“Fantastic”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
London
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I have been to Cyprus many times before as it is one of my favourite destinations, the food is great and the people are so welcoming. If you ever find yourself in Cyprus you must take a trip up the Troodos Mountains, amazing with a lovely taverna at the top. Also take a trip to the market in Limassol old town, you can pick up some really great souvenirs and it’s a nice day out. I travelled at the beginning of Sept and the temperature was still very good, sometimes a bit too hot.

I stayed in the Amathus Beach in Limassol for my summer holiday this year and I was overly impressed, I’ve stayed in quite a few of the 5 star hotels in Cyprus and even though they are all very remarkable I have to admit the Amathus has been my best so far. I stayed in this hotel about 6 or 7 years back and it has changed drastically, for the better, I didn’t even recognise the hotel from the inside. The food in the restaurants was perfect and so much choice, I decided to go half board with the euro being a bit rubbish at the moment and I was a little worried that I would be eating the same food every few days but I needed not worry as I ate a different meal each night and we got a allowance to eat in there fish restaurant on the beach one night so made our meal loads cheaper.

The spa they have done is brilliant, so many treatments to choose from and very reasonably priced too, I certainly wasn’t expecting the spa to be as good as it was. I recommend the royal Thai massage myself.

I now have major holiday blues after returning from such a fantastic holiday!

1 Thank Hannah1985London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, France
Reviewed 25 September 2009

nothing to add more than already mentionned
all is fine , good location , nice staff and food ok
furthermore , taking a cab , you are 10 minutes away from any downtown restaurant
i would recommend sea view rooms
will come back

1 Thank illyushin
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 17 September 2009

A very nice hotel, with interesting newly done decor!!! Super friendly staff treating you as a king!!! Very convenient location -close to the ancient sites of the city- that made our lives easier in terms of sightseing and dine around as there is a selection of pubs &
restaurants nearby.

1 Thank Riri23
nederland
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We've just returned form our holidays in Limassol amathus. After two times Paphos Amathus and one time Rhodos we decided this year to go to Limassol.
A bit concerned about the hotel because of the negative reviews at this site!!
We really don't understand the negativism.
The hotel looks great after the renovation. The lobby area with the nice design furniture, the restaurants (kalypso with leolux chairs!! yes!! HOLLAND!!!), everything looks modern and stylish also.
The rooms at the first floor are really perfect, even new bathrooms.
Some critical notes:
- the swimmingpool isn't ideal for children at the age of +/- 6+; the children's pool is too childish, the big pool starts at 1.40 m.
- for the half board guest there is no choise in restaurant possible; (or you have to take 17,50 euro reduction) Mostly the half board is a buffet at the terraza restaurant. For us it would be better to have a choise between table d 'hote or buffet. (like in Paphos)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank anoniemNederland
Stockholm
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Amathus Hotel. After reading all these nice reviews we decided to visit this newly renovated hotel.

From the time we entered the lobby we felt very welcomed and the view from there was really amazing. I was really impressed with the service that we have received from start to finish. All staff is so friendly and helpful. The hotel looks very nice and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a newly renovated superior room. However the sparkling jewel of the hotel is its Spa. I have booked with my wife a Swedish massage and we had the chance to enjoy it together in the same treatment room specially designed for couples. It was really a relaxing experience.

Thank you all at the Amathus for a wonderful stay. We can’t wait to return back.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Affluent
Gent
Reviewed 5 August 2009

It had been a long time since we had last been to Limassol and the Amathus Beach Hotel. The hotel has been renovated last year and it looks stunning! Very modern and trendy and still they managed to maintain that warm and friendly atmosphere.
Also Limassol has changed a lot over the past years. The old town and the tourist strip look very nice and clean with palmtrees everywhere, comfortable side walks and lots of opportunities (shopping, nightlife). We very much enjoyed the new beach front path for jogging or a romantic walk to watch the sunset. We have had unforgettable holidays and we will certainly return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JuliekeGent
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We went for our honeymoon. When we arrived the staff were welcoming and friendly. The hotel is lovely inside and very clean. The cocktails are gorgeous but pricy when it isn't happy hour. I found the food to be very nice and each evening was themed with a different country. The food there was much nicer than near by restaurants but again very pricey. Our room had a sea view and it was nice and the beaches, watersports and swimming pools were great. Unfortunately our air con did not work so we slept with the balcony doors open but it was very hot even in April and the sound of the sea could keep you awake a bit. The TV channels also did not have any English. Only Greek and German. When we went to play tennis that we booked we had to push off some locals who were using the court. And they were not too happy and hung about so we felt a bit awkward and left. The rooms were clean and staff were friendly but I was expecting a wow factor with it being 5* and "one of the leading hotels of the world". I would never pay that much again just to be guarenteed a clean room. I would stay at a 3* and take my chances! Some I have stayed at have been just as good. Also, If you stay nearby you can still eat there and use some of their facilities.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple