“Unconditionally recommended”

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
Athens, Greece
“Unconditionally recommended”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We stayed in Londa for 4 nights, in late July beginning of August. Initially it was me and my wife in a room with sea-view, but we also needed accommodation for my son with his girlfriend. The lady at the reception did her best to find quickly a solution and offered a fantastic junior suite at the price of our room. It is a luxury and elegant hotel, very well located, with a nice beach, very good and friendly service, an ideal place to relax; it is not cheap but all five star hotels that period had similar prices. Breakfast and food is very good as well. If you like elegance, good service, nice beach, near to Limassol, and...no surprises during your stay....then go Londa!

Room Tip: Go for sea view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sitolakis
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and your unconditional recommendation. I am very happy to hear that we were able to accommodate all your needs. We are looking forward to having you and your family back.
Best regards and greetings to Athens
Jochen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Malta
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I am sat at home in Malta after checking out of the Londa this morning, it is rare I review a place the same day I left but I wanted to ensure I didn't forget to write this.

I was only at the hotel for two nights on a very short business trip, sadly I didn't get to enjoy the pool and Spa facilities as I had hoped as I was hit with a bad upset stomach (I had not eaten at the Hotel at this point so I blame my lunch at Malta airport prior to departure). I did walk round the areas and they are very eye catching.

The staff were very pleasant and professional, the service was of a higher standard that I am used to (20+ business trips a year) and the food (when I was finally able to eat) was better than average for lunch and breakfast though I did not eat dinner there.

The crowd is a nice mix of holidaying couples and families with locals, the bar is hopping at night but not overly crowded and the overall design is superb (I took lots of pictures as we are remodeling our home currently).

All in all the hotel was the best part of a hectic business trip marred by an inconvenient illness and I hope to return as soon as I am able to justify a return to Limassol to the boss.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much to take the time to write your review and thank you for your nice comments about our staff and the quality of our food. We hope your boss will allow you to visit Cyprus again very soon. We are looking forward to having you back and hopefully you will feel better and have more time to enjoy all our facities. Good luck with the remodeling of your home.
Best regrads to Malta
Budapest
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Londa is an elegant boutique hotel.
We asked an early checkin in neighbor rooms and all was in order at 6.00 am. (!)
The management works professional, the staff are well trained and polite, hospitality of the reception manager should be taught in other 5 star hotels as well.
Location is excellent in the heart of the city swimming pool and little beach serves first class relaxation. We had only a small problem with a Russian family throwing away the towels and personal items from our beds with the assistance of a lifeguard boy, Marek (?)
The cuisine is one of the best in Cyprus staff of the restaurant and pool bar attentive enough one can be satisfied with.
The rooms are very clean well furnished and minibar filled up daily.
Disregarding the small incident we felt happy in a fantastic hotel.
I offer anyone likes the intimate and quiet atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had side see view but it is still good looking the sea and silent comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your great review and your nice comments about our (reception) staff, cuisine, guest rooms and location. Please accept our apologies about the small incident.
It was a great pleasure having you with us and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back.
Sunny greetings to Budapest
Chatenois, France
Reviewed 6 August 2011

very beautiful hotel: very nice SPA with wonderful massages;excellent 1/2 pension;all personnel and manager are very professionnel, kind!
we hope go there again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for staying at the Londa and for your nice comments. It was a great pleasure having you with us and we hope too to welcome you back.
Best regards to France,
London
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Lovely hotel with excellent staff. Good food and wines. The only downside was the shrieking and screaming. of children in the swimming pool. Parents showed no inclination to control them in spite of a notice requesting consideration for other guests - it really spoilt the peaceful atmosphere and because of this we most probably would not go again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your nice comment about our staff and for recommending the Londa. Due to the nature of our hotel we usually have fewer or even no kids around. It would be a great pleasure to welocme you back.
Best regards
London, UK
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After a year of no holidays after our round the world epic journey my husband and I finally booked a week's package holiday with British Airways. We just wanted a week in the sun doing nothing but relaxing by the pool and using the gym (he's training for a bike ride to Barcelona in September!)

Anyway, the hotel is about a 40 minute drive from Larnaca airport. Limassol isn't a beach resort so if you want beach activity this isn't the place for you. The hotel is very modern and clean. We had a room with a side sea-view with a small balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. The room itself was well appointed with cable TV, digital radio, air-con, bathrobes and slippers and the all important bathroom toiletries which were Molton Brown.

The hotel bar is on the ground floor and is a funky place to chill out at anytime of day and gets busy with locals at the weekend in the evening. Breakfast is buffet style with a wide selection of cold and hot options and they do have a la carte options too.

The pool is not heated but provides welcome respite after an hour of two lounging in the sun. The gym is well equipped with 4 treadmills, couple of bikes and a cross trainer plus free weights and weight machines. There's also a spa at the hotel offering treatments such as massage and facials but we didn't give those a go.

It was end of April/beginning of May when we were there and although the hotel seemed fairly busy, the restaurant in the evenings was a bit quiet. The food was OK but not exceptional for a 5* hotel and the staff were on the whole very friendly. Although we did return to our room one morning to find the cleaner sat on the bed surfing the TV channels which did amuse us! There is a charge for WiFi.

I think there are nicer spots in Cyprus so I wouldn't return to Limassol however Londa Hotel did the job and we recharged our solar batteries.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiggyjojo
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for the nice comments; it is good to hear that the Londa fulfilled the purpose of your stay. I can only apologies for the maid’s behaviour, this is not acceptable. Good luck with your bike ride to Barcelona!
All the best
Jochen Niemann
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here with family for a week and have to say it really is excellent. Staff are welcoming and helpful. The pool area is good (the beach is not huge so you will spend more of your time around the pool). The rooms overlooking the sea appear to be the best rooms but all are otherwise comfortable. The food is actually some of the best hotel food I have had - really excellent, and on a consistent basis as well - top stuff.

Definitely to be recommend if you want to stay in the area for a few days.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
We are extremely happy to hear your kind comments and the fact that the food was top stuff!
Wishing you all the best and we hope to see you back at the Londa again in the future.
Kind regards and greetings to London.
Jochen Niemann