“The saint Raphael: A fabulous experience”
Review of St Raphael Resort

St Raphael Resort
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Nicosia, Cyprus
“The saint Raphael: A fabulous experience”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The people who work here are fabulous. This is my second time around here at the St RaphaelResort and I can tell you that having worked in the hotel industry in NY for years, they've managed to put together a class act personnel at all levels here. It has the best beachfront by far in comparison to some of the other hotels nearby. The Marina adds a touch of romanticism to the whole scenery, which makes it rather unique, and the Parekklisia Municipality has done a great job developing the coastline around the St Raphael. The hotel is situated close to some ancient archaeological sites which are accessible by foot via the coastal footpath and boardwalk, which begins along the hotel beachfront. Morning stroles are most invigorating along the coastline. The cuisine is par excellance! Even my wife who doesn't satisfy easy didn't complain once....strike that, she actually did complain once....about overeating! She loved the food and overindulged you see. My daughter loved the spa, she wished we would have stayed longer so she can use it more often. Finally, kudos go out to Demetra, Sasha, Michalis,Christos the waiter, Mattheos the bellman, Yiannis at the Seashells Sand Bar, Maria in housekeeping, Raphaellos and the other lads on the beach, and so many others whose names I've forgotten and who have made our stay exceedingly comfortable and memorable! I ordered another Blue Lagoon at the Captain's Bar last night and drank to your health, as they say here in Cyprus "Eis ygeia!"

2 Thank Savvas N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We have travelled all over the Med and stayed in a lot of 4&5 star hotels but this hotel is the best hotel by far the staff are fantastic special mention to the bar staff at the Captains Bar who were superb also the waiting staff once again superb the food was excellent anyone who complains about the food must have something wrong with them something for everyone entertainment was fine some good shows put on the hotel is spotless the standard excellent the beach is well looked after no problems looking for beds We went the last 2 weeks in July for our 40th wedding anniversary and my 60th birthday dont normally do all inclusive but the standard in this hotel was worth every penny will be back next year but not in July far to HOT for me there was a lot of Russians staying but they were ok just seemed to eat a lot.

Room Tip: If you can afford it upgrade to an excecutive suite with a sea view well worth the extra the balcony...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and caters for all. We went there in June and the staff were a great help, we arrived at 9.50pm and the the man behind the desk who booked us in told us to go and grab a bite to eat before the they close and they didn't charge us for the lovely meal we had as we only booked as b&b. When we got to our room it was superb but faced the main road so the next day I asked the man if we could have a see view, not really thinking it would happen but he said yes and gave me the keys straight away and not only that the porter moved all our belongings to.T he staff are really fantastic and are the making of a great Holliday. The food was 5 star and facility's to meet everyone's needs, I like keeping fit so the gym is very important me and there was plenty of equipment to get a solid workout. The entertainment was great for the kids and the
Pools that we used with the kids amassing, they also had a kids play area the our kids enjoyed. When you think of booking a hotel in Limassol this has to be the place.

Room Tip: See view is the best but rooms without are superb
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
West sussex
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just returned from our second holiday at this hotel. The staff are very helpful especially the restaurant manager Sacha,who goes the extra mile to please.
Will return again soon!.
The food is excellent with great choice to please every taste.
Swimming pools kept very clean & surrounding areas kept clean & tidy.

Room Tip: All rooms are great,but perhaps marina view the best.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I went to St Rapheal as a family of 10 ( 2 family of 4 plus my parents). The staff could not have been nicer, nothing was too much trouble, ( even the bowl of plain tuna for my fussy son at every meal!) There was a big selection of salads, meats and veggie options at each meal but always chips, Pizza and Pasta for the kids. The desserts were amazing, my kids loved the chocolate fountain at lunchtime. The only down side was us not checking the dress code for dinner as the men had to wear trousers in the restaurant. if we has known this the men would have brought more of a selection that just jeans.

The kids club was great my sons really liked Julia. My children's highlight of the day was the kids disco and seeing who got a certificate at the club. The pool attendant at the slide made sure that the children waited their turn coming down the slide. They also enjoyed the milkshakes at the bars by the pool. The beach is also very clean with soft sand and never had a problem finding a sunbed.

The evening entertainment for adults was ok, with the fire show being the highlight of the week.

I would recommend this resort to my friends with children.

1 Thank MrsSass123
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I booked a 7 night stay at this hotel based on the great reviews I read on tripadvisor. We were a family of 4 (2 children one 4yrs old and the other 1 and a half). We stayed on an all-inclusive basis.

Initially I was quite worried as we were arriving from London in the early hours and check in was in the afternoon. On arrival at the hotel I was very pleased by the reception we received - we were directed to breakfast and our room was ready for us as soon as we finished. I knew immediately that this hotel put its customers high on its list of priorities.

The hotel was clean, staff very friendly and most attentive to the children. Our room was of a very good standard and cleaned well daily. The general atmosphere was very pleasant even though we were surrounded by some very rude Russian guests who felt they were entitled to be condescending towards the staff and rude to the other guests. Well done to the staff for putting up with it and being so polite in handling them.

The hotels facilities were fantastic, the children's pool area was great as it was away from the main pool so we could hide away from the hustle and bustle of the other kids whilst ours were having their afternoon nap on the sunloungers.

As with all reviews I must mention one point which I felt let the hotel down but I mean this to be taken as constructive criticism for the hotel management. I think the food could do with some attention - whilst there was always a great variety of food on offer - we felt that some "live stations" would have been nice as with other all inclusive hotels we have stayed at where you can have your food grilled/cooked while you wait. Also on some days the cuisine on offer did not match the theme - for example on BBQ night there was no sign of anything barbecued.

I must however compliment the Mezze restaurant in the hotel which is only open 3 nights a week. We thoroughly enjoyed it and went twice during our stay.

The all inclusive option worked well for us as otherwise Cyprus can be a very expensive place. I would say the fact that breakfast, lunch and dinner were in different restaurants was very good as it was nice to have a different venue for each meal.

Overall the hotel and its staff were very good and we had such a great time that we even extended our stay by 2 nights at the last minute, we will definitely be back soon!

Thank you St Raphael for a great holiday!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room on the 6th floor - even though it was facing inland it was very large and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DrP78
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We were there as a family of four. Although St. Raphael offers all-inclusive, for our purposes we booked half board, since we knew we'd be exploring the island a few times during our 10 day stay. The swiming pools are all nice, one with a water slide, the other with a pool bar. Service was excellent, staff was very friendly and forthcoming (even though they had to take pay cuts due to the crisis.) The entire hotel seemed to be geared towards families with children, our children enjoyed the kids club, where the staff is very friendly as well. At night there is kids disco followed by a show, starting around 21h for about one hour. The dining room has one special table for kids only, where for example they can play cards or draw and enjoy themselves.
The beach is very nice as well, sandy, with lounge chairs and local Cypriots go there as well. At the beach you can order drinks and sandwiches or go to the little beach bar for lunch.
The entire hotel was kept clean and service was excellent; I had a minor complaint and it was taken care of immediately and later reception followed up if everything was fine - which it was. Also when of my children dropped a toy from the balkony, and I asked them to please get it for me they immediately did (and my kid's happiness was restored).
I also liked that in the evening for dining you have to dress up a bit: shirt and long pants with shoes.
All in all a wonderful place, we even met people who went there every year for over 7 years now. I definetly can understand why.

Room Tip: Since we focus on sleeping in the room and not staying there over day time, but be outside at the po...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family