Just got back from our one week holiday at the Grand resort booked through Thomas cook.
On arrival at Larnica airport we were met by a rep and directed to our mini bus outside, took a little to find it but once we did we had a pleasant air conditioned journey to the hotel.
The hotel reception staff were efficient and the porter provided everyone with a hot towel to freshen up whilst we booked in.
The transfer to our room went well, the porter was efficient and friendly he gave us a little advice on booking meals as he believed we were booked in as B&B only. We were in fact on a half board basis and the reception team were quick to change our status.
The room was nice but getting a little tired with a torn net at the balcony window, smelly mini bar and the odd stain on the tiles which were stubborn and did not wash off. There was a TV in the room and the hotel advertises English spoken channels such as discovery, BBC entertainment and news. Good luck with the entertainment channel as it uses the same decoder as the sports channel and it would appear that sport will always take precedence unless you make a fuss.
The facilities were great with an excellent swimming pool and pool side bar, beach front with plenty of beach and pool side sun loungers. Indoor pool and Jacuzzi and Gym were available but once again cracked tiles in the changing rooms.
There are various restaurants within the hospital, one specialising in breakfast which gave you everything you could wish for from fried to continental, porridge pancakes, cereals and fruit, the toasters were not up to the job of toasting bread and need to be replaced.
The evening meals were in the main based outside which due to the changing whether not always ideal, the first night we were washed out in a rain storm and by the end of the week it was cold. A la Cart was available but we opted for the buffet which was themed every evening from Italian to Russian to BBQ. They were without exception good.
The food, coffee and wine when bought at the hotel were reasonably priced and came with complimentary biscuits for the coffee and nuts with wine.
The Best bit of the hotel is without doubt the staff, to a man and woman they were friendly helpful and courteous, nothing was too much trouble and they could all speak your language well, even the Russian and Latvian staff. Worst bit was the never ending football on TV and the thin worn out towels and too be fair if that is the worst problem you encounter on a holiday you are doing ok.
Grand Resort thank you for a great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the finest five star hotels in Cyprus, the newly renovated GrandResort is set in beautifully landscaped tropical gardens, on a superb beachside location, 11km from Limassol town centre. Standing in extensive grounds, the resort offers an impressive range of facilities and an unrivaled standard of personal service and sheer comfort. The magnificent grounds include a tranquil free-form outdoor swimming pool on the edge of a sandy beach near the ancient kingdom of Amathus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Bookcyprus.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your GrandResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Limassol
- Grandresort Hotel Limassol
- Grandresort Resort Limassol
- Hawaii Grand