Just returned from this hotel after staying 11 nights, was ready to come home after 2 .
although this hotel has recently been renovated, whoever did the design must have thought they were refurbishing a hospital, everything painted white completely devoid of any colour, warmth or ambience. the rooms although large with plenty of hanging space are bare and cold looking with 2 horrible plastic chairs, there are no handles on the bathroom doors just two small round inset rings that break your nails or cut your fingers, shower in bathroom is not the best we have had and had to stand right up close to the plughole to catch the water. Overall impression of the room when we walked in was like a £29 per night Premier Inn. No Wi Fi in rooms unless you pay and the security safes are an exorbitant charge where other 5* hotels are free.
The Hotel is mainly occupied by Russians and if you are looking for conversation you can forget it as most will not even give you the time of day. I think there were only 5 or 6 couples who were British.
As for the food well I don't really know what to say except it was well below five star standard
all food was luke warm at best and the plates always cold. One morning even the miniature sausages were not cooked and un-edible, when the bread ran out they brought out Frozen to toast, the restaurant itself has no atmosphere being decorated in mainly white and was more like a cafeteria, also with everyone picking up the food tongs there was no evidence of anti bacteria hand gel anywhere and the food is not probed for temperature at regular intervals.I complained to the Rep and they offered us extra night in the Italian but this was limited set menu and just a taster if you wanted the real thing you had to pay, and it wasn't cheap needless to say we didn't bother. The last week we spent going out for meals which I bitterly begrudged as this hotel is not cheap by any means and we had obviously paid for the food in the price of the holiday.
Being late in the season and although the weather was glorious, the pool which looks lovely was like getting into an ice bucket and the indoor pool was not heated so swimming unless in the sea was a no go. There is no games room or library, no entertainment is provided during the day and the limited Evening entertainment was a joke.
Summing up I made a formal complaint with the resort rep and will be writing to our holiday company as we cannot understand where this hotel got it's 5* rating we have stayed in better 3*.
Needless to say we will never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Apollonia is an elegant five-star hotel were luxury and comfort make a perfect match, it features 204 completely refurbished bedrooms including 13 suites of varying sizes, a free form 523m² outside swimming pool and 3 restaurants, all with differing cuisines for your culinary enjoyment. The Royal Spa offers you a sensational treatment menus that includes 7 treatment rooms, LifeFitness equipped gym & indoor pool, sauna and Climatological Dead Sea Room. Is located directly on the beach and directly at the heart of tourist area of Limassol, just 5 Km drive from the archaeological site of Ancient Amathus, 10 minutes drive from the city center and within walking distance from the tourist area of Limassol where bars, restaurants and discos are found in abundance. The distance from Larnaca Airport is 77 Km and Paphos 67 Km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Jet2Holidays , Bookcyprus.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Booking.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Apollonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Apollonia Beach Limassol
- Hotel Louis Apollonia Beach