“Heaven and did not want to leave”
Review of St Raphael Resort

St Raphael Resort
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
“Heaven and did not want to leave”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We spent 5 weeks here and everything was perfect in every way.Even the weather was perfect.This is our second visit and it definitely won't be our lasted has treatments in the new spa and they were first class too.A lovely heated swimming pool with modern showers,clean towels etc.All the staff speak English and couldn't be more helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Pigstrotters
straphaelresort, Director of Sales at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your lovely review. We do also have Serenity Spa at St Raphael Resort listed on TripAdvisor if you would like to leave your comments there too. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our new spa, the hotel overall and of course the weather. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon and send you our warmest regards from a 24degrees Cyprus! Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 23 February 2013

No regrets booking this hotel at last minute.......from the minute I arrived reception staff were welcoming and informed me of all the facilities available, meal times etc. My room had all the facilities you would expect from a 5* hotel including free use of the safe and tea and coffee making facilities.
Meals were of a high standard and catered for all tastes with a different themed night every night, staff were excellent in the restaurant very prompt
at refilling my glass in fact it didnt get a chance to be empty!!...
Wi fi is available free of charge in the lobby but I found it to be very slow...if you want it in your roim then there is a daily cost which is quite steep in fact it was cheaper to use my own network data!
On valentines night we had a wonderful meal at the Sailors rest overlooking the marina absolutely wonderful evening in lovely surroundings....thankyou to all the wonderful staff who made the evening perfect....
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings....lovely gardens to just lounge around on the sun beds....clean sandy beach unlike other beaches in limassol....
I could not fault this hote in anyway if I tried....thankyou to you all for a wonderful stay there is no doubt I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank issyk63
Dear Reviewer, thank you so much for finding the time to share you opinion with others and also for choosing to book your holiday with us. We are delighted that we could be of service to you, both at St Raphael Resort and at the Sailor's Rest Lounge Bar Restaurant (which is also listed on TripAdvisor should you wish to write another review on this page too). Please do note that if you book your next holiday on our website directly with us, our business connection WiFi available throughout the hotel and bedrooms, is included at no extra charge. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you again for letting us be of service to you. Our best regards,
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Went here for a family mini break in mid February. Although the furniture in the reception area could be updated as it looks rather worn, the hotel itself is very clean and eye pleasing. The rooms were fabulous and a good size, my boys loved the bunk beds!
The spa was fab, and the gym equipment was also ideal (along with sauna, steam room and pool!). Very clean and well decorated.
The food was fantastic, best food we've had at any hotel. I'm a really fussy eater particularly when it comes to meat, however, St Raphael offered a great selection of quality meat ranging from duck, gammon, salmon (and other fish), beef, chicken....the list continues. It was also good to see that the food choice also included healthy options rather than simply deep fried or covered in oil, which most hotels offer. The themed nights were a great chance to sample a variety of meals.
The only disappointment for us was the Captains Bar. Although the drinks selection was very good, it was unpleasant for us to have to sit and drink in the reception area as children under 12 years are not allowed in the Bar area. There was no other location for us to sit other than outside in the windy and cold weather.
The kids club is fantastic. At first i was very cautious about letting my boys go but they had a great time doing different activities and burning off energy. It was good to see how they like the kids entertainer Sergi, and how well he interacted with them. It was a shame it was closed on Sunday as they really wanted to go back.
The staff were also curtious and made an effort to speak with us on numerous occasions and made a fuss of our boys.
Loved this break and will be heading back very soon :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Natasha H
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy to read that we can expect to welcome you and your family back to our hotel soon. We were so happy to read that you had such a pleasant stay. You may be pleased to know that this past month we have been completing the first phase of our lobby renovation (changed part of the lobby floor and renovated the Captain's Bar and bar-lobby area) and the finishing decorative touches and furniture will be added this coming month. Next winter, we plan to re-do the lobby area completely. For month by month information, please do register for our newsletter.
We will be sure to pass on your compliments to our executive chef and also to Sergy, our animator and kids club supervisor. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the near future and send you our warmest regards from all the team,
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 weeks in late Jan 13 to early Feb 13.
Before I left I read some of the trip advisors reports and was very concerned with some. Let’s make it clear I am honest we my feedback and will not hide the truth.
Having stayed 3 weeks I was very impressed with the hotel, food, amenities and location. Majority of negative feedback on trip advisors was not observed or experienced by myself.
The hotel is a 5 star rated, shall we say for Cyprus but probably a good 4 star at home in the UK, a lot of UK guest were commenting about this and I do agree with this.
The room I had a spectacular view of boats, sea and in and I was on the end however found the traffic bad a times, as hotel staff informed me boy racers like to use this road as a racetrack at night. The bed was very comfortable and the room very spacious with satellite TV free safe and coffee making facilities. The only down part of the room was only the plug socket was low down away from the bed and tables, I was glad I brought my extension lead with me. The bathroom was big with good facilities. The room was cleaned daily but did find cleaned to different standards from good to a quick clean. One night I observed a cockroach in my room and the night staffs were very helpful and sorted the problem.
I was on all-inclusive and the breakfast was ok however going in late in the sitting you had to wait for a table and some days coffee was not offered to me, on 4 occasions I went down for breakfast and the tables were very dirty and not cleared, yet each member of staff was doing something some maybe a management issue needing more staff, a staff member did comment a lot of staff were made to take holiday. The lunch and dinner were buffet and all food was very nice, I am the pickiest eater going and there was always something for me or they would get me pasta etc what was very good on the staff.
The staff were very friendly and seemed like they genuinely cared, lots of hotels, the charm is fake to get the money, I was out a couple of days in the resort and 2 staff come up to me to see if I was ok, excellent customer care. I normally give a special mention to the best staff but this would be hard as they all seemed to be amazing. I was very uneasy with one member of staffs request that I put in an good comments about them as the management need to see this.
The swimming pool was very clean and warm and as a leisure consultant by trade would recommended these, sauna, steam room and spa bath what was nice. A gym and treatments were also available, I did not take part in.
A disadvantage to the hotel was location as it was a few km to the centre however there was a regular bus service every 15 mins for 1 euro each way. There was local bars, restaurants and shops however some closed early or were not open due to time of year.
The hotel had an entertainment programme what was run by a nice gentleman and he did his best with bingo, quizzes, archery, bowls, darts, outside visits.
The hotel had some renovations working going on and during the day and evening was a little noisy. However it was good to see the improvements and the management caring to do this.

