“Lovely Londa hotel”

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Limassol
London
“Lovely Londa hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Currently staying at the Londa with my wife on our annual holiday.This is our first visit to Cyprus and we have been really impressed. This boutique hotel is well position on the Limassol coastline and located on the beach. The pool area is quiet with no issues finding poolside beds. there is a poolside bar and catering which we found to be of excellent quality and reasonably priced. Whilst are room has only a partial sea view it is well appointed and is serviced to a very high standard each day. We have visited a couple of the rooms on our floor with sea views and balconies and they have stunning views and room decor is to a very high standard. We have spent several evenings in the bar/ lobby area and general service along with the cocktail menu ! has been excellent. The staff at the hotel are extremely attentive,friendly however not at all intrusive, nothing is a problem from them The soft lighting and background music add to the pleasure. We have visited two of the other larger hotels in the Four seasons and The Amathus and whilst impressive they feel somewhat impersonal in their design and sheer size so if you want a five star luxury boutique hotel ,five star staff and five star service look no further this hotel has it all.
You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Paul,
Thank you for choosing the Londa for your summer holidays. It is a great pleasure having you and your wife with us. It made me very happy to read about your experience at our hotel and that you are enjoying Cyprus. I very much appreciate the fact that you took the time during your holidays to write this wonderful review and we are extremely grateful that you have pointed out the advantages of a boutique hotel.
We wish you both a most enjoyable remaining stay.
Jochen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I love the decor in this place! I have never stayed in this hotel but i go often with my friends for coffee or drinks. I love the hot chocolate and the tea at their lobby coffee shop. Both are served in traditional steal kettle and taste yummy! I have looked around the spa area for their services but i found them overly expensive!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Gina,
Thank you very much for your kind words and for your loyalty. It is always a great pleasure having you and your friends with us for a coffee. Next time you are around please ask for me. I am sure we will find an excellent value for money spa treatment for you.
Looking forward to personally meeting you.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A great boutique hotel, located right on the beach.
It is a minimalistic new age decor hotel, with very clean rooms with all the amenities.
We stayed in a Side Sea view 2 bedroom suite...the size of the room was average, however it was very clean and had very clever equipement! The room included a swivel TV (to view from both rooms), two bathrooms (very convenient), a CD player, a coffee maker, ample room to store your stuff, a safe etc.

The breakfast was very generous and of good quality!
The pool was a bit small, but there is a private beach right on the front!
The pool sunbeds were on the floor however (only drawback)!

Staff was friendly...reception was eager to assist us.
Only thing was that there was no room service after 12pm, which was a bit odd.

Overall, I would definetely recommend this hotel as it was quite good! Value for money is average...however this is a great little hotel on the main road of Limassol!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Stacey,
We are very honoured that you choose the Londa while you were in Limassol. And we are extremely grateful that you took the time to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Best regards and happy greetings to Athens
Orkanger, Norway
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Londa has done an excellent marketing job, and positioned itself as a very popular hotel in Limasol. It's a great hotel but has some flaws one should not expect of a five star hotel.

Pros:
Great room! We stayed in a room type: "Superior Room Side Sea View" and was impressed to have two bathrooms. It was there seperate bedroom and living room. Elegant room.

The outdoor area by the pool is nice, but not particularly large. To get at space there you should get out there early.

Cons:
Hard to get parked. There are a few parking spaces right by the hotel and another car park on the opposite side of the street. To park there you need a token, that you get at the front desk, and you then have to drive a distance to get turned around and come across on the other side. The hotel gave little information and little help with this.

The service at front desk and at the lobby bar was not particularly friendly.

I also had a non positive experience in the restaurant by the pool. We ate lunch there. I chose their homemade burger, and because I was pregnant (which I both said and that was very visible :-) I emphasized that it had to be adapted to this (pasteurized cheese, etc.). The burger I got was very little fried. It had a crust on the outside, but most of it was raw meat. I ate some of it, but felt so bad about eating it because I was pregnant (I eat my potatoes and salad instead). I did not send it back because I was hungry and didn't want to sit there any longer than necessary. When they were clear of, I mentioned that one should not serve pregnant raw meat. The waiter did not say anything about this, but brought the chef. He told me that there was nothing wrong with their burger. It came from fresh beef of high quality and was perfectly safe to eat. I tried to explain that it is enough for most, but that pregnant women should not eat raw meat. But he didn't wana listen to that. I just wanted to inform the restaurant about this, I was pleasant when I did so, but don't feel they were interested.

Raw meat may involve risk of contamination with coliform bacteria, toxoplasmosis, and salmonella. If that were to happen, it could mean that the fetus dies in the stomach. In a good restaurant its a very little risk there is something wrong with the meat, but most pregnant women are not willing to take that risk even if it is low. This is something that restaurants should have knowledge about and respect. I therefore urge Londa to read up on this theme: http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ingunn A
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,
It was a great pleasure having you with us and thank you very much for sharing your comments. We very much appreciate the additional information on recommended food during pregancies. We wish you all the best for your special time ahead and hope to welcome you back next time with your little one.
Best wishes and greetings to Norway
Cyprus
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We really loved this hotel. We stayed here for our anniversary and they let us have early check-in and they even upgraded our room for us from a side sea view to a sea view! The service was excellent and the hotel is spotlessly clean.

We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelfluffy
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for sharing your impressions and most positive feedback. Congratulations once again on your anniversary. We hope to be of service again soon, the team and I are looking forward to it.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Londa hotel and the staff provided a truly exceptional level of service and warmth for our entire, one week stay. The warmth from the staff felt genuine and natural - which is not always the case with some 5 star establishments. We felt welcomed and indeed spoilt. The pool and its surroundings were a delight and staff low key but attentive. Pool-side staff-member Anthony, the waiters in the Caprice restaurant and the manager based in the spa, all deserve particular mention. Additional requests (for a DVD player to be provided in the room and for an ironing board and iron) were dealt with swiftly and a very professional level of service was demonstrated throughout our stay. The pool (clean and a perfect size) and the wonderful and comfortable pool-side loungers made the stay particularly relaxing and perfect. A further visit is anticipated because the Londa ticked all the boxes - a special place with special staff. I'm hugely grateful to have found this boutique escape - and grateful to all the staff - many thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James N
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear James,
It was a pleasure to read your positive feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Your compliments have been passed on to the team. We were very delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all look forward to your future visit and to welcome you back.
Greetings to London and best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed at Londa for 10 nights in June. The hotel was very very clean and has everything you need to enjoy your hoilday.
The breakfast buffet had a good choice of hot and cold food to eat.
The pool was nice a clean, not the biggest and at the weekends it can be a little bit hard to get a sunbed but no problems on a week day.
We ate at the caprice on our first night and as it was quite busy, the service was not fantastic which was a bit disappointing and the food average.
The pool side bar and the hotel bar had good service and nice food also room service was really good too.
All staff made us feel very welcome and would do anything they could to make your stay comfortable.
We also had a massage at the spa which was fantastic I would recommened it at the start of your hoilday to get you nice and relaxed.
All in all we had a very relaxing hoilday and would reccommend Londa hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moose206
Jochen_Niemann, Manager at Londa Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Reviewer,
I can not begin to tell you how happy it made me to read your review. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as possible. We very much appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff. It is great to know that you had a relaxing holiday and thank you for recommending the Londa. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back.
Best regards and greetings to London.