“total relaxation”

Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Limassol, Cyprus
“total relaxation”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We spent, my family and I, great time at St Raphael. Rooms are clean and well equiped. Staff helpful and friendly ( one exception, but its to do with personal character). Food excellent esp. breakfast. lovely lobby. perfect position,away from the noise of a city. Well done to the managers. ( just one drawbck: if they can provide another choice for matresses.).

Room Tip: sea view marina are lovely. Big and great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kam618
straphaelresort, Guest Relations Manager at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your kind comments, we have noted your suggestion about alternative mattress choices. We do hope to welcome you back to our resort soon. Please feel free to contact us with any questions. All the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here as part of a business trip, the hotel is nice, the food is good with a fair variety.. I would recommend it for a family vacation, as its very child friendly and the family rooms have bunk beds so you don't have to pay for another room if you have small kids... Back to being there on business, I have only two points: bad air circualtion in the conference room and in general around the hotel and no complementary water in rooms... Room tip: make sure you have a SEA view room, mine overlooked the parking!! which was fine since I only slept in the room but for a vacation it would've been a real spoiler.. but the service in the hotel is very freindly!

Room Tip: Only Sea view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mariana-jo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

We would like to inform you that all All Inclusive guests are given bottles of water in the room upon arrival and on a daily basis for the duration of their stay. We do hope to welcome you back to our resort soon.
Cardiff
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We have been here for just over two weeks and have another five days to go at this fabulous hotel. I simply cannot fault it. We have an ordinary seaview room which overlooks Limassol Harbour and we sit on our balcony enjoying a chilled drink courtesy of the ice machine just along the corridor every evening. Our first two weeks were on a half board basis and the food was absolutely fabulous. This week we are on bed and breakfast and exploring with a hire car but hae been tempted to go down to the dining room for dinner anyway.

I suspect the reason we can afford it (we are on a special deal negotiated by Mercury Direct) is because the hotel is doing some work on one of the swimming pools and one of the restaurants. The building work is not detracting from our enjoyment one bit and I am swimming every day in the indoor pool quite happily.

The staff are amazing, helpful and friendly and the entire plae is spotlessly clean.

Thank you St Raphael for a wonderful experience. I have stayed at Claridges and you are up there with them in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the harbour.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bardsgirl
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate positive and negative feedback because it helps us make on-going improvements to our customer service. We are pleased to announce that the renovation of our Octagon restaurant was completed successfully and the restaurant is now fully operational for Breakfast and Lunch. As well as this we are now offering Free Wifi in the Lobby and the Captain’s Bar as well as reduced rates for other areas of the resort including rooms and suites.

We do hope to welcome you back to our award winning resort soon when your travel plans might bring you to the Limassol area.

All the best from Cyprus
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Recently we have visited a few of 5 star hotels in Limassol and we can say that definitely this was a disappointment. Firstly, the service in the restaurant of the hotel during dinner/breakfast was very poor. During dinner we have waited lots of time before a waiter came to oder our drinks and even more time to receive them. The coke I got was of very bad quality and I could not even drink it. Also, during breakfast the bad service continued. We had to sit in three different places before the waiters to decide were to sit us. The one waiter told us to sit in one table, another came and put us in another one because the previous one was reserved, then in another because that table was for more people.. Pure disaster! We are very dissatissfied from the service we received. During check out we were even charged for room service we were not even used. Of course, the money were returned to us after spotting the unjustified item in the bill. Anyway, definitely not a 5 star resort that I would recommend to others.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

7 Thank anna q
straphaelresort, Director of Sales at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

We were disappointed to read that your experience at our resort did not meet your expectations. We are well known for our excellent, professional and friendly service and are grateful for your comments which we will certainly look into. We serve original Pepsi Coke at lunch time and maybe that is why the taste was different to Coco-Cola. Our staff and management are always on hand to assist with any requests to ensure that your stay with us is more comfortable. We do hope to welcome you back to our resort soon, where we might have the chance to change your view. Please do contact us. Best Regards
cyprus
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we stayed at St Raphael resort for 1night with my family.They booked us the executive room 174 which was excellent!!Very big and comfortable for the 4 of us and only eur160.00 with buffet breakfast.The mini fridge was well supplied with chocolates and juices for my boys,their beds were comfortable and separated from our bed with a door.
The breakfast was rich and tasty,the front desk staff was really excellent and helpfull at all times.
THe hotel is very nice with excellent facilities and well organised!!
Well done!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank maryCyprus
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your comments. We were delighted to read your review and thank you for your time in sharing your experience with others. We look forward to welcoming you back to our award winning resort and send our warmest regards,
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have just stayed at the 5 star St Raphael resort in Cyprus, and I would make the following comments. Firstly it is like the curates egg – good in parts. The good, well the imposing atrium sets a very high standard, six stories high, magnificent chandelier, and the staff are without doubt some of the most helpful I have ever met. When one of the waiters on his day off, stops you in the street to ask if you are having a good day, and do you need any help – well outstanding – well done Nickolai.

