it or not! This year the travel agent recomended the Amathus Beach in Limassol which i had never heard of and i was pleasantly suprised when i arrived, it was a beatiful hotel in a great location, only a short drive to the centre and was a great base to explore the island which we did so by a hire car.

The staff at this hotel pulled out all the stops to make sure our holiday was perfect, the service was fanatstic and they couldnt do anything further to make us feel as welcome as we did, even down to the pool staff and cleaning maids. The days we spent in the hotel were of me and my husband relaxing while our children were looked after in the hotels childrens club, they were away having fun playing games and making pictures etc in the club from about 11 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon, which really helped for us to relax and even get a spa treatment or two in.

We ate in the hotel a few nights, once in the Cyan restaurant which was delicious and very well presented with a lovely atmosphere and also in there oriental restaurant asicahi which was so good, we are a family that love a nice chinese on a friday night and the food in this restaurant was outstanding, i dont thing our local chinese takeaway at home will ever taste the same now we have eaten in the asiachi! The only thing i would say and it is a minor point but needs to be said that the restaurants that we dined in were a bit too smart for a 8 and 12 year old.

We had 2 sea view interconnecting rooms which was perfect for us, good size and had the internal door so we could keep a eye on the kids when they were asleepn at night, it meant me and my husband could enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony of a night time without whispering!

I was very happy with the holiday and it suited my requirements, i had a great 5 star hotel with 5 star facilities, a fab spa, top service and my kids were very well looked after by staff that even remembered our names at the end of our holiday. I will definatly be returning to this hotel and to Cyprus, a beautiful hotel in a beautiful country.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mskarenLondon
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We stayed in AMATHUS Two Weeks. Cuisine is very good, beach , gym, bars are very nice. About every evening -special programs- magician (!) , Cyprus dances, Latin dances etc. Very good children club PELIKAN! Very polite services. In brief-nice!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MoscowPaul
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I have just returned from the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol with my husband where we had a fantastic time. The Hotel is amazing, as soon as you walk into the hotel you are welcomed by a nice big bright reception that overlooks the beautiful sea views. We stayed in one of there newly refurbished sea view rooms, the room was very modern and the bed and chairs were so comfortable, beautifully decorated and a good amount of space, the view from the balcony is magnificent, really has to be seen to be beleived!

our first night we ate in the asiachi restaurant which again had magnificent sea views and the food was delicious, definatly what we would expect from a 5star hotel, after our first visit to this restaurant we ate there a further 3times in our stay. We also ate one night in the Liminaki fish taverna and my god the food was AMAZING......all different kinds of fresh fish served to you on the waters edge, the most romantic dinner of my life!

We spent alot of our days relaxing by the very clean pool areas, the pool staff were always on hand to bring drinks and snacks and the service was exceptional. We took a visit to the spa and i was blown away, I have never been to a spa of this standard and i have been to many spas in my lifetime, its very relaxed, very nicely lit and the treatments myself and my husband had were top standard, i had a thai massage and the girl done a fantastic job, if you ever find yourself in this hotel you would be mad not to visit there spa!

overall i was very impressed with this hotel, the facilities and the service, i could not of have had better holiday. I will definatly be returning with my husband next year.

1  Thank greatholiday44