“Flawless stay.”
Review of Londa Hotel

Londa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We have recently returned from a lovely two weeks in Limassol where we chose to stay at the Londa Hotel. We also chose this hotel to host our wedding reception in our first week. From the first minute we arrived were treated superbly. The suite was immaculate and exactly as described.

The breakfast was varied and catered for every taste. The staff were very pleasant and attentive and all this with a spectacular ocean backdrop.

Our wedding co-ordinator Andia had been in contact for several months before our arrival and was just as keen when we met her. On our wedding day everything was perfect from the champagne reception to the food being served by candle light at the pool area. All our guests enjoyed the ambience the hotel had created.

All the staff and management made us feel very welcome and we couldn't have been happier with our stay.

My husband and I would like to thank the Londa for giving us a great start to married life. We left very relaxed and really wanted a third week and will return at the next available opportunity.

Many thanks Victoria and Andrew McMahon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria M
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Victoria & Andrew
It makes us so happy when we read such wonderful reviews! We are glad that you arrived home safely, with memories of a lovely stay.
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your Londa experience with us. It has been a pleasure for everyone at the Londa to have you here and we deeply appreciate the fact that you trusted us for organizing such a special event for you.
We wish you all the best for your new future together and we look forward to welcoming you to the Londa soon again.
Best regards, Andia and Jochen & The Londa Team

Reviewed 1 October 2011

We loved the hotel because it was just about we were looking for – the calm place to relax after the bustle of the big city.
The hotel was pretty small, the staff was responsive, the breakfast was good, the beach was not big but enough and on the same level as in other hotels on Cyprus.
Pool bar was offering a great pomegranate mojito – worth tasting :)
The only bad thing I can complain was the size of the room. It was smaller than we expected and was without balcony (as it has been promised on the site). I can’t say the bed was hard (as other reviewers said), but it was definitely squeaky (may be these were two different options :) ) Cleaning service was perfect (twice a day).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,
We very much appreciate your kind review, it is great to hear that the Londa fulfilled your expectations on most points. I would however, like to offer my apologies with regards to the room you were assigned. The hotel has only a few rooms without a balcony which are usually given out on special requests, hence I will look into the reasons of this unfortunate allocation. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back and please rest assured that I will personally ensure you will be allocated a room with a balcony.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Hotel was everything we expected however it had a Major flaw, the bed comfort. The beds were very very hard. As standard in Europe beds are harder than what we are used to in the UK this was taken to the extreme at the Londa. We travelled with another party and they also suffered with bruising and aches and pains and lack of sleep the whole holiday. Very dissapointing.
The hotel is in a area that is not a typical tourist place. we took a taxi into paphos square where the food was a much better standard. The food in the hotle is great but very expensive.

Room Tip: Sea view room worth the extra.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank palcol

