“Fantastic place to be back”

Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Leipzig, Germany
“Fantastic place to be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2010

The hotel location is just perfect to relax -a bit away from the turistic center and still within a walk or a short ride to the places of interest and night life center. Bars and restaurants just acroos the road.The hotel itself is recently renovated and impress with its fasilities - restaurants,bars, spa, swimming pools and surrounding area,all well distributed and cared of .The greatest thing it has a direct access to the beach. The personal attention we had been receiving from all the personnal,especially would like to mention the reception staff and management -just could not be any better, something many times neglected in many places. It was not our first stay in Cyprus,but definitely the best one!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Petersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

I recently stayed at the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol for a conference. I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the hotel. On first impression when you arrive you walk into a beautiful new reception area and bar, which is great. All the public areas have recently been renovated and are top notch.

Unfortunately it all goes downhill when you go up to the rooms. although clean and tidy they are VERY dated and old. We had a room facing inland, which is right next to a main road. The noise from the traffic is load and pretty much constant, boy racers with loud music and people racing between the lights, all day and night.

When I complained first I was told there was nothing the hotel could do, then they said they could move me to a room with triple glazing for an extra €36 a night! Next I tried to log onto the internet, the hotel is billed as free wifi, I could not connect to the internet, this was not just me as none of my colleagues could either. I phoned reception 3 times to ask someone to sought this out, they promised to send someone to my room, no-one arrived. It was the following morning before I could connect to the internet, at which point the connection was so slow it was pointless working from my room. When I came to check out, the hotel tried to charge me €103 for internet, this was eventually deducted after arguing with the reception staff.

The next problem came when I needed to iron my shirts - no iron or ironing board in the room. The hotel staff bought one up I ironed a shirt in the morning, when I returned in the afternoon the iron was gone! Apparently the hotel will not leave it in the room as they did not have enough to go round.

My girlfriend was also travelling with me, she came down at 10am for breakfast (breakfast ends at 10am), the serving staff told her she had to hurry up and walked away mumbling under her breath! Not good service.

Other bad point - Reception staff don't seem to be to well trained, are not helpful and it takes ages to get an answer on anything.

The hotel does have a few good points, nice new public areas, good gym, the ballroom and conference areas are modern and have amazing views. The staff in the bar areas are brilliant, always smiling friendly and polite.

I travel all around the world and my job takes me to many 5 star hotels, I am afraid to say the Amathus is not 5 star, I will not be going back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan9188
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for your very positive comments about our renovated facilities and for the excellent service provided to you by our bars' team.
However we have read with great concern your further comments and with regards to the rest of your points we would like to let you know that we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.
Traffic noise from the main road can sometimes be annoying but it is an issue that affects all hotels in the area and is something that we closely monitor in coordination with the local authorities and lately has considerably been reduced.
Concerning iron and ironing board provision in rooms please note that this is a matter that involves safety issues. Therefore for your own safety iron cannot be left in the rooms and that’s why our housekeeping team can provide ironing service at all times to our guests upon request.
We also respect your points raised about our reception team members but kindly be informed that our company is one of the very few that employs permanently a person that is fully dedicated on the training and development of our team members and therefore your comments will be taken seriously into consideration for further action.
We can only assure you that what you have experienced does not represent the actual image of the Amathus Beach Hotel and the points raised are seldom incidents. Therefore we certainly hope this experience won't deter you from staying with us on future occasions and we hope to give us another chance so to be able to demonstrate our true standards and Amathus Hospitality.

Vassos Kilanis
Hotel Manager
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Amathus Limassol is an amazing hotel with a modern design. The sea view I had from my room was incredible and the room itself was big with a very comfortable bed. All the staff are very kind and the service they provide is great. I have been in a lot of "Leading Hotels of the World" but that one is the best so far. The food is great and if you stay there make sure to get a reservation in their seafood restaurant LImanaki. It is situated right next to the beach and i sware, I never had such a good seabass. Make sure you visit their spa. It is ultra modern, offering various procedures and the masseurs are very experienced. I have been there just for 1 week and I can say that since many years I haven't enjoy my vacation that much.

• Stayed July 2010
neuchatel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

My stay in Amathus Beach Hotel, Limassol was unforgettable. The first impression hotel leaves is its modern design and amazing view from room. Moreover, the rich variety of dining possibilities is outstanding comparing to other Hotels I have been. Asiachi is the place were I sensed a great service, discreet and private atmosphere. To all visitors I would suggest to try crispy duck, it has unforgettable taste. The fish tavern "Limanaki" is place where everyone should go, because of its variety of fresh fish and romantic view. Cyan and La Terazza were great places to have a dinner as well, because of its food possibilities and different entertainment during dinner like concerts, shows etc. For me, as a guest, it is very crucial that I have personal approach from staff members, and it was the right place, because everyone from them put all efforts to satisfy us during our stay. In Amathus Beach Hotel you feel like at home, because everyone is friendly and ensures that everything is perfect. They also have Management cocktails every Monday, it is something I never experienced before, because it is so nice to meet managers and understand, that we are not only making profit for them, but they care what we think and how we feel. The swimming pools are fantastic and there is always enough space and sun beds. Also I tried spa, the moment I entered it I felt like in Heaven, and for me as a Russian speaking person was very nice and surprising from all the staff, that the most of them can speak with me my language. This is the place I will return again, already planning to get extra holidays and go back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

Excellent hotel facilities, perfect location, perfect room service. It was only a problem with the pay tv. The man from the maid service tried to fix it without any luck. It wasn't a big deal though and it is remarkable that the maid service react immediatelly.

