“Everything was perfect”

Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Budapest, Hungary
“Everything was perfect”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 weeks in October. The view was fantastic,the rooms are clean and comfortable. The food was delicious and we could enjoy the facilities of the hotel, the staff are very courteous and friendly.It was lovely and very romantic at night. I wish we come back soon.I can recommend it for everybody.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kristína M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 6 February 2012

it was really very nice in grand resort.i would like to say this is the best hotel in cyprus.i was there in octobor 2011.the service was very nice.view of this hotel is perfect for the visitors.management is very friendly and helpfull.all of the staff is also helpfull.i really like this hotel

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank arifulkk
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Not sure y ppl get so excited about this hotel.nothing special,is not posh.breakfast ok,family orientated hotel i wouldnt stay there for a romatic getaway.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank lola2882
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I been in this amazing hotel 1 year ago and i cant forget this wonderfull days. i will always recommend to my friends, partners to visit this place. and if i will do a trip to Cyprus i will choose this hotel. The hotel servises are on high level, area is wonderfull, the staff is very kindly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tibeebee
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I was here on a 2 day conference. There are few hotels still left like this. The conference facilities are perfect for a business meeting. Spacious and easily accessible. The rooms are well furnished and with a great view. Many dinning options as there are a variety of restaurants available. The Management is always around and very helpfull and the staff is working always with a smile. This is a hotel for everyone. I strongly recommend it

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Telis K
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Grand Resort in October this year. We couldn't be happier with the hotel and the staff. Everything was perfect to the last detail and all our guests were impressed especially with the food.

George and Yiannis (management) if you are reading this, thank you very much for everything you did for us, you made our special day perfect and unforgettable! - Val + Jo

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank valentinos k
Cumbria
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This was a very nice hotel with a great relaxing atmosphere. We stayed 23-30th October and we had a great week with the weather. 29-30c in the sun 24c in the sea but a chilly 20c in the pool and not may people used it that I noticed. We went with another family and both were allocated 1st floor 'hill view' rooms. We were not offered complimentary upgrades to sea view rooms as others may have been but they did offer the upgrade at a rate of 50euros per night. The room we had did not appear to be overly refurbished but was nice none the less. and adequate for our needs. The rooms were made up daily with fresh linen and a chocolate on the pillow which my son liked. The room was noisy from the road outside and on the last saturday the noise from a place called Chesters went on for hours. Oh and there was a crack in the sink(not a major problem but after reading some of the other reviews I am now a little dissapointed in the room myself and my family were given) The rest of the hotel I thought was very nice with a nice reception area and nice bars. The breakfasts were lovely with a buffet style selection of everything you could want (evrything I could want) the waffles with chocolate sauce were lovely. The staff here were all very pleasant and very helpful and as always in Cyprus very nice with children. The sauna/ steam room, gym etc were all very good and empty for most of the time I was there which was good for a relax, this may have been due to it being late in the season. There were 2 girls Erika and Olga who were both very nice and enthusiastic and deserve a mention, they were part of the daily entertainments program and they always seemed cheerful. One part that really did dissapoint and marred the experience was the Teppen Yaki Restaurant, we were told that this would be not only an eating experience but also a show, quote from the hotel website " Kyoshi Teppan Yaki, Delight in live-theatre cooking as Master Chefs perform astonishing feats of skill and creativity right before your eyes. Authentic Asian testing menus are few of the pleasures and treasures that await you at the open air Kyoshi" The food was nice however there were no astonishing feats of skill and creativity which delighted any one of us. The chef cooked rice chicken and beef in front of us and then walked off. There was no show , no live theatre cooking but only a bill for 390 euros despite bing told it would be a spectacular show. We had invited guests for this meal and did not want to make a fuss in front of them but the next(last day) our friends complained, the head chef told them the chef who cooked our food wasn't the best one and that they had not put on a show with knife throwing etc due to children being there. This was not great. They finally offered 15% back!
Now not related to the hotel I also had a problem with the Thomas Cook rep who gave me the wrong flight information for the return journey and this caused unecessary confusion and stress and a number of calls to sort out. It took the friday evening and the Saturday to sort which ate into my valuable hard earned holiday time.
I know it sounds like I am whinging but I like to pay for and get a holiday that does not have these kind of irritations whuch ultimately spoil what was otherwise a nice break. I have gone to Cyprus for over 15 years and will always go back, but maybe not back to this hotel, we'll see.

Room Tip: Hill view rooms can be noisy from the road noise and opposite restaurants. Get a sea view on if you...