It was unfortunate that in the off season, only one restaurant was in use, the Octagon is being refurbished (more about that later) and the Phoenician is closed. Whilst the food is very good, even excellent, it is not 5 star. A very good 4 star, but I have eaten in 5 star buffets around the world and this is not a patch on them. But acceptable for a week.

The main problem for me is the rooms, think 1980’s Holiday Inn, and you will not be far off. For example, in the public areas the waste toilet paper is put in proper bins with a lid, in the rooms, you have an open top bin – not 5 star. In the bathroom, (I thought I had seen the last of plastic shower curtains and the way they wrap you in their clammy embrace!!!), the air extract vent is covered in what looks like mould and fluff, and I would suggest has never been cleaned for years – not 5 star. Then we have the floor, covered in laminate, and so when you have someone in high heels above you, tottering around for what seemed like hours, you can hear every tap – not 5 star. The walls seem paper thin, when the next door put the TV on I could hear almost every word, and in the cold dark hours of the night, when the people above went to the toilet, you could hear the seat being lowered, water sounds and the rattle of the toilet paper holder (I kid you not!!) – not 5 star. The view was excellent (especially on the last night when the fireworks display was right in front of us), but the concrete lattice walls of the balcony are cracking as is the paint – not 5 star.

Now the Octagon refurbishment – with no prior warning the builders gave us a rendition of jack hammering, with a counterpoint of disk cutting and the occasional solo of hammering – every day – making it impossible to sit by the pool (out of the wind) without being deafened by the noise, it echoed across the atrium every day. I realise that this sort of job needs doing, and had I been told there would be such disturbance it would be up to me if I chose the hotel, but failing to tell customers of such noise, shows very poor customer care.
Interestingly on our return to the UK, we stayed in a four star hotel overnight, and the difference was outstanding, not noise from next door, proper shower, not a shower hose in the bath, spotlessly clean everywhere.
So atrium and staff, 5 star, food 4 star, rooms 3 star. Probably 4 out of ten – must try harder. Would we go back to the hotel – no, and we would view with a very cynical eye any claims of 5 star hotels in the Med.

Room Tip: If you want a sunset sea view x27 - x34 - where x is the floor number, for a sunrise then x04 - x12
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bill C
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts even though we were very disappointed to read that not everything during your stay was satisfactory. Saying that we appreciate all comments that give us food for thought although please allow us to comment on your points. Our Palladium restaurant serves as rich buffet menu encompassing a wide variety of dishes. Our rooms and suites are renovated on a yearly basis (changes to décor, fixtures and fittings). We also have our new Executive Wing with a more modern decor that is another option. All rooms and suites are cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis, including each rooms air-conditioning vents however we will look into your comments thoroughly. Our wooden floors are new and we decided to change from carpet as we thought that this was more hygienic and also suited the room renovations we conducted just two years ago. The building itself does have extremely thick wallas and was made with a very solid structure, so it does sound strange that you could hear your neighbors. Again we will look into this as we have never heard this from any guest. On the other hand, all balconies are being re-done currently and will be finished by the end of this winter season so we apologies that you did not receive a room that had already had it's annual maintenance. Finally, all guests are informed upon check-in by our reception staff that our Octagon restaurant is currently under-going renovation, of, which previous reviewers have stated that this was unobtrusive. Our Octagon restaurant is located opposite the Amphibion Wet and Dry Bar, however, we do advise guests to use our Executive Wing Swimming Pool and Sun Bathing area located on the other side of the resort. We assure you that we do try extremely hard to please all our guests and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at our resort to show you this quality in full. Our sincerest regards,
larissa
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Ok the hotel is old but my room was spacious with a wonderfull view to the sea, I could even hear the waves splushing at the endless beach...This is not unremarkable especially when having started your trip from a white scenery ( snow and ice cold ). So I'm a little biased to say that I was not disturbed by some old fashioned details of the hotel.
Surroundings on the other hand were very interesting: excellent gardens, trees some really aged olive trees with huge trunks, excellent playgrounds outside and outside the hotel, great pools, bars by the sea and sun, kilometres of coast to indulge your sight and thoughts...Internal pool and spa I did not have the time to try sorry... Some restoration was on progress so I imagine the hotel will look even better by summer. Breakfast rich and sutisfying yet coffee a disaster You will need a real one! Free coffe or tea at your room not bad! Very polite stuff I was still on the phone asking for somebody to help me open the balcony door and an emploee was already knocking at my door!!!!Amazing!!!
I would come back with my family and enjoy it in hot weather...Thank you for a nice stay!!!

Room Tip: There is a new building with a separate pool just in front Go for them!!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Maria G
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind comments about our resort. Through staff training and continuous investment in maintaining and developing our product we are able to offer exceptional value for money and service to our guests time and time again. We are very excited to be launching our brand new breakfast and lunch restaurant, the Octagon, for the start of the new season - and we will make a note to check our coffee machine although we have not heard this comment before from other guests :) . As well as this we have some exciting changes to rooms and suites as well as our public areas. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in hotter weather and do let us know if we can assist you with your future booking .