“An exquisite package all round. Surely lives up to what one expects from a Leading hotel !”

Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I recently hosted a 3-day business conference at the AMATHUS Limassol with deligates from 30 different countries. The majority of the delegates opted for a room at the Amathus. And of-course none of us has second thoughts on our choice.The rooms are superb, the view and especially the sunset view are indeed memorable. What in my orinion makes this hotel stand out form the crowd is their hospitality, the superb service and the quality of the food. In whichever restaurant or bar we were at, the service was simply great! I travel on business 2-3 times a month and I stay in world renowned hotels. The AMATHUS compares level with the best hotels I've been to. Over and above that though, you do get the hospitable staff from the housekeeper to the waiter to the GM himself. What a team! Furthemore the hotel grounds and location are magnificent.
Conference wise, all runned smoothly with the support staff being on our side at all times.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed 7 November 2010

The hotel location is just perfect to relax -a bit away from the turistic center and still within a walk or a short ride to the places of interest and night life center. Bars and restaurants just acroos the road.The hotel itself is recently renovated and impress with its fasilities - restaurants,bars, spa, swimming pools and surrounding area,all well distributed and cared of .The greatest thing it has a direct access to the beach. The personal attention we had been receiving from all the personnal,especially would like to mention the reception staff and management -just could not be any better, something many times neglected in many places. It was not our first stay in Cyprus,but definitely the best one!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I recently stayed at the Amathus Beach Hotel in Limassol for a conference. I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the hotel. On first impression when you arrive you walk into a beautiful new reception area and bar, which is great. All the public areas have recently been renovated and are top notch.

Unfortunately it all goes downhill when you go up to the rooms. although clean and tidy they are VERY dated and old. We had a room facing inland, which is right next to a main road. The noise from the traffic is load and pretty much constant, boy racers with loud music and people racing between the lights, all day and night.

When I complained first I was told there was nothing the hotel could do, then they said they could move me to a room with triple glazing for an extra €36 a night! Next I tried to log onto the internet, the hotel is billed as free wifi, I could not connect to the internet, this was not just me as none of my colleagues could either. I phoned reception 3 times to ask someone to sought this out, they promised to send someone to my room, no-one arrived. It was the following morning before I could connect to the internet, at which point the connection was so slow it was pointless working from my room. When I came to check out, the hotel tried to charge me €103 for internet, this was eventually deducted after arguing with the reception staff.

The next problem came when I needed to iron my shirts - no iron or ironing board in the room. The hotel staff bought one up I ironed a shirt in the morning, when I returned in the afternoon the iron was gone! Apparently the hotel will not leave it in the room as they did not have enough to go round.

My girlfriend was also travelling with me, she came down at 10am for breakfast (breakfast ends at 10am), the serving staff told her she had to hurry up and walked away mumbling under her breath! Not good service.

Other bad point - Reception staff don't seem to be to well trained, are not helpful and it takes ages to get an answer on anything.

The hotel does have a few good points, nice new public areas, good gym, the ballroom and conference areas are modern and have amazing views. The staff in the bar areas are brilliant, always smiling friendly and polite.

I travel all around the world and my job takes me to many 5 star hotels, I am afraid to say the Amathus is not 5 star, I will not be going back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Dan9188
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol on Trip Advisor. Thank you also for your very positive comments about our renovated facilities and for the excellent service provided to you by our bars' team.
However we have read with great concern your further comments and with regards to the rest of your points we would like to let you know that we welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better.
Traffic noise from the main road can sometimes be annoying but it is an issue that affects all hotels in the area and is something that we closely monitor in coordination with the local authorities and lately has considerably been reduced.
Concerning iron and ironing board provision in rooms please note that this is a matter that involves safety issues. Therefore for your own safety iron cannot be left in the rooms and that’s why our housekeeping team can provide ironing service at all times to our guests upon request.
We also respect your points raised about our reception team members but kindly be informed that our company is one of the very few that employs permanently a person that is fully dedicated on the training and development of our team members and therefore your comments will be taken seriously into consideration for further action.
We can only assure you that what you have experienced does not represent the actual image of the Amathus Beach Hotel and the points raised are seldom incidents. Therefore we certainly hope this experience won't deter you from staying with us on future occasions and we hope to give us another chance so to be able to demonstrate our true standards and Amathus Hospitality.