On week 2 of my holiday we had a group of overseas sports group arrive, they reminded me of an 18 to 30 group majority being very noisy at nights, pushing in and generally rude. I did mention to the hotel about this and had the remark they come over 4 times a year they are part of our family.
The hotel swimming pool was given to them for exclusive use on several occasions without any notice to us. A small group were a disgrace in the pool, pushing, diving, flipping etc I was surprised no one injured themself, the staff did not do anything at one point spa attendant lady was watching them and laughing at them.
The hotel allowed children what is always good, as long as they respect the adults at the hotel, however on several occasions the hotel allowed the children to run around in the bar and restaurant and nothing was done about it.
Overall I did really enjoy my 3 weeks and would return to the hotel. Many thanks to all staff at the hotel and management for making it an amazing holiday. I hope these comments will be used to improve the guest experience.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms that have road noise
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PRSGC
Dear Reviewer, thank you very much for your detailed review. We really appreciate all feedback and are very happy that you would like to return and that you had such high praise for our staff. We have taken all your comments very seriously and noted them in our recent Head of Department meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you all the very best in the meantime. Kind regards,
hexham
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Excellent hotel - clean, comfortable, well equipped and furnished. Excellent staff, good food with plenty of choice. Lovely spa facilities include free use of the pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room, spacious changing room with hot showers, and well-equipped gym, although we found treatments rather expensive.
Located to the quiet east of Limassol, it has a marina, private beach and lovely grounds. Many seating areas both inside and out, sunny, shaded, or sheltered.
Bedroom was spacious, loads of storage, table and chairs in a little bay as well as outside on the balcony. Well maintained and regularly cleaned. We wanted for nothing.
On our last day, after checking out at 12, we were waiting in the lobby for our pick up, scheduled for 7pm. We were amazed and delighted when staff brought us plates of pies, cakes, coffee and muffins at about 5.30pm.
First class service. Well deserves its accolades and awards.

Room Tip: west facing have lovely views of the sea, and fabulous sunsets. 6th (top) floor affords great views...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lynda D
Dear 'MagicGranny1' (we love your screen-name!), thank you very much for your lovely words. We really appreciate your feedback and finding the time to share your experience with others on the internet. We hope to welcome you back very soon and send you our warmest greetings from Sunny Cyprus. Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Went here for a family holiday, and I must say it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on!
The rooms are really clean and very nice. Food is amazing! If in the buffet there is nothing you want/can't eat, if you ask the chef he will make you a very nice dish.
The facilities are great! If you are all inclusive you can go kayaking and use the pedal boats all you want! The other water sports are also really great! (not even that expensive!)
There is a great diving school right by too!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SamSam_75_13
Dear 'SamSam_75_13', thank you very much for finding the time to share your wonderful summer experience. We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our award winning resort and are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and also the food and water-sports. Hope to see you again this coming summer. Best regards,
cyprus
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Very good hotel.Outside of Limassol but if you have a car there is not a problem.. Bus stop just outside hotel with bus service every 15-20 min into Limmasol
The room was nice and clean.
On plus side lovely spacious gardens and right on beach
Very good staff.

Room Tip: The rooms with marina view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marinosCyprus
Dear MarinosCyprus, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback and do hope to welcome you back to our award winning resort soon. Best Regards,