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent stay with us, our team enjoyed looking after you. I am however concerned to read that the norm of our matresses was not to your liking and I regret that you did not take the initiative to inform us of your disappointment while you were still at the Londa. We do provide different bedding options and could have adjusted our regular standard to your liking.We do hope that this matter will not deter you from visiting us again and assure you that we will be happy to prepare your bed according to your preferences on a future stay.
Best regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Excellent service, quality and very clean. Staff very helpful and friendly, they couldn't have done more. Room itself spacious with beautiful sea view, went there to relax and rest, bed let that part down, very hard.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments with us. We are very happy to hear that you experienced an excellent service and found our staff very helpful and friendly. I will pass your feedback to the team, they are always delighted to know their efforts are recognised. With regards to the comfort of our bedding please be advised that we do provide alternative mattresses in case guests found our standards unsatisfactory. Hopefully with this information in mind you will consider staying with us again. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have read the excellent feedback from some of the travelers about this hotel and decided I really wanted to stay there. First, I was disapointed by the building which I expected was like a boutique hotel, but it is in between two others ugly 70's style buildings in a very build up area (knowing that Limassol as nothing to do with a romantic gateway!). The hall has been beautifully refurbished with a nice design style which is pleasant once inside and the swimming pool area is tasteful and comfortable. But the rooms are very small unless you take a bigger expensive balcony suite. The bathroom is very ordinary speaking about bathtub, tiling and so forth and although we had a sea view, the lack of balcony felt a bit claustrophobic. We had a brand new expresso machine and I was very pleased with this appliance until I have discovered that they have charged me for the Nespresso I have taken in the morning, this was not clear at all that you had to pay for it! The booking company made a mistake with the booking and once I have confirmed everything on internet and paid, I have discovered that the reservation was for one person instead of 2 which I have required from the beginning. I have phoned USA long distance from Greece on a mobile which cost me a fortune to contact the booking company, they told me that anyway they had the same price for one or two persons and that they would send an email stating this fact to the hotel without any guarantee. I then phoned the hotel who told me the contrary and they said they will charge 50 euros more. It was very unpleasant to see that the hotel did nothing to help, knowing our story and not wanting to contact the company directly. We finally had to pay the normal fee for the room instead of having a supposed better price through the online booking. Although the breakfast was good and generous, it was quite absurd to pay 50 euros for it for an additional person! Plus we did eat at the hotel restaurant showing we were ready to be good consumers in the hotel and stayed two nights. So disappointing and far too expensive for the size of the room but maybe better than some of the giants hotels in the neighbourghood? Will unfortunately not go back...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Readytrip
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for staying with us at the Londa and for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit. It is most regrettable that your booking company made an incorrect reservation and that this caused the subsequent rate change. Having received your reservation for single occupancy with a request for an additional person we had contacted the local agent of the online booking company who confirmed that this was no error but that you had indeed requested an amendment to a double room. Following our rate structure and your request for double occupancy we informed you of the normal surcharge. We regret that our efforts did not meet your expectations on this occasion, resulting in your disappointment and the decision not to visit us again. It is reassuring to read that you appreciated our breakfast selection and enjoyed our Caprice Restaurant though, hence I hope that this will encourage you to look past the rate issue caused by the booking company and allow us to welcome you back on a future visit to Cyprus. Please contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to arrange your reservation personally. On a final note, please allow me to mention that the price difference between single and double occupancy is not solely based on the additional breakfast, but also takes into account the additional linen, towel, electricity, water and amenity consumption. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.
Jochen Niemann

Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel londa itself is stunning. Great decor and friendly staff on hand. Pool area was excellent with lifeguards bringing you cold towels and drinks for free. The maids where outstanding when it came to room service. They even plugged my wife's phone in to charge! Bad points where the wifi isn't free, this should be standard for the amount you have to pay to stay at the londa. Towards the evening bbc1 and bb2 seemed to 'loose signal' as I was told when I complained. The area around the hotel itself was very disappointing, due to the busy main road running behind the hotel. Very little to do if you don't hire a car as you will struggle to see any kind of Cypriot culture. We will stay away from Limassol and would not recommend to anyone to stay in the area

• Stayed: August 2011
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your great comments regarding our hotel, the decor, our staff and in particular the pool-boys and the maids. I have informed my team members of your positive feedback.
I was concerned to learn though that our hotel's location was a disappointment to you and that it will deter you from visiting Limassol and the Londa again. Being situated in the town's tourist area is often considered as a major advantage of our hotel, due to the public bus route passing along the main road enabling our guests to get around town even without hiring a car. Cultural highlights such as Limassol's old castle in the city centre or to the Amathunda excavations to the east are less than 15minutes away by bus.
I can only hope that the good moments you experienced at the Londa will outweigh the location issues and allow us to welcome you back nevertheless on a future visit to Cyprus.
It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

While it is far from being a boutique hotel, lobby, bar, restaurant and room are nicely decorated - modern design with a touch of mediterranean atmosphere. Staff is very friendly and helpful. A very good address in Limassol, much better than the big chain, while the price is competitive - for the season and location of course! around the hotel, plenty of nice restaurant, and the city center is not too far away. Have a room with sea view, from floor 4 and above to really enjoy a good experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arnime
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your review and your nice comments about our staff. It is very much appreciated, also your recommendations regarding your preferred room allocation. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Sunny greetings to Paris and best regards,