• Stayed September 2010
Esher, Surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2010

Amathus beach hotel Limassol

The staff were excellent especially the chamber maids & reception. The breakfast buffet was really 5 star but the 'special romantic' supper at the sea food tavern was the worst meal I have had for years. They rely on their great situation to carry poorly cooked & presented fish. Last night at a little local bistro (El Pesto opposite to the hotel) we were promptly served a selection of warm breads that arrived with olive oil, garlic butter & marvellous pesto. At Limanaki rather dry bread was presented & the waiter looked irritated we asked for butter in spite of butter knives being on the table & he returned with small plastic catering packs of warm butter.  We were then brought out empty plates by one waiter swiftly followed by another who took them away who apologised saying more would come direct from the kitchen. I ordered a cheese flambé  & expected an elegantly cooked dish at the table. What was eventually plonked before me was some cold cheese in breadcrumb soaked in an orange liqueur which the waiter had failed to manage to ignite after several attempts with different cigarette lighters. We were enjoying our Chilean viognier so laughed this off as a joke. I now have about 6 photos of an increasingly grumpy waiter failing to set alight my none too appetising starter! We both love fresh scallops so anticipated a safe main course of grilled scallops with mushrooms.  We were disappointed with overcooked scallops that tasted boiled dry not grilled. I left most of mine & did not even finish the vegetables yet the waiter didn't even ask if our food was satisfactory & the manager never spoke to us all evening. I tipped at all other occasions including porter, chambermaids, drinks in spite of hotel stating service charge is included by law as I felt it was expected & in many cases well deserved but tonight I crossed through tip line & no one even said good night as we left yet alone enquired why we were not happy.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 5 October 2010
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing the Amathus Beach Hotel for your recent stay and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am pleased to read that most of our services and facilities were to your entire satisfaction and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind words and praise about our team members. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.
However I was really sorry to learn of your concerns with your experience in our famous Limanaki Taverna and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

At Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet our guests’ needs and expectations and therefore please be assured that we value all guest comments and I will definitely review the issues raised with my food and beverage management team for further action, as constructive criticism like yours, is of utmost importance and paramount to the quality control of our operation.

Our Limanaki is one of the best fish restaurants found on the island and indeed its location makes it even more unique and special. Over the years has fairly earned an excellent reputation about its service and mostly about its food quality, and I can only assure you that what you have experienced does not represent the actual image of our Limanaki Taverna, and the issues raised are seldom incidents.

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel for which we paid a lot of money. When we arrived late at night on the Saturday we were not offered any meal and all the restaurants seemed to be closed even though we were on HB. We did not sleep at all on the first night due to the fact the AC was making a terrible noise even if you turned it off. We complained the next morning and was told it would be fixed. When we returned to the room later in the day it was still the same. When I went to take some shoes from the wardrobe I found them to be soaking wet along with a couple of long dresses, the whole floor of the wardrobe was soaking. We told front desk and they said it would dry out. We went down to the front desk to find out what would be happening and after a while they agreed to move us to another room which we did. After 4days in the new room we had to ask house keeping if they could change our bed because this had not been done very bad for a 5 star hotel. Also I had arranged with my travel company and the hotel that it was our anniversary and they said they would provide some sparkling wine, never arrived. The AC in the room was not sufficient enough and when you went to get ready in the evening it could become unbearable. Worst of all was the fact I had prearranged with the hotel for a late check out room at a cost of 170 euros for 6 hours extra (far over priced) but on the afternoon of our last day our rep from Sovereign telephoned us whilst at the beach to say they wanted us to move and had been trying to locate us since 12 noon. This disturbed our day. They had forgot to transfer our details from the first room we were in to the second room they placed us in. I also find this bad for a 5 star hotel. Our rep from Sovereign told us that the late check out room would be complimentary due to the problems we had at the beginning of our stay but when I went to settle our account this was not the case, not only did they want me to pay the 170 euros but there were also other charges on the bill for items we had not had on our last day. We were wanting to get a meal of some description before we left for the airport because of our late flight due because of all the bill problems it was too late. I expected more from a 5 star hotel. We have stayed at The Amathus Elite suites in Rhodes and the level of service was far superior. When back in Cyprus we will stay at The Elysium in Paphos which is far superior to this hote.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
AmathusHotels, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this review, 6 October 2010
Dear Amathus Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol on Trip Advisor. I would like to personally express my apologies for the fact that your stay was not up to your expectations.
Being a guest of the Amathus Hotels, you may appreciate that our aim is to strive continuously to improve both our services and our facilities in order to maintain our position as one of the most luxurious hotels in Cyprus and Greece. Therefore, we take very seriously your constructive comments so as to exceed their expectations with our services and amenities.
Firstly, I would like to clarify that in the case of late arrivals of guests on Half Board basis, a meal voucher is offered from the Reception Desk.

I must also express my regret regarding the unpleasant incident with the ventilation and the air-conditioning in your room. Unfortunately, these incidents are sometimes out of our control although we are taking all actions so to prevent such seldom situations. Since the incident in your room was completely unexpected our front desk team members took immediate action and moved you to another room. Please note that our bed mattresses were purchased last year by a very famous company in Switzerland (Elite Mattresses) and have been chosen for the excellent quality and comfort they offer.

Furthermore, and with regards to your Wedding Anniversary, we would like to apologise for the misunderstanding and for not officially being informed. As a policy of our hotel, we offer certain amenities to the guests who have a celebration during their stay at our hotel.

Regarding your late check out request, we confirmed this with yourself from the beginning and prior to your arrival at a certain cost. We apologise for the inconvenience caused on that day, and as an appreciation for the long-term co-operation with you and your Travel Agent, we have waived this fee.

Please feel free to contact me personally on your next visit as I will personally make sure that Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol will regain your confidence in our services and facilities.

Best regards