“Pure Luxury”
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 2 February 2009

My goodness, where to start??

I am lucky enough to travel and stay in 5 star hotels as part of my job and I can honestly say that the Four Seasons in Limassol is up there with the best.

From the moment we arrived we couldn't have felt more welcome or at home. We were greeted by doorman with huge smiles and our luggage discreetly whisked away, whilst we were checked in with a relaxing drink in the Vista Bar.

The room we had, a penthouse suite, was sumptuous and luxurious with every possible amenity to hand. The bed was as comfortable a bed as I have ever slept in and we were entirely reluctant to leave and not at all wanting to get back to our own bed as we normally are!!

We are quite adventurous travellers, choosing to eat out when we are on holiday, however we were so relaxed that the effort needed to leave the hotel was more than we could muster so we ate in the hotel most days. The food in all of the restaurants was excellent. I am a bit picky about my food and like things a certain way but nothing was too much trouble. I must single out Colors cafe for the most wonderful ice-cream. The rose flavour was just divine. My husband was rather partial to the New York steak sandwich from the Splash Bar - so much so he had 2 in one day!! Breakfast was brilliant with every possible breakfast item that you could think of, and some bottles of bubbly to wash it down!!! Even the little hor d'oeuvres served with drinks were lovely - particularly the tiny cheese souffles - yummy!!

If you get the chance, please treat yourselves to a treatment at the spa. My husband and I had the Rasul mud bath experience for 2 which was amazing. Spa treatments are not his bag at all but this was really special.

We would recommend the Four Season Hotel in Limassol without any hesitation to anyone. The hotel is a luxurious 5 star, however is not at all stuffy or staid as others can be, but relaxing and welcoming.

Every aspect of our holiday was perfect; food, drinks, rooms, spa, etc etc , however none of this would count for anything if is wasn't for the staff. Each and every member of staff we encountered was polite and friendly and went above and beyond the call of duty without hesitation. It is the attitude of the staff that puts this hotel head and shoulders above the rest.

A blissful stay!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ram3
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2009

Arrived late at night to find our room was overlooking the busy road.

Extremely noisey & when asked to be move di was not met with the courtesy or understanding that i expected of a so called five star establishment. Also, the matress in the room was like a flippin sponge, but on this note i did manage to get it replaced with a firmer one.

In my opinion this hotel is not worth the money, having stayed in many other five star hotels i feel this one should only be a four star.

BEWARE of the noisy road, our travel agent failed to tell us that if you do not request a sea view the likely hood is that yopu will be overlooking the noisey road with its many boy racers with exhausts like aeroplaines & also the kareoke bars nearby.

The food was okay, i expected more for the money i had spent & the reception was nice but very dated. The rooms also had carpets down which i found to be very unhygenic.

The staff at reception were particularly unhelpgul especially the duty manager, i cannot remember his name.

IWARNING !!!f you are wanting a luxurious & relaxing holiday, do not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank lordwilberforce
Reviewed 24 January 2009

To be fair I only stayed around 5 hours. Checked in at 5am - pass to door didnt work. 3 hour sleep. Lots of breakfast to choose from. Door pass still didnt work. Query over my bill. Maybe I was unlucky but not a good experience,

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank MarcoPolo888
Reviewed 15 January 2009

Well where do I begin?? We booked the Four seasons to stay in whilst in Cyprus for our wedding and combined Honeymoon and from the moment we arrived I just knew that it was the best choice we could have made! The friendly staff were on hand to help with anything we needed. From the Receptionists to the chambermaids, room service to pool attendants, everyone was so warm and friendly which made our stay extra special. The hotel is just beautiful! The surroundings are pure luxury and so Clean. Breakfast was a treat, with everything you could imagine on offer, the Vivaldi Italian restaraunt was fabulous and once again the staff were just brilliant. We had the most amazing time of our lives and to spend such a special time at a hotel that was out of this world was breath taking. We cant wait to return to the Four seasons to celebrate a wedding anniversary in a couple of years. And am sure it will be just perfect like our first visit. To sum it all up it was the perfect hotel on the most perfect island!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debembo
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Excellent hotel, we loved our stay. Excellent staff, impecable service.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank in31
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed at The Four Seasons for 2 nights this week on a Business trip.
The hotel is beautiful, rooms and beds very comfortable, and staff and service exceptional.
Whilst ideal for a business trip, I would have no hesitation in taking my family along for a relaxing holiday next time.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank DRJUK
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Well what can i say...... as a travel agent i have been to many places and stayed in many hotels, but none compare to the Four Seasons Cyprus!

As soon as we entered the hotel the staff were on hand to look after your every need and the reception staff were very friendly and went the extra mile.

We had a sea view room for the week which was fantastic, of which waiting for us was a complimentary bottle of wine and fresh fruit. I dont know how people can say that the rooms are small because they are completely adequate for the amount of time you spend in them. The jacuzzi bath was something else! I had trouble getting my partner to leave the room!

The breakfast in the hotel was amazing, there was everything you could think of as well as champagne, complimentary of course! The food in the restaurants was very good and reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel. The Chinese restaurant was fantastic and very well priced, a three course meal for 2 including a bottle of wine for 100 euros which i thought was very good value for the quality of the food.

This hotel is very good for people of all ages and has a great kids supervised play area with lots of toys for them to enjoy. The hotel grounds were absolutely stunning, so many lovely plants surrounding the pool and restaurant and of course the fantastic koi lagoon.

The spa was also fab as well as the indoor pool which is great for the winter months. The adults only pool was very relaxing and the main pool is great for families with young children. As for the sunbeds being taken at 7am??? I think not! Considering you use the hotels own towels for the sunbeds, you couldnt put one on a bed until the towel guy was there. There are so many sunbeds around the hotel anyway so it was never a problem.

The last thing i would like to mention and for me the most remarkable part of my holiday was the staff and the service you get. The hotel could not wish for better staff. They were amazing and thoroughly deserve to be working for such a fantastic hotel.

All in all i would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, and it definately deserves its 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple