“I will never stay here again”
Review of St Raphael Resort

St Raphael Resort
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
“I will never stay here again”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Dusty curtains in room with dirty furniture. I ask staff on reception for an adapter and was waiting half a day and just bought in shop. I had Mosquitos in room and when I ask on reception for repellent and didn't get. Wifi in room not free and also not cheap but Internet Signal was Very weak. Mini bar in room very expensive. Cost like 5* hotel but service very poor
I had question on my receipt: If I wanna go back to St. Rafael Resort? My answer: I will never come back here again.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SY L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have just arrived home from this lovely hotel where my daughter and son inlaw married inthe beautiful gardens. We arrived at 11pm and quickly allotted our rooms we had the exec marina views, lovely.only critisism being the ac for first 2 nights, but very quickly sorted at midnight! The whole wedding experience was wonderful, the Phoenician restaurant was beautiful for the reception, we had 65 guests which could have been a problem but it was just perfect. The staff, hotel areas, pools and beach areas are great. Everywhere spotless, staff always helpful. Captains bar the best place for our evening gin fizz s . Thank you all for making our families so welcome for this special occasion. We will defiantly return

Room Tip: Marina exec rooms large with fab view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel in July 2013. It's 5 stars, but it is not luxury. It is located right on the first line at the beach. There is lots of grass on it's territory so you can stay at the beach, by the pool or at the grass. The swiming pool has a bar in the water, it's nice to swim and drink when it's hot outside) The beach is really clean, also the sea. The room is big and clean. My room was sea side view, there was a balcony and the view was great! The food is good, you can always choose one of many meals. The staff is really friendship, ready to make your stay nice and comfortable. Every evening there was a show, but just for 1 hour. After that you can stay in one of the bar in hotel, listen to the piano music and drinking some coctails.

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived on Sunday 28th July and was greeted by a friendly receptionist, I read another review asking for a upgrade, which I did and he said that he will have a look and that it will be an extra 80 euros. Which I was happy to pay, then he told me that I had the sea view already and the other two couples Were not, but they didn't want to upgrade. But here comes the BUT their rooms were actually the same as mine and they had a sea view too. Also because I checked in early we were told we have to pay 50 euros or wait till 2pm, even though the room was ready because when we paid he gave us 3 rooms just like that.

That was the moaning bit now for the best parts of the holiday, I loved the pool area, swim up bar, always sun beds. Meal times was great lots of choice, breakfast was my favourite time of day.

Beach was cool, loads of water sports to do, I went on a jet ski for 15 minutes which only cost 60 euro for two people, great fun. Staff very friendly!

Captains bar, is the place to be after dinner loads of different cocktails to pick from, mine was the blue lagoon!, our favourite waitress was Gianna who always knew what we wanted and always smiling and being friendly.

Lots to do during the day, table tennis, volleyball, football, water polo, darts, pool, etc..

I would defiantly stay here again, I will just get different flight times. So as my title of my review states, Not a good start, but by the end very good hotel!!! I would recommend this hotel if you are thinking of staying in Cyprus.

Room Tip: Ask for executive room if you want to upgrade not sea view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 9 nights here as 2 families of 5/4. We have had fantastic time. From walking into the hotel we were very impressed huge reception excellent staff. Our bags were taken up to our family room.. Again huge despite being 22.30 we were invited to the dining room where they had laid on toasted sandwiches, bowls Greek salad pitta bread and fries! We were the only people in restaurant. Pools fab, warm big, swim up bar. Drinks gorgeous certainly not watered down or tight on measures! Practically any drink you wanted was all inclusive. The staff could not be faulted, bright cheerful, at all times. Special mention to sasha, and our fav waiter in the captains bar Steve! Always time to chat and ask questions etc.. All restaurants and bars were sampled and have not a bad word to say! Kids loved ice cream, infact they never struggled to find something to eat which often happens on all inclusive. I think the hotel was only about 70% full as some Russian tour operator had withdrawn a contract? But for us no queing at all, no mad rush at meal times.. Even a seat at swim up pool bar most days!!! Entertainment seemed ok. We only ventured down to a few professional shows as happy sitting in bar playing cards, soaking up the views! All in all first class hol if your thinking of here, go for it!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Natasha J
wrexham
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived on the 16th June 2013 for our wedding I had reviewed every inch of the hotel with its fantastic web site and was NOT disappointed. Our party of 9 arrived at 11.oo pm and was greeted with a very warm welcome by porter and extremely helpful reception staff.
We booked into the executive suite and got the ground floor pool view room we had requested lovely room spacious clean an a few steps from the pool.

All Inclusive

All I can say is wow restaurants and all staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly the cleanliness and fixtures spotless the choice and quality of food outstanding, we spent time in all restaurants and bars and were very happy with all.

Special thanks to Sasha Michael and Teo who were exceptional with us, all staff were good but we were waited on more by the above.

Wedding
The big day was great id arranged a lot before I got there so was only flowers to choose on meeting wedding rep anita was amazed by the pitch very good but don't get lost in all the extras it can work out very expensive and its easy to get taken away with shes a bit too pushy just stick to your choice once shes nos shes not making on you shes ok and will help with anything you need its her job at the end of the day. We were married by the mayor at 5.00 still hot but manageable, lovely service in the gardens we had pictures and a dvd really pleased with quality and pics come in a lovely album. The reception I had booked at the Fabulous Sailors Rest wow what a find the location outstanding as was the service and food and drinks, we had 4 waitors to our table of 11 all evening and they excelled themselves could not fault anything 1st class service which made a great end to our wedding day, we went back for our 1st week anniversary and was again served with 5 star treatment. Christiana and office staff also very helpful and friendly and felt at ease to pop in at any time if I had questions. We will without a doubt be returning in the future as this hotel holds special memories for us and we are so glad we found it. We thank you all for making our special day even more memorable.

Room Tip: Executive suite well worth it
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karen c
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed for a third time at the St Raphael and once again it did not disappoint. Check in was very simple and our room on the 5th floor was ideal with a wonderful side view of the sea, we certainly enjoyed some splendid sunsets in the evening. Our room was spacious and practical with plenty of storage space. From the moment we arrived we were treated to the usual warm and friendly Cypriot hospitality, nothing was too much trouble. Sun beds were never a problem and were plentiful by the pool, on the grassed areas and by the sea. The cafe's, bars and restaurant's are many and varied and do cater for every taste. The all inclusive package is simply outstanding and you want for absolutely nothing. There were several Russian guests and their presence has been mentioned before, however during this holiday we found them to be mostly young families and very friendly and agreeable indeed.

However it is the outstanding customer service where this hotel really excels, with so many staff doing their utmost to ensure that we really enjoyed our holiday. We were treated like royalty and virtually everyone we spoke to genuinely cared if we were having a great time. This list could go on for pages but the following staff demonstrated a friendly, helpful and considerate can do attitude, nothing it seemed was too much trouble; Sasha the outstanding F&B Supervisor, Gabriele (breakfast), Sandra, Sylvia, Andreas, Nicos and Gergana (Pool Bar), Myklos (Splash Bar), Apostolis (Phoenican), Chris, Christo, Fred, Steve and Gianna (Captain's Bar) and the very impressive and tireless Sports Rep, Vadim.

There is always room for improvement though and I have to say the hotel TV service for British visitors is average to say the least. BBC World is not a channel that most Brits would choose to watch, Sky channels were listed but did not work through our time here. Yes I know we do not come to this lovely island to watch TV, but it would be nice for an hour or so in the morning and when getting changed in the evening. There were several leading sporting events (sorry ladies) but there was nothing shown in the hotel, I think this is an area that the hotel may like to look at.

During our holiday we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary (so that gives us away then) and the hotel really made our day so special with a candelabra, champagne and rose petals on our table, top notch service.

For good old fashioned warm and friendly service, this is certainly the place to relax and enjoy yourselves, we will definitely be coming back for more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
straphaelresort, Manager at St Raphael Resort, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Richard S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed account of your all inclusive experience with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased to read that our staff made your 35th wedding anniversary a night to remember, we do believe in going the extra mile for our guests.

We have passed on your thanks to all of our staff and they all send their warmest regards to you and can't wait for your next visit.

We have noted your comments concerning the TV channels and this is something we are looking into with our service provider, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

From all of us here at St Raphael Resort, we send you our best wishes and hope to have the pleasure of serving very soon.

Kind regards,