“Beautiful hotel with room for improvement..”
Review of Londa Hotel

Londa Hotel
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was a birthday present trip for my better half - a first time in Cyprus. Londa sits in what the locals call "tourist area" - meaning an island of 1970s and 80s buildings surrounded by half tacky bars and restaurants designed to visitors. From outside Londa looks unremarkable, until you park your rental car and walk into the lobby - it is another world. Fresh, clean sharp minimalist design, easy on the eye touches here and there and welcoming staff. Our check in was good even though I must add the male reception staff are not helpful and do not smile at all. The only shining reception staff was lovely Litsa (I hope I got the name right) with a gorgeous smile and green eyes. For us she epitomised the true modern Cypriot hospitality. I would recommend the management to replace the male staff or warn them to smile to the guests as they aim to serve a certain caliber guests. It reflects on how the hotel is perceived.
Our room 508 was well appointed and could not fault at all. The room was well serviced, stocked with much needed tea/coffee (nespresso) facilities which we appreciated. Bathroom was also comfortable with my partner's favourite Molton Brown toiletries provided. Nice touch. Do be warned, however, that internet/wi-fi is charged at €10 for 24 hours, an unnecessary charge I believe at this day and age where wi-fi is provided free even at most coffee shops. After dropping our bags in our room, we headed down to the Caprice restaurant. Superb food and wonderful service. When I did mention of my lactose intolerance, my choice in the menu was modified and we were suggested a lovely wine which we loved.

Next morning we woke up to the glorious sunshine and breakfast on the terrace overlooking the glistening blue Mediterranean.. Food again was excellent, fresh and the service was one of the best we have seen. I must ask the management to pass this to the kitchen staff. Great service, as they anticipate your needs and they actually remember things you like and do provide them at your table. Super!

My partner's wi-fi in the morning did not work in the room so when we went to the reception and spoke to the gentleman there, he contradicted saying that they do work. In fact despite our tries it did not work in the room while in the lobby it was fine. Again this goes to show that the male reception staff are absolutely unsympathetic and not helpful.

We spent our day exploring the old town of Limassol with its wonderful mix of castle, mosques and churches and having a lovely lunch at Ristretto around the old castle, then driving to Nicosia and exploring the capital a bit. Upon our return to hotel, apparently the restaurant was closed at 11pm so we decided to go out. Having not found anything decent, we decided to have a room service. When I called the room service I was told by the nice lady that the kitchen is closed that they only had "ham and cheese sandwiches" only. Being Muslim and lactose intolerant meant I could eat neither. I believe we could have been given an option of "salad, soup or some fruits" but none of this. This sort of going from super to sub-standard service really disappointed us a bit. Make no mistake, Londa is a beautiful hotel with some wonderful (even super) staff who go out of their way to help you but then when you need something out of hours and given not some basic choice (a bowl of fruit could have been good) at a 5 star boutique hotel it makes you think twice.

Our last day we went to swim in the hotel's beach in the pristine warm water in November.. then had some coffee and local Muhallebi with rose water.. which was delightful...

With a bit of fine tuning in service Londa can be just perfect. For us, it was a lovely stay with some reservations mentioned above and we would like to return to Londa and hope that our concerns will be taken into account and solved. Many thanks again for the wonderful kitchen staff for their super dinner and breakfast and lovely reception staff Litsa and the lady at the pool bar who was lovely and chatty. They are credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hellimli
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,
First of all allow me to express my appreciation for taking the time to share your stay with us in such detail. Rest assured that I have indeed discussed your insightful comments with our team, who were delighted to know they contributed to the positive experience you enjoyed with us. The negative yet constructive feedback was of course also studied, and again we thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. When designing our upcoming action plans on how to further improve our guests' experiences we will gladly take your suggestions into consideration. I hope that these concerns will not keep you from visiting us once more on a future occasion as I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back and meet you.
Meanhwile my team joins me in wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Wife and myself indulged oursleves to stay for 3 nights 4 days at the Londa Hotel. The rooms are individually designed and different. As it was our anniversary the staff made us feel welcome and updgraded our room. The hotel has had a recent refurb and is definitley worth the awards it has received. Food, service and attention to detail is v. good. Infinity pool is fantastic. Cost of a meal is pricy but v good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your nice comments about our staff, the food and the service. We are very happy to read that you had an enjoyable aniversary at the Loda. We hope to welcome you back in March 2012 for your next celebrations.
Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Londa two years ago, and the experience was such that I had to write a review then saying how good it was. Both with pressured jobs we needed to get away recently 'to recharge our batteries'. The Londa was chosen again as we had enjoyed it so much before. Once again the Management and staff there were fantastic. At check-in we asked if there was any chance of a sea view as one was not available when we booked. Still none due to the hotel being full but had already been upgraded to a suite. The staff are there if you need them, they leave you alone if you don't. The rooms are light, spacious and regularly serviced - sometimes twice a day! We had paid the extra for half board, definately worth paying for, and the meals were exceptional, from breakfast through to dinner in the evening. Refreshing drinks around the pool, which in October was a bit cold, and an offer of the local drink served at the Thursday evening Cyprus night rounded off each day. If you are a bit stressed then get a theraputic massage - it gets rid of the stiffness believe you me!
It's the place to be seen if you want to be one of the 'In crowd', as it is very busy with non-residents showing off their 'glad rags' Great for people watching!. I am glad to see that the hotel has won more awards recently and I am sure that they will continue to win many more if the standard remains. Well done Londa!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yorky_White
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent ‘Londa experience’ with us! We are delighted to know that your stay in our hotel was once again enjoyable to you. It is through kind and encouraging comments like yours that our team is constantly motivated to offer the best of care to each and every one of our guests.
With our warmest wishes for a cozy winter, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Londa in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've just returned from a wonderful stay at Londa - the staff, customer service and hotel itself is beautiful. The staff work so hard to make your stay special and genuinely seem to care.