Vassos Kilanis
Hotel Manager
Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Amathus Limassol is an amazing hotel with a modern design. The sea view I had from my room was incredible and the room itself was big with a very comfortable bed. All the staff are very kind and the service they provide is great. I have been in a lot of "Leading Hotels of the World" but that one is the best so far. The food is great and if you stay there make sure to get a reservation in their seafood restaurant LImanaki. It is situated right next to the beach and i sware, I never had such a good seabass. Make sure you visit their spa. It is ultra modern, offering various procedures and the masseurs are very experienced. I have been there just for 1 week and I can say that since many years I haven't enjoy my vacation that much.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 21 October 2010

My stay in Amathus Beach Hotel, Limassol was unforgettable. The first impression hotel leaves is its modern design and amazing view from room. Moreover, the rich variety of dining possibilities is outstanding comparing to other Hotels I have been. Asiachi is the place were I sensed a great service, discreet and private atmosphere. To all visitors I would suggest to try crispy duck, it has unforgettable taste. The fish tavern "Limanaki" is place where everyone should go, because of its variety of fresh fish and romantic view. Cyan and La Terazza were great places to have a dinner as well, because of its food possibilities and different entertainment during dinner like concerts, shows etc. For me, as a guest, it is very crucial that I have personal approach from staff members, and it was the right place, because everyone from them put all efforts to satisfy us during our stay. In Amathus Beach Hotel you feel like at home, because everyone is friendly and ensures that everything is perfect. They also have Management cocktails every Monday, it is something I never experienced before, because it is so nice to meet managers and understand, that we are not only making profit for them, but they care what we think and how we feel. The swimming pools are fantastic and there is always enough space and sun beds. Also I tried spa, the moment I entered it I felt like in Heaven, and for me as a Russian speaking person was very nice and surprising from all the staff, that the most of them can speak with me my language. This is the place I will return again, already planning to get extra holidays and go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Excellent hotel facilities, perfect location, perfect room service. It was only a problem with the pay tv. The man from the maid service tried to fix it without any luck. It wasn't a big deal though and it is remarkable that the maid service react immediatelly.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Amathus beach hotel Limassol

The staff were excellent especially the chamber maids & reception. The breakfast buffet was really 5 star but the 'special romantic' supper at the sea food tavern was the worst meal I have had for years. They rely on their great situation to carry poorly cooked & presented fish. Last night at a little local bistro (El Pesto opposite to the hotel) we were promptly served a selection of warm breads that arrived with olive oil, garlic butter & marvellous pesto. At Limanaki rather dry bread was presented & the waiter looked irritated we asked for butter in spite of butter knives being on the table & he returned with small plastic catering packs of warm butter.  We were then brought out empty plates by one waiter swiftly followed by another who took them away who apologised saying more would come direct from the kitchen. I ordered a cheese flambé  & expected an elegantly cooked dish at the table. What was eventually plonked before me was some cold cheese in breadcrumb soaked in an orange liqueur which the waiter had failed to manage to ignite after several attempts with different cigarette lighters. We were enjoying our Chilean viognier so laughed this off as a joke. I now have about 6 photos of an increasingly grumpy waiter failing to set alight my none too appetising starter! We both love fresh scallops so anticipated a safe main course of grilled scallops with mushrooms.  We were disappointed with overcooked scallops that tasted boiled dry not grilled. I left most of mine & did not even finish the vegetables yet the waiter didn't even ask if our food was satisfactory & the manager never spoke to us all evening. I tipped at all other occasions including porter, chambermaids, drinks in spite of hotel stating service charge is included by law as I felt it was expected & in many cases well deserved but tonight I crossed through tip line & no one even said good night as we left yet alone enquired why we were not happy.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
ABHManager, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Dear Reviewer,

Firstly let me thank you for choosing the Amathus Beach Hotel for your recent stay and thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I am pleased to read that most of our services and facilities were to your entire satisfaction and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind words and praise about our team members. Such comments are very encouraging for all of us and enhance even more our commitment for constant upgrade of our facilities and services.
However I was really sorry to learn of your concerns with your experience in our famous Limanaki Taverna and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

At Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet our guests’ needs and expectations and therefore please be assured that we value all guest comments and I will definitely review the issues raised with my food and beverage management team for further action, as constructive criticism like yours, is of utmost importance and paramount to the quality control of our operation.

Our Limanaki is one of the best fish restaurants found on the island and indeed its location makes it even more unique and special. Over the years has fairly earned an excellent reputation about its service and mostly about its food quality, and I can only assure you that what you have experienced does not represent the actual image of our Limanaki Taverna, and the issues raised are seldom incidents.