A couple of additional comments - location isn't great ( but once your in the hotel you just don't notice)

In todays day and age when I'm paying this level of room rate I don't expect to pay for Internet at such high charge rate

Finally - as this hotel is so beautiful and has won lots of Expedia and Conde Nas awards its a social hang out of the locals who from about 5pm come with lots of mates and drink coffee and smoke lots it the bar until 9/10pm ish on 3 evenings we couldn't get a seat in the bar area as residents due to it be packed full of locals. Equally at weekends they come for brunch with their kids and families to do the same thing - the hotel is just not big enough to accommodate this and the residents, equally it's not what I want from a beautiful boutique hotel. Having said this I had a really nice time

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank quirky76
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your positive review. I take great pleasure in sharing your wonderful comments with our team. The Londa is proud to be part of the local community as well as being a preferred destination for business and leisure visitors to Limassol - the key is indeed in balancing these two types of guests in order to ensure everyone is happy. Our team's aim is to give our hotel residents priority seating and I am sorry you were not accommodated at the bar. It would be wonderful to welcome you back to the Londa, please drop me a line prior to your next visit so that I can personally look after your reservation.
I look forward to get the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed for a week in two different rooms, have seen there can be a big difference in room size - first was small, dark and no balcony, second was spacious, light with balcony you can sit on, though both were tastefully decorated. Molton Brown toiletries are provided and the rooms were always very clean. Staff were very friendly and service was excellent, any issues we had were dealt with very well.

Hotel bar/restaurant is very popular and busy at the weekends with people coming in from outside the hotel and much quieter in the week. Cocktails are very good and we tried dinner and lunch by the pool both of which were very good.

Massage at the spa was good quality. The gym is small but sufficient, it has air con which you'll need. The outdoor pool and pool area with loungers and mattresses is great and a very pleasant place to spend the day. It's a nice touch getting complimentary cooling sorbets and smoothies. The sea is worth a dip as it's cool and refreshing but the beach is small and not too attractive so most people tend to stay round the pool.

There is very little worth going to around the hotel, tacky bars and poor quality tourist restaurants were all we found. There are some nice places to eat near the castle and from wandering around the town centre we randomly found some local places to eat where we had the tastiest food at the cheapest price.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your recent stay and your complimenting review. I am delighted to read that our staff were very friendly and the rooms always very clean and that you found our service excellent. I take great pleasure in sharing your encouring comments with our team. We very much enjoyed having you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards and greetings to London

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We have recently returned from a lovely two weeks in Limassol where we chose to stay at the Londa Hotel. We also chose this hotel to host our wedding reception in our first week. From the first minute we arrived were treated superbly. The suite was immaculate and exactly as described.

The breakfast was varied and catered for every taste. The staff were very pleasant and attentive and all this with a spectacular ocean backdrop.

Our wedding co-ordinator Andia had been in contact for several months before our arrival and was just as keen when we met her. On our wedding day everything was perfect from the champagne reception to the food being served by candle light at the pool area. All our guests enjoyed the ambience the hotel had created.

All the staff and management made us feel very welcome and we couldn't have been happier with our stay.

My husband and I would like to thank the Londa for giving us a great start to married life. We left very relaxed and really wanted a third week and will return at the next available opportunity.

Many thanks Victoria and Andrew McMahon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria M
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Victoria & Andrew
It makes us so happy when we read such wonderful reviews! We are glad that you arrived home safely, with memories of a lovely stay.
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your Londa experience with us. It has been a pleasure for everyone at the Londa to have you here and we deeply appreciate the fact that you trusted us for organizing such a special event for you.
We wish you all the best for your new future together and we look forward to welcoming you to the Londa soon again.
Best regards, Andia and Jochen & The Londa Team

Reviewed 1 October 2011

We loved the hotel because it was just about we were looking for – the calm place to relax after the bustle of the big city.
The hotel was pretty small, the staff was responsive, the breakfast was good, the beach was not big but enough and on the same level as in other hotels on Cyprus.
Pool bar was offering a great pomegranate mojito – worth tasting :)
The only bad thing I can complain was the size of the room. It was smaller than we expected and was without balcony (as it has been promised on the site). I can’t say the bed was hard (as other reviewers said), but it was definitely squeaky (may be these were two different options :) ) Cleaning service was perfect (twice a day).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,
We very much appreciate your kind review, it is great to hear that the Londa fulfilled your expectations on most points. I would however, like to offer my apologies with regards to the room you were assigned. The hotel has only a few rooms without a balcony which are usually given out on special requests, hence I will look into the reasons of this unfortunate allocation. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back and please rest assured that I will personally ensure you will be allocated a room with a balcony.
Best regards